Every being deserves a chance

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Feb 28, 2015
Can't remember how I came across this rescue a few days ago but I was SO EXCITED that they are literally in my backyard. I've already applied to volunteer and hope to foster one of these days too. Their facebook page has lots more recent videos and updates, heartwarming and tear-inducing to say the least. I can't wait to start working with animals like these and help them have a second chance, they deserve it!

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
What happened to them? Hit by cars and things like that?

Feb 28, 2015
Yes, some are injury related and some are born with congenital defects. Most are saved from being killed and are given whatever treatment necessary. We have a great veterinary hospital near us where they take all the animals for evals and treatment and they do acupuncture, water therapy, whatever might be needed to rehab them and get them ready for new homes, it's so great!

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That's great. I don't get how people abandon there dogs, I couldn't fathom it.

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I have a friend who has roughly 18 to 25 dogs he fosters at any one time at his farm. He and his wife have been doing this for years. I find it odd that his house does not smell or have fur all over so I asked him how he does it as all the dogs stay in the house? He said they have hardwood floors so it doesn't get in the carpet. They sweep twice a day and they try to brush all the dogs at least twice a week.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I have a friend who has roughly 18 to 25 dogs he fosters at any one time at his farm. He and his wife have been doing this for years. I find it odd that his house does not smell or have fur all over so I asked him how he does it as all the dogs stay in the house? He said they have hardwood floors so it doesn't get in the carpet. They sweep twice a day and they try to brush all the dogs at least twice a week.
I have hard wood floors and my friend's German Shepard only comes over a couple of times a month, when I do my weekly vacuum I'm CONSTANTLY picking up his hair. I love it because it reminds me of him but I'm not sure I could cope with 25 of the little buggers.

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm not sure how my buddy does it. I have two dogs currently (Corgy/Pom mix and a Dachshund/ Australian Shep mix) and they shed enough for me. We even keep them shaved and still have pet hair.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Hard wood floors are key

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
me neither, if you get rid of a pet then you're an asshole who I want nothing to do with.
This. My parents adopted a JRT who'd been living in the street for 3 weeks. She was 9 years old at the time, when the Humane Society contacted the owner (microchipped) The owners said "Keep her, we don't want her back" My parents adopted her, and gave her what I'm sure were the best 6 years of her life and to this day, fuck those people. There's a special place in Hell for people that could do that to a dog.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Good on you. A lot of people get pets that double as accessories, or something to entertain the kids ( like my neighbours up the street) and for the most part ignore/neglect them.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
That's great. I don't get how people abandon there dogs, I couldn't fathom it.
Obviously I'm not in the same position I imagine they were in, but if i had to get rid of my dog I'd be at the end/ facing the end of my own days.

One of the last things I'd ever let go is my dog. He's a hero

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Hardwood is your friend, pity they don't make hard wood car seats. My interior looks like a Husky mix.

Them wheelchairs are nifty.

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
I should show this to a guy on my block. He walks his dog around in a harness keeping the back legs off the ground. At first it seemed sad but that lil dog is just so happy to be out of the house. Poor thing prob laus in bed all day.