Don't Hate the Playa, Hate the Game

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
[video]https://instagram.com/p/zx6qlSMMgp/[/video]

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Lol, if only Vitor connected to Jones' dome, the result would've been similar

I don't hate Jones but anyone who does that shit deserves exactly that. Funny enough, both Jones and this guy raised their hand right before the kick connected so it was technically legal. Guy in the vid still got DQd, but when the kick landed, his opponent's hand was not grounded.

If Vitor DID KO Jones like that.. imagine the uproar? Would it be ruled illegal? Would the replay show Jones' hand was up and give Vitor a legit win? Or would they say he threw it while Jones was down, so it's the intent that matters?

Always wondered about this myself.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Galanis;n34332 said:
Lol, if only Vitor connected to Jones' dome, the result would've been similar

I don't hate Jones but anyone who does that shit deserves exactly that. Funny enough, both Jones and this guy raised their hand right before the kick connected so it was technically legal. Guy in the vid still got DQd, but when the kick landed, his opponent's hand was not grounded.

If Vitor DID KO Jones like that.. imagine the uproar? Would it be ruled illegal? Would the replay show Jones' hand was up and give Vitor a legit win? Or would they say he threw it while Jones was down, so it's the intent that matters?

Always wondered about this myself.
I think it comes down to intent and when you started the kick. There have been many examples of when someone throws and their hands weren't down at the time of the strike being thrown, but were down by the time it landed being ruled legal. So I would imagine that the opposite holds true. But, yeah if you are going to play that game you deserve to get kicked in the face. They should make it part of the rules that if by attempting to abuse the system you get hit with a strike, that strike is legal. Everyone can spot someone abusing the system.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Agreed. The whole putting a hand on the ground to prevent knees thing is infuriating and takes away from the reality of the fight. I understand a lot of rules in place to prevent injury or not have the sport seen as too violent, but I prefer it to be as close to a real fight as possible. The glaring hole in the rules right now is that stupid knee on the ground shit.. and exactly what you said is the perfect solution for it.

Sadly, EVERYTHING takes so damn long to be done in MMA. It's highly unlikely we'll ever see rule changes related to the actual combat in the future, no matter how stupid they are (hand on ground, 12-6 elbows, etc)

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Holy shit, Shepherdsville is where my in-laws live. We are out there all the time, and i had no idea these fights were even going on there. I've got to get out to one of these things sometime!

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Lol, that was fucking Awesome!

Made Cat Zingano's plan look smart