General Donald Trump awarded 9th Dan Taekwondo black belt, now outranks Chuck Norris

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

Donald Trump is now a 9th Dan Taekwondo black belt.

That ranks him above 8th Dan Chuck Norris — and a lot of other Taekwondo masters — which may explain why the combat sports community is up in arms. Blame World Taekwondo Headquarters (Kukkiwon) President Lee Dong-sup, who insists there are no political motives behind the honorary certificate.

“It is my honor to receive the Honorary Dan Certificate and I think Taekwondo is magnificent martial art for self defense,” the former U.S. President said after donning his Dobok. “I wish to see Kukkiwon Taekwondo Team’s demonstration.”

Trump, who was voted out of office last November, doesn’t practice any sort of martial art but has long been a supporter of UFC and promotion president Dana White. In fact, the Las Vegas fight boss stumped for the controversial real estate mogul at two Republican National Conventions.

It should be noted that Russian President Vladimir Putin was also awarded a 9th Dan Taekwondo black belt back in 2013.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Donny wouldn’t even be able to get his knee above his waistline. Taekwondo enthusiasts everywhere should be appalled.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
This is the Donald I love; the buffoon. The guy who did Pizza Hut commercials and stared in the Muppets Take Manhattan. I'm happy to see Donnie is putting politics behind him and stepping aside for smarter, more efficient fascists like DeSantis.

Happy retirement, Donald.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
We need a 4 man grand prix between Vlad's judo and tkd BBs, Bolsonaro's BJJ BB and Donny's TKD BB. Who can take the number 4 spot? Is Bibi ranked in Krav?