Dwayne Bowe attends fans funeral

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

easedel

Jan 18, 2015
This is pretty damn classy.

Dwayne Bowe returns to Kansas City for funeral of 86-year-old Chiefs fan

Former Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe returned to Kansas City this week for a funeral for one of the team's biggest fans.

Bowe, who was released by the Chiefs last month and later signed with theCleveland Browns, had a habit of kissing the woman, Betty Johnson of Independence, Missouri, at every game at Arrowhead Stadium, according to a report on the website of Kansas City TV station KCTV. She died April 16 at age 86.

Bowe spoke at the memorial service and sent a flower wreath. "You might have thought [you] were the Chiefs' No. 1 fan, but in so many ways, we were yours,'' Bowe wrote on the wreath. "Thanks for making Arrowhead feel like home to me. I will continue to play my heart out for you. Kisses to you my special angel."

Johnson's daughter appreciated Bowe's presence. "He flew in for my mother's funeral to give her the last kiss," Susan Johnson said, according to KCTV. "Her celebration was just what she wanted. I wished I could have seen her in heaven today. I know she was there in spirit. It was a special ending to very special person."

Betty Johnson had been a Chiefs season-ticket holder since 1986.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Ya, I saw this in the news yesterday. Made a fan out of me despite doing fuckall for me in my fantasy football pool last season. Class act, for sure!

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I'm a Denver Bronco's fan, but I approve of this gesture. Still, Fuck the Chiefs, but this was nice.