VID Ex-champ Rashad Evans on layoff: Like watching 'whole MMA game pass you by'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ex-champ Rashad Evans on layoff: Like watching ‘whole MMA game pass you by’ | MMAjunkie

t’s been more than 500 days since UFC fans have had an opportunity to watch former light-heavyweight champion Rashad Evans ply his trade in the octagon. Evans gave one of his best career performances on that November 2013 night, completely overwhelming Chael Sonnen for a first round TKO win.

Since that bout, Evans (19-3-1 MMA, 14-3-1 UFC) a series of knee injuries, including multiple surgeries, have kept him on the sidelines.

The time off has been tough on “The Ultimate Fighter 2″ winner.

“This has probably been the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do in my entire career – just to sit out, not being able to do too much, not to do what I love to do when I’m in the gym all the time,” Evans told MMAjunkie. “I’m watching my teammates go, and they’re fighting. Naturally, you feel – once you’ve been doing the sport this long – that eventually it’s going to be my turn. And it’s not my turn yet. It’s just hard to sit back and watch the whole MMA game pass you by.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Never understood a lot of the hate Rashad got. Dude is all class.

The Tomahawk Murderer

Feb 12, 2015
Never understood a lot of the hate Rashad got. Dude is all class.
Agreed!

Rashad is a guy I always respected, especially for starting at Heavy when he probably wouldn't be a large middleweight. But watching his interviews and getting to know his personality is what really made me a fan. He just seems like a hard guy NOT to like to me. Maybe it's because of that but I also don't find him so boring to watch as other people claim either. He doesn't have the most finishes (some great ones though), but his technique is great and he makes the things he's good at look smooth as hell. When he's winning he makes it look easy, like he's just toying with the other guy (Phil Davis). I think that's part of what frustrates other people so much, because it often looks like he could finish the other guy at will and just doesn't. But he's really just sticking to his strengths and not pulling another Machida fuck up, lol.

Sucks to see him sidelined for so long. I wish he would have been at 185 years ago, because I think he could have been running shit down there.