Dragon Ball Super

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
todays DBS e60 got me thinking about the alternate timelines, so i did some research and put together the information. if anyone has any ideas on where it is flawed or where the 5th timeline comes from, thatd be awesome

even if this theory is not perfectly accurate, i think you'll get the main idea of how alternate timelines are created

to start, think about time travel outside dragonball. you cant go back in time and kill your parents before you were born. bc then you wouldnt exist. so lets start by saying if you travel back in time, you create a new timeline. in dragonball, it does let people travel back and forth between 2 timeslines as lone as they dont travel back further on the 2nd trip than they traveled on the first trip. if they did, it would probably create a new one

so its best to start looking at it from trunks perspective. he causes 2 timelines. and you will see cell does also

everythign is the same in all timelines until after freiza. then things are different for the 4 timeslines im going to describe (i dont know where the fifth came from... im guessing in super something happened?)

timeline 1: unseen timeline

timeline 2: cells timeline

timeline 3: trunks timeline where the z fighters are dead

timeline 4: the main timeline we know

lets start in timeline 2 which you we will call cell's timeline since he eventually time travels out of it, creating timeline 3. in timeline 2, goku dies of the heart disease. the androids kill all the other z fighters except gohan and trunks. gohan battles for over 10 years but is eventually killed. trunks cant beat them, so he travels back in time creating timeline 1. he gives goku the medicine to prevent goku from dying of the heart disease in timeline 1. he returns to timeline 2, but then travels back to the unseen timeline 1 again, but at a later date than the first time he went there, so it doesnt create a new timeline. he helps them beat the androids there. probably gets instructions on how they were built. he then goes back to timeline 2 and beats the androids. trunks tries to travel back in time to timeline 1 to tell the people in timeline 1 that he beat the androids. but cell kills him in timeline 2. cell then takes the time machine and travels back in time himself, creating timeline 3.

so far, most the good guys are alive in unseen timeline 1. all are dead in timeline 2.

in timeline 3, cell digs in the ground to recharge. this is the timeline we know as trunks timeline. goku also dies here of the heart disease since trunks only gave him the medicine in timeline 1. the androids kill all the z fighters, except gohan and trunks. gohan battles them for many years, but then is killed. so like timeline 2, its left on just trunks. just like the timeline 2 version of him did, he travels back in time. but heres the catch which causes timeline 4...

as a refresher, in timeline 2, there was no cell in the ground. so when he traveled back, he created timeline 1. we are now discussing trunks in timeline 3. this one differs from timeline 1 because cell is in the ground in 3. therefore, when he goes back in time, he cant go back to timeline 1 where theres no cell in the ground. instead, him traveling backwards in time causes a 4th timeline. the 4th is the main z fighter timeline we know. trunks goes back to timeline 3 and kill the androids there. he also kills cell there. thankfully, or else cell could have left 3 and caused a 5th.

so in timeline 3, everyone but trunks is dead. in timeline 4, everyone is alive and trunks gave goku the medicine, so he wont die of the heart disease down the road

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
I haven't seen any of super. I'll probably get down on it one day.
Even if you aren't ready to watch English subtitled episodes, you can check out the first 2 of 4 arcs

Personally, id say skip those 2 arcs anyway bc they are just drawn our versions of the 2 movies which you can find free on YouTube
- battle of the gods

- resurrection f

Watch those 2 movies. They are english dubbed. And when you start dragon ball super, you can start on the "uinverse 6" arc. It's okay. The current arc is amazing tho

P

Punch

Even if you aren't ready to watch English subtitled episodes, you can check out the first 2 of 4 arcs

Personally, id say skip those 2 arcs anyway bc they are just drawn our versions of the 2 movies which you can find free on YouTube
- battle of the gods

- resurrection f

Watch those 2 movies. They are english dubbed. And when you start dragon ball super, you can start on the "uinverse 6" arc. It's okay. The current arc is amazing tho
Thanks. I'll check them out. :D

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
guys, if u havent started dragon ball super dubbed, do it. it gets incredible

the episode this morning, 61, is insane. but dont just watch that episode. its insane because of all the history leading up to it

and ive seen spoilers for 62-65. it seems like its going to continue to be incredible

my room got dusty today. holy shit, what an episode

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015
I watched the first 12 episodes but decided to wait for the proper English dubs.
I really find Japanese voice acting to sound horribly grating and distracting.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
I watched the first 12 episodes but decided to wait for the proper English dubs.
I really find Japanese voice acting to sound horribly grating and distracting.
i missed your response somehow. i think i said it here or on another thread. i actually advise skipping the first 2 arcs. they are just tv version of 2 movies they did, which i think you can find free on youtube, already english dubbed

resurrection f (golden frieze)
battle of the gods

the tournament arc has some cool characters, but nothing special. the current arc is insane tho. ive literall never been as excited for Dragon ball sundays. i read spoilers for episodes 62-65 and my god. they are going to be unreal

Socrates

Oct 30, 2016
Ugh, I'm afraid to read this. I hate timelines because then I start obsessing about time travel theory. Oh well, I'll give this a read!

