Society Dumbest Names for Things in Other Countries/States

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yes, sir.
OK here's a pro tip on using that robot slave to your advantage. What we did when we first brought our little boy home was run the robot slave in the same room we'd feed him and he would sleep in. It SUCKED for the first day or so you're already both going to be exhausted, BUT soon he will sleep though anything, and it's awesome. We also did the same with war scenes in movies and metal, it's the best. He's been sleeping through the night consistently since about 2 months old and in his own room since about the same time.

Good luck, you are your wife will do great.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
OK here's a pro tip on using that robot slave to your advantage. What we did when we first brought our little boy home was run the robot slave in the same room we'd feed him and he would sleep in. It SUCKED for the first day or so you're already both going to be exhausted, BUT soon he will sleep though anything, and it's awesome. We also did the same with war scenes in movies and metal, it's the best. He's been sleeping through the night consistently since about 2 months old and in his own room since about the same time.

Good luck, you are your wife will do great.
Funny you say that, my wife and I were discussing that a few days ago. Someone offered us some blackout curtains, I was all "Nah, I'm cool bro." I want this kid to be able to sleep whether its dark or not

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Funny you say that, my wife and I were discussing that a few days ago. Someone offered us some blackout curtains, I was all "Nah, I'm cool bro." I want this kid to be able to sleep whether its dark or not
Smart move man, smart move. Our fire alarms went off 3 times one night while baking bread because someone, me, didn't clean the oven after making a pizza baked as fuck the night before. He didn't wake up once.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Reminds me of many breweries serving tons of flavored beer and long IPA.
All I want is a classic American lager or lighter ale on hot Texas day. You then get one and realize their normal beer tastes bad and they add all the fruit to hide it.
What flavor do you keep on tap on the yacht? I'm guessing lonestar and natty light.

M

member 3289

English people say abattoir.

Just say slaughterhouse you fake French pussies.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I own a Hoover and a Dyson.

Yes people here use Hoover as a verb. It annoys me and I would correct my wife but she uses an actual Hoover, so I can't. It's a cordless one and I thought it would be shit but it's really good and I'd buy another.

Dyson's company is just up the road from me. The guy is a cunt and I wish bad things on him. I wouldn't have bought one of his products but it was donated to my gym. In fairness, it does a decent job.

French Toast isn't really a thing here. Eggy bread does sound like something these fucking lumpens would say. I have heard wannabe Travellers call it Gypsy Toast.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
We call our smartphone "handy", like from handheld.
Apart from that we use a lot of French words too.
Like Portemonnaie for wallet, or Dekolleté for cleavage. Not sure if the French even use those.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I own a Hoover and a Dyson.

Yes people here use Hoover as a verb. It annoys me and I would correct my wife but she uses an actual Hoover, so I can't. It's a cordless one and I thought it would be shit but it's really good and I'd buy another.

Dyson's company is just up the road from me. The guy is a cunt and I wish bad things on him. I wouldn't have bought one of his products but it was donated to my gym. In fairness, it does a decent job.

French Toast isn't really a thing here. Eggy bread does sound like something these fucking lumpens would say. I have heard wannabe Travellers call it Gypsy Toast.
Whats the details on the dyson guy being a cunt? My ex loved the dyson so this all makes sense.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Whats the details on the dyson guy being a cunt? My ex loved the dyson so this all makes sense.
He has flip flopped on the EU purely to serve his own interests. For example, the strength of the pound was affecting his profits on exports to France and Germany, so he claimed that failure to join the euro would lead to the destruction of the British manufacturing base and signed a letter to the Financial Times advocating to join the euro. He threatened to move his company out of the UK and to Malaysia if we didn't join the euro.

Then he switched sides and said we should leave the EU. The reason is that EU legislation means he has to be stricter with his energy labels for his products. But he stated that we should leave the single market and not even have a temporary interim deal. He said, "uncertainty is opportunity." This would be economic suicide for the UK, as HALF our overseas trade is with the EU. It is unilaterally accepted on both sides of the Brexit vote that not having a deal with the EU would be economically disastrous for us. But Mr Dyson doesn't give a shit as long as his vacuum cleaners don't have to be subject to legislation.

So once Brexit wins the vote, what does he do? Takes his company to Singapore. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
He has flip flopped on the EU purely to serve his own interests. For example, the strength of the pound was affecting his profits on exports to France and Germany, so he claimed that failure to join the euro would lead to the destruction of the British manufacturing base and signed a letter to the Financial Times advocating to join the euro. He threatened to move his company out of the UK and to Malaysia if we didn't join the euro.

Then he switched sides and said we should leave the EU. The reason is that EU legislation means he has to be stricter with his energy labels for his products. But he stated that we should leave the single market and not even have a temporary interim deal. He said, "uncertainty is opportunity." This would be economic suicide for the UK, as HALF our overseas trade is with the EU. It is unilaterally accepted on both sides of the Brexit vote that not having a deal with the EU would be economically disastrous for us. But Mr Dyson doesn't give a shit as long as his vacuum cleaners don't have to be subject to legislation.

So once Brexit wins the vote, what does he do? Takes his company to Singapore. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
Jesus, I didn't even realize it was a UK company.
His vacuums can't be killed though.

Things I vacuumed with it:
Water filled live well in boat
AC drain pipes that were clogged
Aluminum chips from making freedom aka unserialized ar15's
ash
wet ash
dry cement

I'll try to think of more. And these weren't one time things, I did these things A LOT

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Jesus, I didn't even realize it was a UK company.
His vacuums can't be killed though.

Things I vacuumed with it:
Water filled live well in boat
AC drain pipes that were clogged
Aluminum chips from making freedom aka unserialized ar15's
ash
wet ash
dry cement

I'll try to think of more. And these weren't one time things, I did these things A LOT
I tried to use one to clean my car, and the battery died like 5 minutes in.
Went back to cable.