Essential supplements

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I was never a supplement guy other than protein powder.

It's hard to know with supplements: some people say it's all nonsense and just eat good food, some people say use this stuff, and then others say that stuff is worthless, ect.

Main goal is to lose fat, but I wanna maintain as much muscle as possible and gain strength at the same time.

Is there stuff that's good for this? Supplements you swear by that actually make a difference?

CrocopPleaseRetire

Jun 23, 2015
I was never a supplement guy other than protein powder.

It's hard to know with supplements: some people say it's all nonsense and just eat good food, some people say use this stuff, and then others say that stuff is worthless, ect.

Main goal is to lose fat, but I wanna maintain as much muscle as possible and gain strength at the same time.

Is there stuff that's good for this? Supplements you swear by that actually make a difference?
I'm also interested on this, I don't even get protein powder, pretty much I try and get protein from eggs, milk, tuna, etc. and eat good but I really don't see much results on the gym and I run 30 mins everyday and from there 50 mins lifting weights.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I'm also interested on this, I don't even get protein powder, pretty much I try and get protein from eggs, milk, tuna, etc. and eat good but I really don't see much results on the gym and I run 30 mins everyday and from there 50 mins lifting weights.
What are your goals?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
My main goal is to loose fat and build some muscle. I weight in 194lbs and my height is 5.8.
OK, going by your post, I'm guessing losing body fat is the primary goal and building muscle would be a nice bonus. In that case, focus heavily on your diet. Reduce your carbs and dairy. If you eat any bread or pasta or have any junk or alcohol, that's gotta go.

CrocopPleaseRetire

Jun 23, 2015
OK, going by your post, I'm guessing losing body fat is the primary goal and building muscle would be a nice bonus. In that case, focus heavily on your diet. Reduce your carbs and dairy. If you eat any bread or pasta or have any junk or alcohol, that's gotta go.
Thanks, beer is really what hurts I can deal with anything else but I usually drink a few on weekends only.

DoTheKick

Dec 31, 2015
Can you replace pasta and bread with wholemeal pasta and bread? Also why would you recomend cutting out dairy?

I've only started training over the past few months but I've lost over 20 pounds, I think I eat well etc but any further tips would be much appreciated.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Can you replace pasta and bread with wholemeal pasta and bread? Also why would you recomend cutting out dairy?

I've only started training over the past few months but I've lost over 20 pounds, I think I eat well etc but any further tips would be much appreciated.
Processed foods and dairy aren't part of our natural diet. That by itself may not be a good reason to eliminate them but it's the insulin response you don't want from the lactose and starches. Wholemeal is a bit better but still far from ideal.

Great job on the progress. If it's working, I wouldn't make any changes yet. Wait until you plateau.

Jeon Sa

Jun 27, 2016
As far as over the counter legal supplements I've taken nearly them all. I've started recently taking Pre Jym. The way I describe it is made by a bro for a bro. It's more expensive then most but I find the gains better

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
I've tried tons of legal supplements and the only ones I noticed a long term difference with were creatine and protein powder.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Youll find them at the green grocers and butcher shop

Fuck supplements. Easy to say when you work from home tho

Jeon Sa

Jun 27, 2016
On JRE recently they were talking about a Pre Wrokout that had meth in it. Sounds like that might be an essential supplement.

Anyone know the one they were talking about?

TFK_likatiga

First 259
Feb 19, 2015
Below is not my invention of course, but it is the recommendation of a highly respected personal trainer. The guy who made Hugh Jackman the wolverine is a friend of mine, and this is what he recommends for "add weight lose fat".

Lifting day:

AM:

Multi Vitamin
Omega 3, 6, 9
1000 IU Vitamin D
3g L-Carnitine Tartrate
1g D-Aspartic Acid

Pre-workout:

5g BCAA
1g Cittriline Malate
2g Beta Alanine

During workout:

5-10g BCAA
25g vitargo (highly branched cyclic dextrin)

Post Workout:

30g Whey protein
20g casein protein
60g vitargo

PM:

1000 IU Vitamin D
ZMA

Non-lifting day:

AM:

Multi Vitamin
Omega 3, 6, 9
1000 IU Vitamin D
3g L-Carnitine Tartrate
1g D-Aspartic Acid

During the day:

5-10g BCAA
1g Cittriline Malate
2g Beta Alanine

PM:

1000 IU Vitamin D
ZMA

Important note: The above supplements are taken in conjunction with a completely healthy & natural diet. I don't eat processed foods or junk foods. Lots of veggies, good fats, proteins, etc.

Jeon Sa

Jun 27, 2016
These 4 Pre-Workouts Are Basically Legal Coke

These 4 Pre-Workouts Are Basically Legal Coke

To start this article, I want to make something very clear. This list is not for anyone who considers himself a “Gym Goer” or attends a Planet Fitness (Because that’s not a gym, it’s daycare for adults). This is for individuals who lift so often their bodies literally stop supplying them with energy to train. If you go to the gym more times than there are days in the week then this is your article. Take a scoop (or two if you care less about your heart and enjoy living dangerously) and sit back and enjoy.

Jack3d (The Original Gangster)

The legendary Aesthetic master Zyzz’s pre-workout of choice (Cocaine was his number two and the main reason he ended up dead in a sauna with a Thai hooker at 22). The original Jack3d contained 1,3 dimethylamylamine or DMAA(Not the same as MDMA you club loving fools).

