Don't kill me but I think.....

Discussion in 'Cageside - MMA Discussion' started by brackett, Sep 15, 2019.

1. brackett

brackett Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I really wished that Dan Henderson didn't get injured before his bout with Jon Jones. I know Jones is like this un beatable guy but Fedor was like that too. Hendo beat him. I think I cried a little tear when that fight was called off. Dan Henderson is my all time favorite UFC fighter and it would have been cool to see if he could knock Jones out. What's more upsetting is that IMO he got robbed in the Bisbing fight. Close ? Not IMO and Silva should have won against Bisbing also. No disrespect to Bisbing but c'mon.

Sorry for the spelling. I couldn't figure out how to change " Down " to " Don't " in the title so hell with it. I'll try to do better next time before I hit submit.

• Like Like x 7
  2. The Boatman

The Boatman <------=<
    First 100

Ratings:
    +38,694
    Dan was very dangerous at that time
    Dan on Full TRT vs Picogram Jones would have been a nice fight

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. brackett

brackett Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I couldn't figure out how to edit my title from " Down " to " Don't ". Anyway....

What do you guys think ? I believe Hendo for sure had that " Punchers chance " on that fight and it would have been so cool to see him go out on top.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jason73

jason73 TMMAC 2020
    First 100

Ratings:
    +88,021
    hendo was already 500 years old at that point. he wasnt beating jones

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ENOCK

ENOCK Underneath Denver International Airport

Ratings:
    +11,458
    Right on the money - we probably would have seen the first fatality inside the Octagon had Juicy J got ahold of TRT Hollywood Hendo

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BirdWatcher

BirdWatcher Can jersey anybody I want
    Admin First 100

Ratings:
    +55,850
    Agree on both points here. I wouldn't call it a robbery but Bisping shouldn't have won. It was stupid of Silva to run off and celebrate though early though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Suicidalforlife

Ratings:
    +1,995
    They had the grappling match afterwards that didn't go well for Dan.

Part of me would have liked to see it too. Hendos right hand was always a game changer, but realistically, Jones would have murdered him and I'd have hated every minute of it.

He beat Bisping in the rematch alright, that was corrupt judging 100%.

Silva pretty much KOd Bisping but he celebrated instead of going for another killshot. Bisping was tough as fuck in the 4th and 5th and although he missed 90% of his strikes he still out hustled Silva to the final bell , that one didn't annoy me as much as Hendo 2.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. The EZ Life

The EZ Life Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,395
    I don’t think it could have gone any worse than Jones vs Shogun... but at least Hendo would have a chance of landing the H-bomb

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BirdWatcher

BirdWatcher Can jersey anybody I want
    Admin First 100

Ratings:
    +55,850
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. silentsinger

silentsinger 30/30-150

Ratings:
    +10,714
    Forgiven if you learn how to spell Bisping ;)

For someone who doesn't particularly enjoy wresting I have a lot of wrestlers who are my favourites. You'd have to have a screw loose if you didn't always hope the nest for Hendo.

11. Andrewsimar Palhardass

Andrewsimar Palhardass Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.

Ratings:
    +7,303
    Hendo would have gotten pushed against the cage and man handled. Love the guy but he wasn't beating that Jones.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dick Niaz

Dick Niaz It’s the Catalina Fucking Wine Mixer

Ratings:
    +5,950
    Would like to have seen prime Hendo vs the Jon from the OSP fight. Outside of that I don’t think any version of Dan would have a chance at any version of Jones.

13. ECC170

ECC170 Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
    Pro Fighter

Ratings:
    +23,009
    that's a ol fashion SUPER DUCK! very very very technical technique... Misdirection at its finest and it helps if you had previously attacked to the left side so it's a natural reaction for the other guy to reach to that side to defend and before he knows it bones Changed directions mid shot and its getting the corner and covering the hips.. this was getting big back when I use to attend legendary Granby Camps.. this isn't something just any wrestler let alone person can pull off..1 of my stud that's l wrestlers is a 197 college wrestler and hits it beautifully..

