General Edit - I just needed a reason to type los angles n*ggers lol

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Wild @Wild this was one of the issues & why you were tagged in the Kobe thread.

So, for those that think this was a freudian slip, there are some things you have to consider, eg.: IS she racist? What are her co-workers saying? What's she saying? Where's she from? History? What are people of color who knew her saying about her etc.?

But the most important part is psych 101.
What was her reaction?
The answer, is nothing.
Her neurons didn't even go there. They didn't even fire fast enough to reflect she realized what she said, or what it sounded like; only what she didn't say, the correct word. Then she corrected it.
She didn't say "nickers, I'm sorry, I'm terribly embarrassed, los angeles lakers".
She just cruised to the right phrase.
I'd wager she still didn't know what she did, or sounded like, until social media lost their marbles.

This is why I"m unhappy when candidates say "I trust the American people to make the right decision"

No you don't, you're trying to stroke the ego of a largely stupid populace(especially compared to others) who continually display the inability to critically think.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
this.

I feel really bad for the woman to be truthful. just a slip of the tongue imo
devastating results
After it, I heard several slips the rest of the day across all media that didn't sound like that.
This always happens during giant incidents where newspeople have to react live to the world. They're finally showing their stuff, off-script, for large periods of time, competing with other orgs, and their own job.

Jan 21, 2015
After it, I heard several slips the rest of the day across all media that didn't sound like that.
This always happens during giant incidents where newspeople have to react live to the world. They're finally showing their stuff, off-script, for large periods of time, competing with other orgs, and their own job.
You don't hear her confusing up KNicks and lAKERS?

She even stumbles mid-word

I agree with you about TV people slipping up and showing true colors but I think this was just a matter of getting tongue tied.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

I agree with you about TV people slipping up and showing true colors but I think this was just a matter of getting tongue tied.
Yes, I do agree with you.
Read the post above yours.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016

I don't think she's racist but I do think she said the N word by mistake, not some weird combination of knicks and lakers :p

entirely possible she was told to say she accidentally said "nakers" because she'd be mocked less than if it was "knickers"

Jan 21, 2015
I don't think she's racist but I do think she said the N word by mistake, not some weird combination of knicks and lakers :p

entirely possible she was told to say she accidentally said "nakers" because she'd be mocked less than if it was "knickers"
now I wanna see a basketball team called the Knickers, lol

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
is there a list of words i cant use here?
no personal attacks(at least that is supposed to be part of the guidelines)
can get frozen/pink for some racism stuff...not sure where that line is

U will probably get a warning first if you get out of hand

I don't think you will get in much trouble...maybe some arguments but not trouble

I like your UFO stuff.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
is there a list of words i cant use here?
Generally, don't be a dick. Don't be racist or homophobic, keep personal attacks and fighter bashing to a minimum. If you disagree with people and express that respectfully, no issue, fill your boots.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Yeah OP, you clearly don't belong here.

Why don't you take your whining ass back to KKK.tv where you can freely post your "edgy" racist threads?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

Why don't you take your whining ass back to KKK.tv where you can freely post your "edgy" racist threads?
I see someone is unpinked and failed to discover rational thought during the punishment period.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015

I don't think he's being racist. I mean, he might be but I don't think so. It seems to me that he's making fun of the presenter for her racist slip.