Society Donald Trump for Nobel Peace Prize

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
I doubt Trump could pick out Korea on a map if you gave him 5 tries. But it's not about the Koreans, it's about winning, and Trump truly is the greatest at winning.
What you said in the second post about koreans saying it was all possible because of trump is just the Korean way to blow hot air about him hoping he loves the kind words and decides to embody that image. It wasn't really that he made this all possible as you can see he's actually making it not possible and Moon is wasting everyone's time because he's a north Korean descendant that badly wants to be credited for setting the precedent in reuniting the penninsula.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
There's limitations as to what Donald can do. There has just been too many bad turns that the regime in north Korea will never trust the US to denuclearize and the US is equally suspicious of any promises that regime makes. Bush was right, you would need a total regime change outside of waiting for the Gov. to topple on it's own by coup. Otherwise just shutter the doors and stop talking to a long line of rock headed imbeciles, it's just going to be another costly mistake.
So it is the Chinese fault right...?

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
So it is the Chinese fault right...?
It's the Moon gov. fault.

However the Chinese do share a shit ton of blame in the whole North Korea situation. If they wanted North Korea gone they could easily do that. Infact they are the ones who will not permit a regime change in North Korea.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
What you said in the second post about koreans saying it was all possible because of trump is just the Korean way to blow hot air about him hoping he loves the kind words and decides to embody that image. It wasn't really that he made this all possible as you can see he's actually making it not possible and Moon is wasting everyone's time because he's a north Korean descendant that badly wants to be credited for setting the precedent in reuniting the penninsula.
I can't imagine Mr. Moon giving Trump that much undue credit for such a big, important issue. I have to take his words at face value.

I think Trump has handled this situation like a pro from the get go. Even now, he shouldn't meet with NK until they apologize for going after VP Pence.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Israelis and Palestinians Need to Face the Truth - The Atlantic

It hardly seems possible that it’s been 25 years since the signing of the Oslo Accords, that hopeful moment when peace between Palestinians and Israelis seemed at hand. In retrospect, the Accords seem less a triumph than an abject failure. Most observers, trying to understand what went wrong, fight over who to blame. The more constructive question is not who, but rather what, to blame. What doomed the Oslo Accords is also what made them possible in the first place: constructive ambiguity.

Given decades of war and bloodshed, the theory went, the two sides could not be expected to immediately settle their core disputes; an interim period of trust-building was required. It was better to remain ambiguous about the core issues which needed to be resolved, the negotiators assumed, rather than force the sides to adopt positions and make concessions which they might not be ready to make.

This constructive ambiguity, imbued in each element of the Accords, proved to be utterly destructive. Instead of building trust and allowing the parties to adjust to the reality of the inevitable compromises which were necessary for peace, it merely allowed each side to persist in its own self-serving interpretation of what the Accords implied and to continue the very behavior which destroyed trust on the other side. And so, when the time came, a few short years later, to settle the core issues, the ensuing failure was all but inevitable.
Throughout the interim years of the Oslo Accords, Israeli settlement activity was allowed to continue unhampered, with the number of settlers increasing from 110,000 on the eve of the Accords in 1993 to 185,000 in 2000, during the negotiations over a final status, to 430,000 today. That increase seriously undermined the notion that Israel was sincere about making way for a Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza.

Palestinian leaders, meanwhile, continued pursuing what they referred to as the “Right of Return,” their demand that ever-growing numbers of Palestinians be allowed to settle within the territory of pre-1967 Israel, which would render Jews a minority in an Arab state. There were nearly 3 million Palestinians registered with UNRWA as refugees in 1993, a number that increased to 3.8 million in 2000, and which stands at 5.3 million today. Palestinian leaders never dared face their people to tell them that as part of a final peace agreement, just as Jews would be expected to vacate their settlements east of the pre-1967 lines, Arab Palestinians be expected to renounce their claim to settle west of those lines.

It's hard not to make similar comparisons to the North Korea attempt. "First we need trust and relationship, then we'll figure out the rest. We can't negotiate if we don't have that foundation first."

I mean, human to human wise that seems a no brainer. But this article makes a point that such a move is counterproductive and will never work without clear lines first.

Maybe cold hard (diplomatic) math is needed for the negotiation. But then again, North Korea is as authoritarian as anyone. It is run by one man. If he answers to no one but himself, maybe handshakes and relationships are more effective in this case.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I approve of the resurrection of this abomination of a thread.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I approve of the resurrection of this abomination of a thread.
Continuing in the theme of the above Oslo accords, failure lies with those that spend all their time finger pointing instead of admitting the way to a solution requires real sacrifice by both sides.

So just gonna finger point or is there something we can learn from history to change the course this time?

Nothing has succeeded or failed...yet.

Towards history, maybe Trump should get the peace prize for trying:

In 1994 Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres, and PLO Chairman Yasser Arafat received the Nobel Peace Prize following the signing on the Oslo Accords, "for their efforts to create peace in the Middle East

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
The nobel peace prize lost all credibility when they gave it to Yassir Arafat.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Continuing in the theme of the above Oslo accords, failure lies with those that spend all their time finger pointing instead of admitting the way to a solution requires real sacrifice by both sides.

So just gonna finger point or is there something we can learn from history to change the course this time?

Nothing has succeeded or failed...yet.

Towards history, maybe Trump should get the peace prize for trying:
Well I think it's been well established that The Trump/ Kim dalliance was nothing more than an ill-advised photo-op with nothing to show for it - something Trumplelstiltskin was warned about beforehand.
Otherwise, every world leader who shook a dictator's hand should get a 'peace prize'.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The nobel peace prize lost all credibility when they gave it to Yassir Arafat.
There are more characters like that out there than jew think. They're smoking weed, masturbating all along. Civilized people use a sheet. You

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Well I think it's been well established that The Trump/ Kim dalliance was nothing more than an ill-advised photo-op with nothing to show for it - something Trumplelstiltskin was warned about beforehand.
Otherwise, every world leader who shook a dictator's hand should get a 'peace prize'.

Are you making a case against Trump or the participants of the Oslo Accords?

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Well it's a result of what happens when Trumpanzees get their hopes up only to be disappointed again.
I got my hopes up for Obama but he consistently said one thing and did another.

The media is all over Trump about befriending dictators but conveniently forget the past presidents actions.

If Obama had been able to get North and South Korea to meet for the first time since 1953 he would’ve been celebrated.

I am in no way a Trump supporter, but when the media has got to the point that no matter what the opposition does they deem it horrible and disgusting, how are people supposed to be reasonable and meet on common ground?