Driver accused of trying to avoid traffic ticket with false 911 call, gets arrested

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Salvador Sanchez-BuenrostroMultnomah County Sheriff's Office
A 42-year-old man looking to get out of a possible traffic ticket called 911 to report a fake shooting, but the 911 call was traced back to the driver. He still got the ticket, as well as a trip to jail, Gresham police say.
An officer pulled over Salvador Sanchez-Buenrostro around 12:55 a.m. along Northeast Kane Street near Olvera Court in Gresham for a traffic violation, police said. The officer soon discovered that Sanchez-Buenrostro's license was suspended.

While the officer was away from the Sanchez-Buenrostro's car to write a citation, the driver called 911 and reported a shooting on Southeast 190th Avenue and Stark Street, police said. The driver gave emergency dispatchers a fake name.

After the call was traced to the location of the traffic stop, the officer received the cellphone number the call was made from and determined it belonged to Sanchez-Buenrostro, police said. The driver later admitted to making the false report.

Sanchez-Buenrostro was arrested and booked into the Multnomah County Detention Center on an accusation of improper use of 911. He has since been released from jail.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I read the transcript of this traffic stop. Some details have been confused.

Officer: May I see your driver's license?

Driver: I don't have one. I had it suspended when I got my 5th DUI.

Officer: May I see the owner's card for this vehicle?

Driver: It's not my car. I stole it.

Officer: The car is stolen?

Driver: That's right. But come to think of it, I think I saw the owner's card in the glove box when I was putting my gun in there.

Officer: There's a gun in the glove box?

Driver: Yes sir. That's where I put it after I shot and killed the woman who owns this car and stuffed her in the trunk.

Officer: There's a BODY in the TRUNK?!?!?

Driver: Yes, sir.

Hearing this, the officer immediately called his captain.

The car was quickly surrounded by police, and the captain approached the driver to handle the tense situation:

Captain: Sir, can I see your license?

Driver: Sure. Here it is.

It was valid.

Captain: Who's car is this?

Driver: It's mine, officer. Here's the owner' card.

The driver owned the car.

Captain: Could you slowly open your glove box so I can see if there's a gun in it?

Driver: Yes, sir, but there's no gun in it.

Sure enough, there was nothing in the glove box.

Captain: Would you mind opening your trunk? I was told you said there's a body in it.

Driver: No problem.

Trunk is opened; no body.

Captain: I don't understand it. The officer who stopped you said you told him you didn't have a license, stole the car, had a gun in the glovebox, and that there was a dead body in the trunk.

Driver: Yeah, I'll bet the liar told you I was speeding, too.