Fabricio Werdum refutes March as target date for title defense, says he wants to fight sooner

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum is ready to defend his title. And he doesn't want to wait until March of 2016.

At the UFC 191 post-fight press conference in Las Vegas this past weekend, UFC president Dana Whitesaid that Werdum would likely defend his title against former champion Cain Velasquez in March.

"Unfortunately, this heavyweight division is tied up right now," White said. "This fight won't happen probably until March, the next heavyweight [title] defense. So we'll see how this thing plays out, and we'll go from there."

Asked why so far off, White said it was because, "that’s when Werdum wants to fight."

Yet according to a report on UFC Tonight, Werdum's management refutes having said that he wants to wait until March to defend his title. His management team, Dominance MMA, said that they informed the UFC that he would be ready to fight again in either December or January.

Fabricio Werdum refutes March as target date for title defense, says he wants to fight sooner - MMA Fighting

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
WHO THE FUCK CALLED THIS???

ME YOU BALD SHIT!!! ME!!!!

I FUCKING KNEW IT! YOU STUPID LYING FUCK!

His transparent campaign to make Cain the hero for his wallet IS PATHETIC!

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Haven't seen active, RELEVANT, fighters speak up like this in almost a decade. Glad to see them using the press for a change.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Well I wonder does the UFC write off the hush money it pays to quiet fighters

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Just fuckin say "I desperately need Cain to have that belt, we are incapable of doing or wanting to do anything with HW without Cain holding that belt, therefore I need to try and change the narrative and make Werdum look bad. We are worse than the WWE, we try and deny it, but we are." and I'll stop pointing out your Zuffeebok scumjobs.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just fuckin say "I desperately need Cain to have that belt, we are incapable of doing or wanting to do anything with HW without Cain holding that belt, therefore I need to try and change the narrative and make Werdum look bad. We are worse than the WWE, we try and deny it, but we are." and I'll stop pointing out your Zuffeebok scumjobs.
It's funny because he was sick to his stomach when Cain beat Lesnar. I don't think they want Cain as champ as bad as Lesnar tho.