• Like Like x 3
  14. Tiiimmmaaayyy

Tiiimmmaaayyy First 100 ish

Ratings:
    +7,914
    Hendo was awesome. However, Jones was too big, too much reach, too young, too fast, and too juiced up. He would've wrecked Dan with ease.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Vagabond

Vagabond Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world

Ratings:
    +9,555
    I think it would have come down to reach. Hendo was always a smaller LHW and Jones is always the bigger and longer LHW.

I doubt Hendo would have gotten close enough to land the H bomb, Jones would have used his shady knee kick or eye pokes to keep Hendo at a distance and eventually TD, hellbows, to tko

• Like Like x 1
  16. Haulport

Haulport Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
    First 100

Ratings:
    +3,852
    Before Dan did a full on TRT blowup he walked around at 181lbs. Jones walks around at 230lbs.

Plus he's at least 5" taller and has a 10" reach advantage and was like 15 years younger...

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. JonJonesBeard

JonJonesBeard The Face That Runs the Place

Ratings:
    +27,873
    People know this fight was supposed to take place in 2012, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The Boatman

The Boatman <------=<
    First 100

Ratings:
    +38,694
    was supposed to take place...hendo had bad knee(?)
    chael offered to step in

jones didn't wanna fight

Jones then fights chael months later(why the heck did chael get a shot on a not late notice fight)...should have been an actual opponent

Is that what happened? or am I confusing things

UFC 151 - Wikipedia

Always bugged me that chael got the shot...would have been crazy if he made it out of first round though...lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. JonJonesBeard

Ratings:
    +27,873
    The point I was making was that JBJ was nowhere near the fighter he is now 7 years ago, and Hendo was about as good as he ever was all TRT'ed up.

Yes, Chael offered to step in on 8 days noticed. Jones declined, Jackson said it was too dangerous a fight to take on short notice or something along those lines. Because of how much the fans wanted the fight they gave it to Chael at a later date. The outcome of that fight will forever be the perfect counter argument to the idea of over turning the Jones/Hammill outcome.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. The Boatman

The Boatman <------=<
    First 100

Ratings:
    +38,694
    So I was close

to me it was like giving lil nog a shot at the HW belt after the HW champ declined to face lil nog on short notice but wanted to instead train for months to fight a much smaller and inferior fighter...was kind of the beginning of when UFC stopped giving the best fighters the title shots.

Didn't wanna fight chael on 8 days notice

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. JonJonesBeard

Ratings:
    +27,873
    In that case Chael was coming off a title fight against Silva and had gotten yuuuge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. The Boatman

The Boatman <------=<
    First 100

Ratings:
    +38,694
    true
    He was admittedly taking everything he could get away with(even after his first suspension for 17 times normal test levels or whatever)
    still was out of weight class and cutting the LHW contender line

23. JonJonesBeard

Ratings:
    +27,873
    He was cutting the line because Dana couldn't find anyone else to take the fight and he was trying to save the event.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. The Boatman

The Boatman <------=<
    First 100

Ratings:
    +38,694
    yes I get that

but I felt the division is held up by a short notice replacement getting the shot on months notice when there were many other more deserving fighters ready to roll

If Jones wanted the squash match he should have taken it on 8 days...He didn't deserve to fight Chael and Chael didn't deserve the fight if it wasn't a late replacement...that was a proven LHW's spot

Just my take

Not a fan of holding up divisions for TUF seasons or funky non top ranked contender matches

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Suicidalforlife

Ratings:
    +1,995
    Rambo is right but if I remember correctly, the excuse Jones used was that Jackson told him not to take the fight because it was too risky.

Idea behind that was they suspected Hendo had been carrying the injury for a while and knew he wasn't going to be able to fight, giving Chael an unfair advantage as he was already training for Jones.

Draft saved Draft deleted