Personal Ever looked up a childhood friend?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I had a friend, Kyle, who was one of my bff's until about 11 or 12. He moved off about an hour from us, which is infinity in kid distances. I spent the night with him one time after the move, playing videogames as always, and then we never saw each other again. I googled him in the early days of the internet but no luck.
I recently looked him again. A lifetime has passed, but why not? He crossed my mind and I was curious. Hell, maybe I'd just send an awkward internet hi and I'm glad your'e doing well.

Turns out he died in 2016. I found his obituary.
He grew up just like I said, an hour a way. He was high school valedictorian. Then went to the same college as me, but staggered since I worked before going to college. He became a software programmer, moved to Austin, and then apparently was found dead alone in his apartment. I assume drugs or suicide. He was an only child. I wasn't close with his parents, but what a terrible ending to their input. Raise someone so far into their life with so much success, you assume you'll outlive them.

I haven't seen the guy in decades and who the hell knows what I was thinking looking him up. But I see my old life in his quite a bit. Locales, schools, jobs, etc. Dozens of people posted on his obituary from all his phases of life talking about childhood, college, etc. Everyone was shocked and saddened by the loss.

Love your loved ones. Check in on people.

Also, after this, Linkedin suggested his old profile as a possible friend. The power of the internet is an emotionless machine.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I grew up in a very small community where everyone I grew up with was chomping at the bit to escape. It seems that those who did, excelled in life, and those who didn't got into heaps of shit.

I went to school with 3 brothers, one my age, one a couple years younger, the other a couple years older. The brother my age ended up in prison, the younger bro overdosed on oxy's, and the older brother took his life.
Might as well say the whole lineage of that family was wiped out in one generation. Feel terrible for the parents.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Not the same because we weren't school friends but Linkedin keeps suggesting a friend to me who died years ago...not nice.

Only person I looked up from school was because I saw him on TV in the US.He was my best guy friend in secondary school and is now the editor of People Magazine. We're only Facebook/Instagram friends but I actually feel really proud of him. He was a really good friend in school.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Sorry for your loss Splinty. I understand you may not have been close but I'm sure that still was a tough blow.

I looked up my childhood best friend years ago. He was several hours away but his parents were still in the same city I was. His dad was in the hospital for some health problems and I went to visit his parents. They were super thankful. I was in elementary school when we were best friends so his parents were like my 2nd parents. We could and would walk into each other's houses without knocking.

Anyways long story short, while visiting his parents in the hospital, his parents got all religious on me and eventually made my visit very awkward. Instead of just talking about old times, or anything BUT religion, they kept trying to convert me and it was very off putting. I left when I couldn't take it anymore.

He(friend) sent me a message stating how much he appreciated me going out my way to visit his parents. I didn't say anything about the religion talk and I noticed a few months later, we no longer were friends on facebook. Not sure why not, but my conscious is very clean so I don't stress it. I didn't have to wait behind a whole bunch of religious folks visiting him so I'm good with what I did.

My next childhood best friend from middle school years, his name is Russell Smith and ain't no chance I'm finding that basic ass name lol.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
a lot of them got really fat,married and had kids. it used to be easier to do in the MySpace days.

I found out of of my middle school friend had heart failure and died like at age 29 maybe.

he had died like 4 years ago and nobody told me it was a bit shocking to see the go fund me for his funeral.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
. He was an only child. I wasn't close with his parents, but what a terrible ending to their input. Raise someone so far into their life with so much success, you assume you'll outlive them.

Love your loved ones. Check in on people.
This
Now that I'm a father I really feel for the parents.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Did y'all have anything like friendsreunited.com in the US?

I forgot about that when I made my response.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
I have looked up some friends on the net and other primary school classmates.
Turns out most of them are alive and on Facebook.
I've felt the desire sometimes to just say hi and stuff...but nah, it's been too long, we probably wont have much to say.
I dont want to pretend anything...

I guess that's life...

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
HA!
Knew he was gay!
My gaydar still works.
Awesome
He and I didn't even know what gay was before he was gay.
Seriously, 13 year old us didn't really know what was going on. We just used to love going into a city shopping every weekend together and reading magazines :D

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
He and I didn't even know what gay was before he was gay.
Seriously, 13 year old us didn't really know what was going on. We just used to love going into a city shopping every weekend together and reading magazines :D
That, is, like, sooooooooooooooooo gay honey.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Still homies with my closest childhood friend. 1000km between us but we connect in person a couple times a year and it is like nothing changed. Like family for the last 34 years.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Still homies with my closest childhood friend. 1000km between us but we connect in person a couple times a year and it is like nothing changed. Like family for the last 34 years.
You can just say docking. It's 2020 nobody is going to judge you.

LeGarconDeCum

Dec 25, 2019
Funny you mention this, I had almost the exact same situation only a few weeks ago. I just randomly though of my best childhood friend that I hadn't seen since I was 13. We were both obsessed with basketball and spent every waking moment either playing or talking about it. Just so happened we were always the two best players in school - me first and he a distant but respectable second. Imagine my surprise when I found out not only had "he" fully transitioned, but we had actually hooked up on Tinder back in 2016. Only went out once - got a really toothy blowjob with no sack fondling or asshole play so I didn't call her again. But I thought wow, isn't life silly sometimes. Maybe not EXACTLY like your situation, but we did also play video games together. NBA Hang Time for the N64 I believe.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Funny you mention this, I had almost the exact same situation only a few weeks ago. I just randomly though of my best childhood friend that I hadn't seen since I was 13. We were both obsessed with basketball and spent every waking moment either playing or talking about it. Just so happened we were always the two best players in school - me first and he a distant but respectable second. Imagine my surprise when I found out not only had "he" fully transitioned, but we had actually hooked up on Tinder back in 2016. Only went out once - got a really toothy blowjob with no sack fondling or asshole play so I didn't call her again. But I thought wow, isn't life silly sometimes. Maybe not EXACTLY like your situation, but we did also play video games together. NBA Hang Time for the N64 I believe.

T

The Big Guy

All these sad and gay stories.

Wheres the stories about fucking some skanks from back in the day

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
All these sad and gay stories.

Wheres the stories about fucking some skanks from back in the day

My friend Nick and I weren't that close, but boy did we pull some girls. He was kind of a stoner, maybe a little depressed. So lots of angsty high school girlfriends around often. He was more interested in weed.
I saw Nick a few years after highschool. He was sooooo damned happy. Was waiting tables. Cleaning up his life. Just seemed amazing. I was so impressed and he seemed like such a warm person.
He got hit by a car while crossing the road at night. Died on impact. Was 25.
I'm so happy I saw him before that. I can't remember if I told him how impressed I was at how well he was doing. I hope I did.

T

The Big Guy

My friend Nick and I weren't that close, but boy did we pull some girls. He was kind of a stoner, maybe a little depressed. So lots of angsty high school girlfriends around often. He was more interested in weed.
I saw Nick a few years after highschool. He was sooooo damned happy. Was waiting tables. Cleaning up his life. Just seemed amazing. I was so impressed and he seemed like such a warm person.
He got hit by a car while crossing the road at night. Died on impact. Was 25.
I'm so happy I saw him before that. I can't remember if I told him how impressed I was at how well he was doing. I hope I did.
So you tell me a story about some stoner that fucked a few chicks you couldn't pull in high school. Then he gets run over.

That's all you got. I think you did it

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So you tell me a story about some stoner that fucked a few chicks you couldn't pull in high school. Then he gets run over.

That's all you got. I think you did it
It's okay. We know you act tough because you're alone. We are your friends now Florida man.