General During a public moment of silence do you really think about the person ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
i dont.

im thinking. ok , how long is this going to last. it seems like a long time. i wonder what that girl over there sounds like during sex, etc..

unless, i directly knew the person.

i then think, i hope the family is ok for a second. then i think how long is this going to last. it seems like a long time. i wonder what that girl over there sounds like during sex, etc.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I can’t say what I’m thinking about but it’s never about why we’re being silent. Usually, I am watching the other people.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I usually honor the person no matter who it is. it isn't some big burden to be respectful and focused for maybe 10 seconds

M

member 3289

Texas ain’t part of the Deep South. East Texas, maybe. But everywhere else is part of the southwest.

Right, Splinty @Splinty ?
It only shows far east Texas, but yeah even that is controversial.

I've always considered the 5 states from Louisiana to SC as the deep south, with northern Florida possibly being included.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
It only shows far east Texas, but yeah even that is controversial.

I've always considered the 5 states from Louisiana to SC as the deep south, with northern Florida possibly being included.
Aye.

From Wikipedia:

Usage[edit]

The term Deep South is defined in a variety of ways:

• Most definitions include the states Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Mississippi, and Louisiana.[3]
  • Texas and Florida are sometimes included,[4] due to being peripheral states, having coastlines with the Gulf of Mexico, their history of slavery and being part of the historical Confederate States of America. The eastern part of Texas is the westernmost extension of the Deep South, while North Florida is also a part of the Deep South region, typically the area north of Ocala.[3]
  • Arkansas is sometimes included[4][5] or considered to be "in the peripheral" or Rim South rather than the Deep South."[6]
  • The seven states that seceded from the United States before the firing on Fort Sumter and the start of the American Civil War, who originally formed the Confederate States of America. In order of secession, they are South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, and Texas. The first six states to secede were those that held the largest number of slaves. Ultimately the Confederacy included eleven states.
  • A large part of the original "Cotton Belt". This was considered to extend from eastern North Carolina to South Carolina, through the Gulf States as far west as East Texas, and including parts of western Tennessee and eastern Arkansas in the Mississippi embayment.[7] Some of this is coterminous with the Black Belt, a term used for much of the Cotton Belt, which had a high percentage of African-American slave labor.
  • Studies of the Civil Rights Movement often highlight the region.[citation needed] In 2012, political scientist Seth McKee concluded that in the 1964 presidential election, "Once again, the high level of support for Goldwater in the Deep South, and especially their Black Belt counties, spoke to the enduring significance of white resistance to black progress."[8]

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Texas ain’t part of the Deep South. East Texas, maybe. But everywhere else is part of the southwest.

Right, Splinty @Splinty ?
Only deep East Texas is part of the deep South. The rest of the state is a solid unique blend of South and Midwest.

Somewhere around Tyler draw a line straight vertical and east of there is solidly deep south. But even that's starting to change in areas around an hour outside of Tyler since it's having so much growth and with it bringing new people and thoughts.