Endeavor/UFC to go public

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Endeavor/WME was last valued at $6.3b in 2017
It has gone up since then

Interesting to see where it lands publicly traded

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

An IPO could allow some of Endeavor’s backers, which include private equity group Silver Lake and Japanese technology group SoftBank, to cash out of the group.
The company was valued at $6.3bn in 2017 following a $1bn investment from the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund. SoftBank invested $250m in 2016, while Silver Lake took its initial stake in 2012, paying $200m for just over a 30 per cent stake.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Endeavor/WME was last valued at $6.3b in 2017
It has gone up since then

Interesting to see where it lands publicly traded

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

An IPO could allow some of Endeavor’s backers, which include private equity group Silver Lake and Japanese technology group SoftBank, to cash out of the group.
The company was valued at $6.3bn in 2017 following a $1bn investment from the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund. SoftBank invested $250m in 2016, while Silver Lake took its initial stake in 2012, paying $200m for just over a 30 per cent stake.
Glad to see you posting. Hope you're feeling better.

What do you think about investing in this when it comes out?

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Glad to see you posting. Hope you're feeling better.

What do you think about investing in this when it comes out?
Thank you buddy
A week of up & downs

Regarding investing in Endeavor stock

I am not a stock guy.

People might dislike how they do MMA things & there are several valid reasons, but they now how to make money

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
This will be interesting.
Now they will be beholden to a board of directors.... who have their best interests at heart i.e. Their investment portfolios. Not the fighters, not the sport. Could be significant, good or bad.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
This will be interesting.
Now they will be beholden to a board of directors.... who have their best interests at heart i.e. Their investment portfolios. Not the fighters, not the sport. Could be significant, good or bad.
Remember its about Endeavor not UFC
So I don't expect much to change as far as UFC and how its run
They were always about profit first as I said hundreds of times since the sale.
It should be just more of the same

Only thing that might be affected is they have Dana in charge & he has said some stuff in the past that is not what a public company wants.
It would be a bigger issue if UFC were public instead of Endeavor, but it could swell up if bad enough

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Well so much for fighters campaigning for a stake. Once it goes public, stock options will become the new "locker room bonuses." If you were going to write a script for MMA fighters to be the most exploited workers in all of sports, this would be the climax. Going public means all sorts of "restructuring" can be done in the name of appeasing shareholders. And dangling stock options can be used to drive deeper wedges between the already fragmented fighter community. Conor or Colby will probably buy 5 shares and start demanding their opponents call them Boss.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Well so much for fighters campaigning for a stake. Once it goes public, stock options will become the new "locker room bonuses." If you were going to write a script for MMA fighters to be the most exploited workers in all of sports, this would be the climax. Going public means all sorts of "restructuring" can be done in the name of appeasing shareholders. And dangling stock options can be used to drive deeper wedges between the already fragmented fighter community. Conor or Colby will probably buy 5 shares and start demanding their opponents call them Boss.
Hey man
Maybe if UFC was public, but ...
UFC fighter pay has nothing to do with shares of Endeavor.
Endeavor shares are a lot more than just UFC
Also Endeavor is not even full owner of UFC

But in honesty if UFC were the company to go public, it should be good for fighters, because everything will be out in the open regarding pay, etc.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Hey man
Maybe if UFC was public, but ...
UFC fighter pay has nothing to do with shares of Endeavor.
Endeavor shares are a lot more than just UFC
Also Endeavor is not even full owner of UFC

But in honesty if UFC were the company to go public, it should be good for fighters, because everything will be out in the open regarding pay, etc.
I understand the distinction, but it's not uncommon for parent companies to package stock options into compensation plans to shut up employees of their subsidiaries. Time Warner has done it with a variety of subsidiaries and Disney only recently did it with Marvel. What I'm saying is this move makes the fighters even less significant in the overall picture of their employer's ownership.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I understand the distinction, but it's not uncommon for parent companies to package stock options into compensation plans to shut up employees of their subsidiaries. Time Warner has done it with a variety of subsidiaries and Disney only recently did it with Marvel. What I'm saying is this move makes the fighters even less significant in the overall picture of their employer's ownership.
I don't see it changing if it is the way it is now They don't even own the UFC in full & showed zero interest in blending anything UFC into WME.

As a matter of fact, I think a big mistake in WME's handling of UFC was they did not use their power to get UFC fiighters on TV shows, films, talk shows, Stern, etc.

It is like UFC is the bastard child of WME, that makes them a lot of money but no respect.

They don't even talk to Conor.
Before the Khabib fight he said he talked to Ari once briefly at MSG

Its like they pay DW a shitload to deal with the lunatic fighters so they don't have to.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Marketing strategy
following RAW to get TUF a foothold
WWE Network/Fightpass
Shattering Union/Associations
going public
Gotcha but UFC are not going public & Fight Pass was before WWE's the Network & FP & the Network are very different properties
UFC is marketed very different than WWE as well

The real one you can say is how UFC looked at WWE paying a ridiculously low low % of revenue to their contracted performers and figured if WWE can get away with 5-8% then UFC can with 13-17%

I thought you might say Dana being an evil McMahon type character lol

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Gotcha but UFC are not going public & Fight Pass was before WWE's the Network & FP & the Network are very different properties
UFC is marketed very different than WWE as well

The real one you can say is how UFC looked at WWE paying a ridiculously low low % of revenue to their contracted performers and figured if WWE can get away with 5-8% then UFC can with 13-17%

I thought you might say Dana being an evil McMahon type character lol
Endeavor is going public. They just started the steps for it.

the UFC has used the prowrestling marketing since 05 and has only stepped the game up with Chael and Conor taking it to another level. Dana as the Mcmahon character and truly the only star that embodies the brand was apart of the marketing. They started the Dana character at TUF1.

Fight pass was quickly thrown together to get the drop on the WWENetwork and try to steal some subs etc.. They literally mentioned it and dropped the subpar product in december while a lot of their IP added later. The talk of the WWE network was going on for years, while they tried to get a cable channel etc... but once the rumor of a streaming service hit thats exactly when Fightpass was announced. They caught wind of what the WWE was doing and jumped to be first, it's apparent to anyone who can look back.

The Prowrestling union was busted up because Hogan sided with Vince, we're seeing it now in the MMA world with Endeavor and prior to them, lorenzo/Zuffa gaining the higher profile athletes to their side with better pay/ppv cuts etc.. It's crazy how close mma/prowrestling are to each other.

Lorenzo and his brother were extremely good at taking people's ideas and making them seem like their own. They are the WCW of MMA, the inferior product won and absorbed the superior one. Its a something that makes me sad.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Yes I know Endeavor is going public.
I posted the thread Ryann Von Doom @Ryann Von Doom and posted about it happening for years.
That is different than UFC going oublic.
If you think Endeavor went public bc WWE did you are not versed on this.

The businesses are vastly different

Ari is not influenced by WWE lol