Dustin Poirier is a Hall of Fame Fighter

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i dont know hall of fame gets thrown around rather loosely but then again stephan bonnar is in the hall of fame and dustin is 10x the fighter he ever was

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
I dont think any non champions should be in the hall of fame, and I dont think every champion should be either, only the best of the best

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I dont think any non champions should be in the hall of fame, and I dont think every champion should be either, only the best of the best
I agree it should be best of the best, I disagree that non champs based solely on that. We've seen top of the food chain fighters not granted title shots more times than we can count. Because the powers that be decide not to give someon their shot until they're past their prime doesn't mean they aren't top tier.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I agree it should be best of the best, I disagree that non champs based solely on that. We've seen top of the food chain fighters not granted title shots more times than we can count. Because the powers that be decide not to give someon their shot until they're past their prime doesn't mean they aren't top tier.
Do you think G sots and Jim miller should be in the hall of fame?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
No, although as a big Jim Miller fan I really want to try to rationalize giving him the nod.
Maybe by the time he hangs it up he'll be like the Jim Thome of MMA. I can't think of any single season of his but he was always just damn solid. Couple that with longevity and he was a lock to get into the hall. Miller constantly being around the top 10 for 20 years (because it seems like he's always been in the UFC) may be enough when he hangs it up.

Plus I don't think he's the type of guy that's ever been a thorn in the side so he'll have politics on his side.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Maybe by the time he hangs it up he'll be like the Jim Thome of MMA. I can't think of any single season of his but he was always just damn solid. Couple that with longevity and he was a lock to get into the hall. Miller constantly being around the top 10 for 20 years (because it seems like he's always been in the UFC) may be enough when he hangs it up.

Plus I don't think he's the type of guy that's ever been a thorn in the side so he'll have politics on his side.
I absolutely love that you just made a Jim Thome reference. Tremendous.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Not sure he’s a hall of fame fighter yet, but if there’s a hall of fame for good character dudes he’s in for sure.