Donations for the site...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I've brought this up to IWEI in private but I want to get a consensus going here.

These guys got this site up and are keeping it going (improving it every day along the way) on their own dime and their own time.

I, for one, want to kick in some money to help offset the costs that these guys are eating. We all know they need it and damn well deserve it.

I proposed to IWEI that maybe they can do a Go-Fund-Me kind of thing (he also brought up a 'donate' button) for us users to fork over a dime or two here and there.

I think it's a great idea. Like I said, they need it and they deserve it.

So who would be willing to kick over a couple dollars for a good cause? (raises hand!)

If Splinty sets it up, I have a feeling it will generate a significant amount of finance for you guys to put to good use. Please do it...I really feel like I need to contribute more than just my golden posts! :D

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Seriously though, appreciate the gesture. Splinty is working on a donation button. We don't anyone to feel obligated. Period.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The big problem with having a smaller, intimate community here is it's difficult to monetize until the community grows. I'll definitely contribute. I know those guys put a shit ton of time into this place and the cost to develop and maintain this site is all out of their pocket right now.

SickEye

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I don't know for sure how 'donate' buttons work but hopefully they tie into PayPal because that's how I like to roll!

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Hopefully here in a month or 2 I can provide cost free hosting for a period of time... Until it grows beyond what I could provide. Just out of curiosity, and feel free to pm this, what are the server specs the site is hosted on?

SickEye

First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Seriously though, appreciate the gesture. Splinty is working on a donation button. We don't anyone to feel obligated. Period.
Dude...I bought a blue name the last three years over there. I got a blue name and the ability to post pics and a couple other insignificant things.

Did the powers that be care? no...not too much. They sold out the wants of the minority of good-hearted blue namers in favor of the fighter-bashing whims of POS mud namers (who flock over there by the hundreds) just so they wouldn't look like 'nazis' and can sell ads for more $ because of the traffic.

I could have saved myself some money by posting a mean-spirited thread, getting myself frozen, and creating another thread asking why I was frozen and accusing the mods of being nazis.

BOOM, instant ass-kissing and FRAT posts by the mods explaining how they have to cater to everyone and how 'opinions' have to be respected.

Am I generalizing? Yes, a little...but some of you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
^^^ Why do you think we developed this site? LOL, I know exactly what you're talking about. You only listed a fraction of the reasons that drove us to do this.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
At a rough guess I think I purchased at least 6 blue names for other members on the UG. Not including bets I lost. Nearly always had a blue myself too, no point really as I only posted from the app these last couple of years.

I'm really appreciating being able to post pictures and gifs again, I forgot how much fun that shit was. I'm not gonna lie either I also realize how much money I wasted on blues over at the UG, we are talking hundreds of dollars and I never figured out how to post pictures from app. I'm not bitter though, I spent the money to contribute to the website / community.

I don't really post there anymore, and if you guys need a little cash donation to keep the ship sailing steady I'd be more than willing to chip in a little.

sa80teur

Mar 15, 2015
I'd chip in, too. Really impressed with the community as well as the interaction with mods/admins. Don't think I'll be renewing my blue name. All the cool kids are here anyway.

SickEye

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
At a rough guess I think I purchased at least 6 blue names for other members on the UG. Not including bets I lost. Nearly always had a blue myself too, no point really as I only posted from the app these last couple of years.

I'm really appreciating being able to post pictures and gifs again, I forgot how much fun that shit was. I'm not gonna lie either I also realize how much money I wasted on blues over at the UG, we are talking hundreds of dollars and I never figured out how to post pictures from app. I'm not bitter though, I spent the money to contribute to the website / community.

I don't really post there anymore, and if you guys need a little cash donation to keep the ship sailing steady I'd be more than willing to chip in a little.
"I spent the money to contribute to the website / community."

That's exactly why I did it too. I figured 'hey, I spend so much time on this site, I'll go the whole nine yards and get a Pro membership'.

I figured that the assholes just kinda came along with the deal, along with a couple of jackass mods who seemed (to me at least) to be nothing more than trolls themselves.

Then, after recurring problems with crashing really started to plague the site and bring about the scorn of several members, I figured a change for the better was on the horizon...

LOL, no such luck! The crashing problems were met with little more than apologies and empty promises, despite a lot of money coming in through ads and pro memberships.

But it was the constant fighter bashing that finally got on my last nerve. It wasn't just about my personal favorite fighters getting bashed, it was pretty much all fighters in general, even the ones I don't like myself. To the mods credit, maybe a lot of fighter bashing was deleted before I saw it..but I also saw a shitload of it going on in plain sight and I refuse to believe that it went unnoticed by every single mod on there. Fuckin forget about it!

Then you have mods and/or admins contradicting each other by letting banned idiots back into the mix, who were frozen for good reasons, because they didn't agree with the person who banned them. I realize that modding isn't an easy gig, but an obvious troll is obvious. It doesn't take a genius to spot them. Get rid of the fuckers. Forums aren't democracies, they're dictatorships...like it or not. Who goes and who stays is entirely up to the people in charge.

I don't really know what my point is here...other than the fact that I regret contributing money to a forum that I optimistically thought would change for the better when all along it was not much more than a turd circling the toilet bowl on its way out into the abyss.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You mad bro? I have some vicks vapo rub if you need some?

I agree with your post though. I came to this place just to see what it was like and ended up never leaving.