Spoiler Alert: The grandfather paradox is real

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
tang @Tang are u going to start with the first or 3rd saga?
huh? 1st? 3rd? IDK which is which. I've seen DB, DBZ, DB GT in the past. I started watching the Episode1 of the DragonBall Super, I can't even describe the excitement in me right now I'm going to do DBS marathon!

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
huh? 1st? 3rd? IDK which is which. I've seen DB, DBZ, DB GT in the past. I started watching the Episode1 of the DragonBall Super, I can't even describe the excitement in me right now I'm going to do DBS marathon!
Nice!!! I wont spoil anything. I said 1st or 3rd bc the first two arcs ate basically drawn out tv versions of two movies they did. So I usually recommend watching those two movies and starting with the third arc

Anyway, if I were u, I would try to avoid allllll)l spoilers until u completely catch up. Don't tell people u are watching super. Don't Google questions about the beginning stuff. U don't want to risk spoiling the end stuff

There is a boring arc or two in the middle, but just keep trucking. The final 20-30 episodes released thus far are part of an arc or two which was pretty friggen sick imo

Have fun!!

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Nice!!! I wont spoil anything. I said 1st or 3rd bc the first two arcs ate basically drawn out tv versions of two movies they did. So I usually recommend watching those two movies and starting with the third arc

Anyway, if I were u, I would try to avoid allllll)l spoilers until u completely catch up. Don't tell people u are watching super. Don't Google questions about the beginning stuff. U don't want to risk spoiling the end stuff

There is a boring arc or two in the middle, but just keep trucking. The final 20-30 episodes released thus far are part of an arc or two which was pretty friggen sick imo

Have fun!!
thanks! haha no sleep for me for few days

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
tang @Tang i mustn have forgotten to watch episode 73 last week, so im catching up on 73 and 74 right now

how far did u get? did u bail?

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
yea, I've bailed. I've only gone to Episode 10. My schedule got uber busy all of a sudden.
i hear ya

tv show supposedly started airing january 7th on toonami (english dubbed - not just subbed). is that a tv channel/?

but either way, like i said this earlier in the thread. if u get back to it someday, u might want to just watch the movies for the first 2 sagas. bc the first 2 sagas are just drawn out versions of the movies

you probably find them on youtube. and if not youtube, elsewhere on the internet
- battle of the gods
- resurection F (golden frieza)

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
I've seen this one before. Which one comes first? Resurrection F or this?
battle of the gods
then resurection F
then start watching the show at ep 28

list of sagas below... dont look at it if u dont want spoilers by title. i dont think it ruins anything per se tho., saga 5 is AWESOME

Season Saga Episodes Originally aired
First aired
Last aired
1 God of Destruction Beerus 14 July 5, 2015 October 11, 2015
2 Golden Frieza 13 October 18, 2015 January 17, 2016
3 Universe 6 14 January 24, 2016 May 1, 2016
4 Potaufeu 5 May 8, 2016 June 5, 2016
5 Future Trunks 21 June 12, 2016 November 20, 2016
6 Time Pass arc 9 November 27, 2016 January 29, 2017
7 Universal Survival TBA February 5, 2017 TBA

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
battle of the gods
then resurection F
then start watching the show at ep 28

list of sagas below... dont look at it if u dont want spoilers by title. i dont think it ruins anything per se tho., saga 5 is AWESOME

Season Saga Episodes Originally aired
First aired
Last aired
1 God of Destruction Beerus 14 July 5, 2015 October 11, 2015
2 Golden Frieza 13 October 18, 2015 January 17, 2016
3 Universe 6 14 January 24, 2016 May 1, 2016
4 Potaufeu 5 May 8, 2016 June 5, 2016
5 Future Trunks 21 June 12, 2016 November 20, 2016
6 Time Pass arc 9 November 27, 2016 January 29, 2017
7 Universal Survival TBA February 5, 2017 TBA
Thanks bro! I'll look into all of it. Dragon Ball's been my all time fave anime. I read the entire Dragon Ball and Z series in Korean Comic book. They had the same release date as the new Japanese version. GOAT Anime IMO

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
DBZ was big here too. Inspired by this thread, I took a look into Super.. well, its Dragonball allright. They got a new hair-colour and fight even stronger opponents. But everything else seems the same, down to the characters, which is a bit.. boring. :)

Also I can't believe they are still fighting on planets, they should be strong enough to destroy one with a cough now, no?

I'm not gonna continue with it, but it was a nice callback to childhood anyway.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
DBZ was big here too. Inspired by this thread, I took a look into Super.. well, its Dragonball allright. They got a new hair-colour and fight even stronger opponents. But everything else seems the same, down to the characters, which is a bit.. boring. :)

Also I can't believe they are still fighting on planets, they should be strong enough to destroy one with a cough now, no?

I'm not gonna continue with it, but it was a nice callback to childhood anyway.
It's worth watching to get to the future trunks arc. It's pretty good