Donald Cerrone: I was supposed to drop back to 155 lbs, rematch Matt Brown for UFC Austin

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

UFC welterweight Donald Cerrone has been planning to drop back down to 155-pounds. Apparently, he was scheduled to do so for the UFC’s event in Austin, Texas, against an opponent he already defeated.

“I was going back to 155-pounds, and I thought the fight was supposed to be with Matt Brown,” Cerrone told Jim Norton and Matt Serra in a recent appearance on UFC Unfiltered. “Matt Brown called, and I begged the UFC for the fight, I told them that he wanted to do it.”

“Cowboy” explains that Brown suddenly pulled out of the yet to be announced match-up, which is why he will carry on with his welterweight run against Yancy Medeiros, instead.

Donald Cerrone: I was supposed to drop back to 155 lbs, rematch Matt Brown for UFC Austin

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not sure if Cerrone got any better match up against Medeiros. This will be a war.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Not sure if Cerrone got any better match up against Medeiros. This will be a war.
He got the worst guy in the top 15, it's a good fight to bounce back with. Stops him falling further down the rankings too provided he wins. Medieros is also another 155'er that moved up to 170, so Cerrone won't be giving up 30+ lbs like he was against Darren Till.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
also Matt Brown at 155? that's why Brown didn't take the fight ffs he's never making 155 :mad:

distant1

Feb 13, 2017
fighting a long lanky guy who sets a high pace from the word go, attacks the body, and can recover from insane damage; its not unwinnable, but seems like a very bad matchup for cowboy