Edmond Tarverdyan hit w/ 3 month, $5k fine

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Edmond Tarverdyan will be back in his fighters' corners before long.

The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) suspended the well-known coach for three months and fined him $5,000 for falsifying his application with regards to a past arrest at a hearing Tuesday. Tarverdyan will also be on probation for three years.

Tarverdyan, known for coaching UFC star Ronda Rousey, was arrested in 2010 on two felony counts of identity theft and one count of resisting arrest. The coach, who trains fighters out of Glendale Fighting Club in Los Angeles County, put down a "no" on his corner's license application in April 2, 2015 regarding whether he had any criminal offenses. His license was revoked for the violation two weeks ago for the offense.

Half the CSAC fine is for violating the rule for falsifying an application and the other half is for discrediting boxing and/or mixed martial arts. Tarverdyan, 34, will not be able to corner any fighter in any Association of Boxing Commissions (ABC) jurisdiction for the next three months.

In 2011, Tarverdyan's identity theft charges were bumped down to a misdemeanor and he pleaded no contest to all three counts. Tarverdyan was sentenced to one day in jail (with one day of credit), three years probation and 30 days of community service. The probation was given an early termination in 2013.

LINK: CSAC suspends Edmond Tarverdyan three months, fines him $5K for falsifying application

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Worked out that there was no suspension prior to the Browne fight. Does he have any fighters that would have fought in that time or is this like when they suspend a starting pitcher in baseball for 3 games even though he won't play for another 5 anyway?

P

Punch

Worked out that there was no suspension prior to the Browne fight. Does he have any fighters that would have fought in that time or is this like when they suspend a starting pitcher in baseball for 3 games even though he won't play for another 5 anyway?
Interesting. Kinda like A. Silva's suspension.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Interesting point. He just reminds me of a dude that steals shit out of public laundry mat dryers.

aghof

an person
Apr 15, 2015
the CSAC is positively heartless fining a man with no income. How dare they?

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
Identity theft. Shady ass motherfucker.
He has been impersonating a boxing coach for a while too. It'd sound more serious if the standard for" boxing coach" isn't yelling basic boxercise instructions over shitty music.

Ghost Bro

Nov 13, 2015
Dana vs Edmond in a 3 round boxing match. Who wins?
Well I tell you what Wild, it's gonna be a barnburner for sure,Dana has that singleness of purpose which is talking about fights on TV, in fact both of these fellas will be in their physical prime, peak boxercise shape. Dana is far the most experienced, however, Edmond brings in the new era of boxing aerobics. I think the fight will be decided on elusiveness..who can avoid getting hit the most, which of these two scumbags is the slimiest. It's a pick'em fight, this is what we've been waiting for.

P

Punch

Well I tell you what Wild, it's gonna be a barnburner for sure,Dana has that singleness of purpose which is talking about fights on TV, in fact both of these fellas will be in their physical prime, peak boxercise shape. Dana is far the most experienced, however, Edmond brings in the new era of boxing aerobics. I think the fight will be decided on elusiveness..who can avoid getting hit the most, which of these two scumbags is the slimiest. It's a pick'em fight, this is what we've been waiting for.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think Edmond would crack the fucking eggs head open and scramble his shit right there on the canvas. He might suck as a coach. He might be overrated as fuck as a fighter. But he's still skilled enough to put The Bald Blackjack in Intensive Care for a month.

P

Punch

I think Edmond would crack the fucking eggs head open and scramble his shit right there on the canvas. He might suck as a coach. He might be overrated as fuck as a fighter. But he's still skilled enough to put The Bald Blackjack in Intensive Care for a month.
I think Eddie might take it too.

Ghost Bro

Nov 13, 2015
I like this scenario, but Dana don't play by the code.