Election protests in 7 cities right now

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Most of the states where there are protests went to Hillary this election. In Portland, they are walking down the streets and highways blocking traffic while yelling fuck Trump to other people who also voted for Hillary and are trying to get home to see their kids. Makes a lot of sense...

It would be one thing if they had proof there was voter fraud or something, but they don't. They're just whining.

Last edited:

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I could make a pretty compelling argument that protesting against democracy isn't protesting, but rather treason.
No you couldn't. The right to assemble, over any and everything is in the 1st amendment of the Constitution. Treason is levying war against the United States or giving aid and comfort to its enemies as defined in Article 3. The latter word is so woefully misunderstood and bandied about over everything from corruption allegations to doing something disagreeable. The right to peacefully protest just to say F anything is one of the greatest things about this country.

So there is no case to be made equating the two.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
The right to peacefully protest just to say F anything is one of the greatest things about this country.
I don't disagree. It's part of what makes America great. Everyone has a voice - use it.

What I'm not a fan of is taking these protest marches to the streets. Disrupting traffic isn't peaceful - it's deliberately confrontational and dangerous.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
No you couldn't. The right to assemble, over any and everything is in the 1st amendment of the Constitution. Treason is levying war against the United States or giving aid and comfort to its enemies as defined in Article 3. The latter word is so woefully misunderstood and bandied about over everything from corruption allegations to doing something disagreeable. The right to peacefully protest just to say F anything is one of the greatest things about this country.

So there is no case to be made equating the two.
So none of those assembling were advocating or participating in violent acts in the name of over throwing the president elect?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
CNN is fucking shameful with their race baiting bullshit, trying to brainwash people and divide this country.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I'd have to research that, but i highly doubt it's considered domestic terrorism either.
"Under current United States law, set forth in the USA PATRIOT Act, acts of domestic terrorism are those which: "(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State; (B) appear to be intended – (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States."

P

Punch

"Under current United States law, set forth in the USA PATRIOT Act, acts of domestic terrorism are those which: "(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State; (B) appear to be intended – (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States."
Understood. Well, good luck arresting a large chunk of the country.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Yeah, i'm outtie 5000 too, and i live here.
I don't live there, but I'm appalled by the actions of both the "losing side" and the international community as a whole in their reaction to the pinnacle of democracy exercising their right to vote.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
All Trump and red where I live. All things are peaceful.