Jeon Sa

Jun 27, 2016
Craze (That one crazy guy who never blinks)

It’s basically fruit flavored meth that you can have shipped to your house. Which is why you can’t buy the original anymore. Well actually you can…but minus the fruity meth (and all the squat rack fun). During testing Craze was found to contain as much as 31 milligrams of N, alpha- DEPEA (aka the fruity fun meth part), which is a pharmaceutical- level dose. A PHARMACEUTICAL- LEVEL DOSE. Hear that kids? That’s science speak for pump inducing, muscle tearing, PR reaching fun.

Jeon Sa

Jun 27, 2016
C4 Extreme (The Rich Kid)

This stuff looks like it was created by NASA. Thankfully it doesn’t taste like it. By far the best tasting pre-workout on the market (tastes like Jesus mixed with lesbian sex and cool aid). C4 is a killer. Even though it lacks some cousin of Meth/Cocaine in its contents, it makes up for it with its skin tingling Beta Alanine. Your skin tingles, your veins pop and your motivation “Makes America Great Again”.

Jeon Sa

Jun 27, 2016
PRE JYM (The New Kid)

This stuff has more caffeine than all the coffee in Columbia. Seriously. This stuff doesn’t need some meth variation to kick serious ass. The caffeine alone will cause your heart to channel Tony Montana’s and you WILL be invincible (until some sneaky guy with a shotgun shoots you in the back).

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Below is not my invention of course, but it is the recommendation of a highly respected personal trainer. The guy who made Hugh Jackman the wolverine is a friend of mine, and this is what he recommends for "add weight lose fat".

Lifting day:

AM:

Multi Vitamin
Omega 3, 6, 9
1000 IU Vitamin D
3g L-Carnitine Tartrate
1g D-Aspartic Acid

Pre-workout:

5g BCAA
1g Cittriline Malate
2g Beta Alanine

During workout:

5-10g BCAA
25g vitargo (highly branched cyclic dextrin)

Post Workout:

30g Whey protein
20g casein protein
60g vitargo

PM:

1000 IU Vitamin D
ZMA

Non-lifting day:

AM:

Multi Vitamin
Omega 3, 6, 9
1000 IU Vitamin D
3g L-Carnitine Tartrate
1g D-Aspartic Acid

During the day:

5-10g BCAA
1g Cittriline Malate
2g Beta Alanine

PM:

1000 IU Vitamin D
ZMA

Important note: The above supplements are taken in conjunction with a completely healthy & natural diet. I don't eat processed foods or junk foods. Lots of veggies, good fats, proteins, etc.
This is actually a good list BUT! Lol.

Here is the thing, we all have to remember that these supplements will not always contain what they say they do (since we know it's a Wild West unregulated system) so we have to take that into account. A lot of the time you will pee most of this stuff out and you will actually smell and see the difference in your urine (I.e color). Also these supps are very costly.

If your diet is on point you will get most of These by eating beef (l-carnitine) good fats avocado, extra virgin olive oil, safflower oil, corn oil, coconut oil, macadamia nut oil things like that.

The only supps I really use are Proteins and BCAAs (try to find plain ones with no flavor or artificial coloring).

I will say when I'm prepping for a show I will utilize more supps because my diet requires it. I don't eat any fats and rarely eat red meat so it's good to supplement at that point.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
C4 Extreme (The Rich Kid)

This stuff looks like it was created by NASA. Thankfully it doesn’t taste like it. By far the best tasting pre-workout on the market (tastes like Jesus mixed with lesbian sex and cool aid). C4 is a killer. Even though it lacks some cousin of Meth/Cocaine in its contents, it makes up for it with its skin tingling Beta Alanine. Your skin tingles, your veins pop and your motivation “Makes America Great Again”.
This stuff is pure garbage and has gotten people very sick.

Jeon Sa

Jun 27, 2016
This stuff is pure garbage and has gotten people very sick.
I used to take it before the pre jym. Took it for years actually and never had any side effects other than more energy and stronger muscles.

Everyone is different though

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I used to take it before the pre jym. Took it for years actually and never had any side effects other than more energy and stronger muscles.

Everyone is different though
Correct. I tried some stuff and was fine and other people actually died from it. Either way food is all I need supps just kill the pocket imo.

I would rather buy a cycle. I'm here in Mexico and thought I could stock up just in case I wanted to hit something up for my next show but things have changed here. They have like sust and deca that's it and they are in small Doses and only come in amps. Fuck that shit not risking getting caught for that.

Jeon Sa

Jun 27, 2016
Correct. I tried some stuff and was fine and other people actually died from it. Either way food is all I need supps just kill the pocket imo.

I would rather buy a cycle. I'm here in Mexico and thought I could stock up just in case I wanted to hit something up for my next show but things have changed here. They have like sust and deca that's it and they are in small Doses and only come in amps. Fuck that shit not risking getting caught for that.
Yeah sounds like a lot of risk for very little reward.

Not sure what the consequences are for getting caught but whatever they are... Not worth it IMO

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Yeah sounds like a lot of risk for very little reward.

Not sure what the consequences are for getting caught but whatever they are... Not worth it IMO
Nope. Gear is easy to move, dogs can't sniff, little bottles go on a couple socks packed at the bottom of your check in bag and it's over. Either way doesn't matter to me I have a great international hook up that never failed me and worse comes to worst you get a call from the post office saying we have a package you need to come get and you don't go get you just chalk it up as a loss. Spend 300 or less that is it and usually it's good to go.