Society Dumbest Names for Things in Other Countries/States

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

In England they call French toast "eggy bread"

In the Canadian province of Ontario they call kickball "soccer baseball"

In southern U.S. states (except Florida) they refer to all sodas (carbonated beverages) as simply "coke"

What else?

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015

In southern U.S. states (except Florida) they refer to all sodas (carbonated beverages) as simply "coke"

What else?
Poutine, its fucking gravy.

In rural parts of the midwest they call soda "pop".

Calling soccer football is just absurd

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019

What else?
I'm English, and we've always called it French toast. Never heard of "eggy bread"

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Eggplant is probably the most stupid i can think of off the top off my head.

its an Aubergine.

also getting the days and months the wrong way round is just retarded.

saying aboot is also dumb To keep it even with our canadian cousins

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I realize that I'm about as far North as you can be in the South but that's not a thing here.
its a thing in TX. When I first moved down here, my bro took me out to dinner. Waitress asked me what I wanted to drink, and I said “a coke”. Her response was “ok, what kind?” I was confused lol

Like HEATH VON DOOM @HEATH VON DOOM said, I grew up in the Midwest and people said pop or soda pop. I get weird looks down here if I say those

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
its a thing in TX. When I first moved down here, my bro took me out to dinner. Waitress asked me what I wanted to drink, and I said “a coke”. Her response was “ok, what kind?” I was confused lol

Like HEATH VON DOOM @HEATH VON DOOM said, I grew up in the Midwest and people said pop or soda pop. I get weird looks down here if I say those
So if you were to tell a bartender that you want a Jack and Coke there's a chance that you would get Jack and root beer or sprite or something crazy?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
i had a friend in college who’s favorite drink was Mountain Dew and southern comfort

Fucking disgusting
The only thing I've ever seen someone mix with SoCo was Dr. Pepper and I couldn't bring myself to even try it.

Dew or SunDrop is generally reserved for cheap whiskey out here.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
The only thing I've ever seen someone mix with SoCo was Dr. Pepper and I couldn't bring myself to even try it.

its mostly because I have never liked SoCo at all. And I also don’t really care for Mountain Dew. It’s just one of those combos that sound nasty to me. With the reddish color of the SoCo and the yellow Mountain Dew, it also looked gross.

In college we used to drink Captain and Coke or Dr.Pepper, but mixed drinks like that are just too sugary for me now.

I’ll just take my liquor neat ;)

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

SoCo mixes well with Yayo.

M

member 3289

In eastern Wisconsin and eastern Massachusetts/ Connecticut they call water fountains (the kind you drink from) "bubblers"

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
So if you were to tell a bartender that you want a Jack and Coke there's a chance that you would get Jack and root beer or sprite or something crazy?
it's more like when your friend goes in the gas station you'll say "grab me a Coke" and they'll say "Dr. Pepper?" and you'll say "nah, grab me a Dew"