Society Dumbest Names for Things in Other Countries/States

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambla

Posting Machine
Nov 17, 2015
Dragon is called a "salmon snake" here in Finland. That is what also call my pecker - it spitt's fire and smell's like a fish. Sorry guys, lol.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It became trendy around here a few years back to have "Pountineries" Of course these places had menus that consisted of "Smoked meat poutine", "Shwarma Poutine", etc. The problem was anytime you ordered a "classic" You found out very quickly they couldn't make a decent poutine and were leaning on their gimmicky toppings.

Reminds me of many breweries serving tons of flavored beer and long IPA.
All I want is a classic American lager or lighter ale on hot Texas day. You then get one and realize their normal beer tastes bad and they add all the fruit to hide it.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Reminds me of many breweries serving tons of flavored beer and long IPA.
All I want is a classic American lager or lighter ale on hot Texas day. You then get one and realize their normal beer tastes bad and they add all the fruit to hide it.
You get it, my man.

M

member 3289

In western Pennsylvania people call a vacuum cleaner a "sweeper".

In England the verb for "vacuum" is "hoover", so they'll say "I need to hoover the carpet."

Both equally retarded.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
A better argument would be asking me the word I use for a plastic adhesive bandage and then telling me I can't nitpick when it comes to using brands as generic terms.
I'm not arguing. Just asking questions.

Besides, you know damn well you'd say you call them "adhesive bandages" you cheeky bastard.