Elias Theodorou released from UFC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

The cuts keep coming from the UFC.

Following a report from Combate, the UFC has since confirmed with MMAjunkie that Elias Theodorou, former title challenger Wilson Reis, Marcelo Golm, and Eric Shelton are no longer on the roster. Theodorou, Shelton, and Reis were and ranked at the time, and the departures of Reis and Shelton mean that there are literally only 13 men’s flyweights on the UFC roster right now.

Theodorou (16-3) is no doubt the biggest name of the four released fighters. The TUF Nations winner won eight of his eleven appearances under the UFC banner. His last outing was a rather dreadful and hard-to-watch decision defeat to Derek Brunson in this month’s UFC Ottawa co-main event. The loss snapped a…

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/5/...-among-several-fighters-released-ufc-mma-news

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Fine with me
That last fight was a joke

I haven't seen much of him but I have seen enough, the guy isn't trying to finish fights

Point fighting MMA is not my thing

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i usually try to cheer for fellow canadians but i never could stand elias as a fighter.he will go on to better things from here though. this might be the best thing that ever happened to him.it is the closing of one door and an opening of many others for him.im just happy i wont have to see him on every canadian card from here on out

madmav

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2016
im sure he'll be fine with his career as a hair shampoo model..

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Could be read two ways. Dana and co. may just not like him because he's boring.

But it could be part of the coming roster pay polarization as they look to cut costs.

Theodorou was a very low-paid fighter considering his tenure but still earned 4x the starting salary. They've probably looked at all of the guys on these types of salaries and figured they can just replace them with regional fighters.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
CBC will probably give him his own show now. if he can speak french he has a golden ticket

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
most bunk fighter to watch since Himself..I'd rather wipe my ass with poison ivy than watch him fight... and to see him critique other fighters on social media is comical.. He might be first ufc fighter cut that won't get picked up.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
When he fought all I seen ws Paul Mitchell and Pirouettes..I tuned in to watch a scrap not Track Ballet .

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
iirc he pulled a caleb starnes last fight he deserves to go to the minor leagues.