ESPN: Woodley threatens to leak unfavorable information if White doesn't apologize

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016

UFC president Dana White wasn't happy with what he saw from Tyron Woodley on Saturday night, and apparently the feeling is mutual.

During an appearance on The MMA Hour on Monday afternoon, Woodley, who retained the welterweight title via a unanimous decision win over Demian Maia at UFC 214, demanded "a public apology" from his boss for comments made following the fight.

"If you're going to publicly scrutinize me -- Dana White, he needs to apologize to me," Woodley said. "I've done nothing but good stuff for the sport. I've done nothing but be a good [role] model for the organization. I fight with f---ing integrity. I covered your sport from the FOX desk a week before my fight. I always uphold my responsibilities with the organization.

"The word behind business is 'man.' You need to be a man, and owe me a public apology. And if I don't get that, I'm going to start leaking some s--- that people don't want to be out in the wind. I'm not kidding about that."

Woodley demands public apology from White

BJJMMA

Jun 7, 2016
Everyone knew the Woodley Maia fight was likely to be a snoozer. Let's be real, Woodley isn't a draw and the constant complaining isn't helping.

BJJMMA

Jun 7, 2016
What can they do to Tyrone?
Nuffink
They can stick him on FS1 and Fox cards or demote him to a lifetime co-main event guy. I'm not sure that he hasn't already been co-main event for life anyway.

BJJMMA

Jun 7, 2016
Am I the only one who found that fight entertaining?
Guess it depends on what you mean by entertaining. I didn't hate it but I won't watch it again either. It was a competitive fight but nothing memorable. Especially when sandwiched between Lawler/Cerrone and Jones/Cormier which were both high action slugfests.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
I was pm the edge of my seat. I wanted Maia to get it to the mat. But, Woodley isn't a slouch and stuffed everything. Maia was pretty busted up, as well as showing improved striking when he used it. Good fight IMO. Am I hunting it down to watch again, no. But it was fun while it lasted. Plus I was still riding the wave of awesome of Robbie/Cerrone.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Dana is the undisputed champion of throwing his fighters under the bus. But gives zero fucks because the casual fans get to say "OHH BUUURN" and they wouldn't buy a Tyron main event PPV anyway. His bottom line might even improve from his negative comments

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I do like how he talked about bispings knee mysteriously needing surgery....thanks Tyrone, everyone thinks I just make stories up

Last edited:

BJJMMA

Jun 7, 2016
I was pm the edge of my seat. I wanted Maia to get it to the mat. But, Woodley isn't a slouch and stuffed everything. Maia was pretty busted up, as well as showing improved striking when he used it. Good fight IMO. Am I hunting it down to watch again, no. But it was fun while it lasted. Plus I was still riding the wave of awesome of Robbie/Cerrone.
Just listened to Mir's podcast. Woodley and Maia set a record for fewest strikes attempted in a 5 round UFC fight. Which is never a good thing in a fight that remained on the feet for pretty much its entirety.

UFC 214 results: Tyron Woodley bests Demian Maia in forgettable title fight