Evan Tanner feature film "The Power of 1" to start production later this year

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018

Former UFC middleweight champion Evan Tanner will be memorialized in a new biopic titled “The Power of 1” with production on the feature film expected to kick off later this year.

The news was first reported by Variety with additional sources confirming the news to MMA Fighting on Wednesday.

Tanner was a stalwart of the UFC in the days before and after the company was purchased by Zuffa in 2001. After competing as a light heavyweight when he started his career, Tanner eventually moved to middleweight where he rattled off several wins in a row including a submission victory over Robbie Lawler that put him into a title fight against David Terrell.

Tanner eventually earned a TKO against Terrell to win the vacant UFC middleweight title.

While Tanner lost the title with his next fight against Rich Franklin, he remained a part of the UFC roster for the next three years taking on opponents such as Yushin Okami, Kendall Grove and Justin Levens.

Sadly, Tanner lost his life in 2008 when he traveled into the desert in California for a camping trip and eventually succumbed to heat exposure.

Evan Tanner biopic ‘The Power of 1’ in the works for feature film

RIP Evan.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The Tanner passing always gets me...I try to think about what he was doing and thinking
Guy was awesome

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
The Tanner passing always gets me...I try to think about what he was doing and thinking
Guy was awesome
Me too.

I met him after his last UFC fight. Allowed me to show him a move.