General Drywall anchor testing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
So in order not to be biased I haven't watched the video yet. I have used all kinds and my new favorite are the Togglers. With that said I had one this very weekend fall into the wall when putting the screw in. I had none left as explained. I bought a box of 10 3/16's and when I opened the box 3 were pushed down. They sort of work like tie wraps. Once they are pushed down they are useless unless they are in the wall. I called to let them know and they didn't offer shit. This was at the office and the drywall there is some kind of really bad shit so maybe the one that fell in was more of that? I really can't figure that out. I hung a wall TV mount on a wood board in between studs at the house. You could hang off the board with the Togglers attached. I am going to watch the video now and see what his results are.
I started watching the video. i didn't realize Toggler made so many different types. The ones I used are the snap straps. I am just at the part where he is testing them.

Last edited:

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'd never mount a tv with toggle bolts or Easy anchors, unless one side had a couple hefty bolts catching a stud.

They are fine to hang nowadays with how light the TVs are. I still refuse...I ain't taking the responsibility. Back block the wall you cunts...Then hang whatever or who ever you like from there.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
They are fine to hang nowadays with how light the TVs are. I still refuse...I ain't taking the responsibility. Back block the wall you cunts...Then hang whatever or who ever you like from there.
If it was a light tv I guess yeah, but not swivel arms.
All my mounts swivel every direction and get some use; not worth it.
That and my tv's are 55" & up.
Nope.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I go to the hardware store(often) and just stand in front of all the drywall anchors and stare at them. I have bought them all.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I'd never mount a tv with toggle bolts or Easy anchors, unless one side had a couple hefty bolts catching a stud.
I had studs on one side. I had a 16” full motion mount. Assumed studs were 16” because of a remodel. They only went halfway down the wall. It ended up being 24” where I put the mount. TV is a 40” in the bedroom. Those snap toggles are amazing. I did mount a piece of plywood first with snap toggles. TV is mounted to that. I would have no problem if there wasn’t a stud on one side now that I have used them. At some point after that TV takes a shit going to put a 55” OLED there.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Those snap toggles look awesome. I’m going to go to Menard’s today and buy some.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Those snap toggles look awesome. I’m going to go to Menard’s today and buy some.
They come in 3/16” and 1/4”. Check the box first and make sure the square part that slides down is at the far end of the snaps. In other words furthest away from the metal bar. Someone had to intentionally do that to mine. Drywall anchors many times for me have been hit or miss. So far only 1 fail with these and it could be easily fixed inserting another in the same hole.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018

I don’t even have anything to hang right now. I just need some in my arsenal.
Different brand. Looks like a copy of the Togglers. That brand you have is Cobra. From the pic it looks like they are using 1 bigger track instead of 2 smaller 180* tracks. The important part is the attachment point. The Togglers are also rated higher (lbs) so depending on what you are hanging just be mindful of that.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Different brand. Looks like a copy of the Togglers. That brand you have is Cobra. From the pic it looks like they are using 1 bigger track instead of 2 smaller 180* tracks. The important part is the attachment point. The Togglers are also rated higher (lbs) so depending on what you are hanging just be mindful of that.
Fuck. Still have my recipt.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
That link I provided is not what I intended. They do a bunch of shit, but I meant the two part adhesive they have to secure some of thier products. Instead of riveting a rivnut just glue the cunt.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
That link I provided is not what I intended. They do a bunch of shit, but I meant the two part adhesive they have to secure some of thier products. Instead of riveting a rivnut just glue the cunt.
Ahhh OK. I can't think of the name off the top of my head but 3M has an adhesive tape line they are using instead of fasteners. They put prefab homes and some cars together with it. I have a couple rolls I use for odds and ends. They put crappy adhesive tape on metal disks for phone cases to attach them to a car vent magnet. I put this stuff on and it never came off again. I took an expensive BT speaker apart to swap out the semi perm rechargeable batt. I used the tape to hold bits that aren't suppose to come off back together again. The tape and adhesive is very thin so it has a lot of applications. I also did the LED light bar with it that I made a thread about a while ago.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Ahhh OK. I can't think of the name off the top of my head but 3M has an adhesive tape line they are using instead of fasteners. They put prefab homes and some cars together with it. I have a couple rolls I use for odds and ends. They put crappy adhesive tape on metal disks for phone cases to attach them to a car vent magnet. I put this stuff on and it never came off again. I took an expensive BT speaker apart to swap out the semi perm rechargeable batt. I used the tape to hold bits that aren't suppose to come off back together again. The tape and adhesive is very thin so it has a lot of applications. I also did the LED light bar with it that I made a thread about a while ago.
Yea same idea. I know the tape you speak of. This is a two part mix of resin and epoxy that's supposed to last forever. It doesn't but it's usually my fault if it fails.

It would last forever if it wasn't for humans.