Dr on Stephans eye poke, cut science and liver punches

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

I had a corneal abrasion about two month ago. No idea how it happened but holy fuck did it sting. Some common symptoms I experienced:

1. Extreme light sensitivity. I had to keep all the lights in my room off. I left the house to get eye drops (huge mistake lol) and the sunlight hurt my eye so fucking badly. It was impossible to open my eye outside. Even inside Walmart the lights were too bright so I had to do the Tony Ferguson and wear my sunglasses indoors.

2. Putting a contact lens on the eye actually reduced light sensitivity, which makes sense bc it adds an extra layer. But because I knew that the contact lens would extend the healing process, I took it out.

3. DO NOT put eye drops in your eye. It's like pouring peroxide or rubbing alcohol over a fresh wound, only 100x more painful. Holy fuck never do that (I didn't know what the problem was at the time)

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
oh, wanted to like the guy but he annoyed me, so now I'm just as pig ignorant as I was when I mosied on in. this sucks.

M

member 3289

4. It got 75% better in a day and was completely healed after two days

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I had a corneal abrasion about two month ago. No idea how it happened but holy fuck did it sting. Some common symptoms I experienced:

1. Extreme light sensitivity. I had to keep all the lights in my room off. I left the house to get eye drops (huge mistake lol) and the sunlight hurt my eye so fucking badly. It was impossible to open my eye outside. Even inside Walmart the lights were too bright so I had to do the Tony Ferguson and wear my sunglasses indoors.

2. Putting a contact lens on the eye actually reduced light sensitivity, which makes sense bc it adds an extra layer. But because I knew that the contact lens would extend the healing process, I took it out.

3. DO NOT put eye drops in your eye. It's like pouring peroxide or rubbing alcohol over a fresh wound, only 100x more painful. Holy fuck never do that (I didn't know what the problem was at the time)

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015

CutmanMatt

MMA Hematologist
Jan 31, 2016
The cutman video was basically correct. No one really uses avitene because its messy. I use thrombin if I want a clot.

Also, the grease I use to plug cuts is made in a compounding pharmacy and has epi in it as well. I use regular stuff just for greasing at the beginning or general re-greasing during the fight.

BUT as good as our hero cutman did in the fight, its amateur hour shit to work barehanded like that. I dont wear gloves to protect myself from the fighters goobers and grossness, theyre tested and clean. I wear them to protect the fighters open wounds from the cootie farm that is the human hand.

So sort of "Task failed successfully" in my book.