Edgar/Korean Zombie & Platinum/Cowboy added to Fighr Night 139

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018

A pair of thrilling bouts are headed to where it all started for the UFC’s 25th anniversary event.

A pivotal featherweight fight between Frankie Edgar and Chan Sung Jung is set to headline UFC Fight Night 139 in Denver later this year, Also booked for the card is a welterweight clash between Donald Cerrone and Mike Perry

Frankie Edgar vs. ‘Korean Zombie’ headlines UFC Denver, Cerrone vs. Perry also booked

Calendar is officially cleared for Nov 10th. Can’t imagine two more exciting fights between fan favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Winning news!!!

But I don’t want to see cowboy get knocked out... wait, doesn’t Perry train at Jackson’s now??

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
Winning news!!!

But I don’t want to see cowboy get knocked out... wait, doesn’t Perry train at Jackson’s now??
Yes he does. That didn’t stop Donald from offering to step up and face Perry at 226 despite his girlfriend being ready to give birth to his son. He was on medical suspension though. These guys prove you don’t have to hate someone to throw down and see who the better man is on a given night. Love it!

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Yes he does. That didn’t stop Donald from offering to step up and face Perry at 226 despite his girlfriend being ready to give birth to his son. He was on medical suspension though. These guys prove you don’t have to hate someone to throw down and see who the better man is on a given night. Love it!
Donald has said many times he'd fight anyone, including teammates. It's an interesting perspective for sure, but he sees it as a sport and thinks that they beat up on eachother in the gym for free, so why not get paid? It's just competing in a sport to him, not an "I'll kick you're ass if we fight" mentality.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
That’s a rough fight for TKZ.

If Perry Follows the “don’t let Cerrone be your friend” game plan he could very well win, but, if Donald gets comfortable and finds his range it will be a bad night for Platinum.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
That’s a rough fight for TKZ.
might be true.

cuz I never seen him defend wrestling in fight too much although TKZ has judo and sambo experience.

Bermudez was a descent wrestler but he got put out and He fended off Poirer well but not as high caliber wrestler.

interesting to see how he deals with Edgar's footwork and wrestling

both going down hill at this point in both of their careers

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
Frankie by being relentless. Donald by better technique.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I hope perry tees off on cerrone.....how is this being dealt with?

Perry is fighting under Jackson and Sonia Cerrone, right?

Is this going to be like the Browne vs overeem fight where they split the camp?

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Don’t like the TKZ Edgar fight, bad matchup for TKZ. There are a lot more interesting fights out there for him, than getting taken down and schooled on the ground.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
cowboy ends up folded on the ground.he aint the fighter that he used to be

distant1

Feb 13, 2017
bad matchup for cerrone who still can start slow, isn't big enough hitter to get perrys respect and is the lesser athlete and less durable fighter