Fabricio Werdum vs Alistair Overeem Trilogy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who wins and how?

• Werdum by Submission

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Werdum by Decision

• Overeem by KO or TKO

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Overeem by Decision

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Fabricio Werdum and Alistair Overeem met for the first time in PRIDE's open weight grand-prix tournament in May of 2006. At the time, Werdum was known for being Mirko CroCop's Ju Jitsu Coach and Overeem was no more than a lanky middleweight with some potential. Werdum came on top by catching Overeem with a kimura from the bottom in the 2nd round.

Half a decade later, they met again in the quarter finals of another tournament in STRIKEFORCE. Both fighters have become more complete fighters but this time, both fighters have established themselves as the best HW grappler and the best HW striker. The fight went on to a decision with victory by Alistair Overeem.

This time, they meet again for the third time. The Rubber Match.
This time, no myths or horse meat. No prime or excuses, they just meet as their truest form. Both at the end of their careers, who's going to pull through? Submission or a KO? Werdum or Overeem?

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
And on a somewhat, presumably, even playing field, finally.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
After hearing both guys' opinions about Fedor, I hope Werdum knocks him out with a flying kick a-la the beginning of the fight versus Travis Brown.

T

The Big Guy

I think when they fought the first time it was a striker vs grappler match. The second time it was more even but both had a clear path to victory.

But the biggest factor to me is werdums striking improvements. He outstruck reem the second fight after reem won the k1 championship a year or two prior but still lost a decision cause he spent alot of time buttscooting

This time i expect werdum to be the quicker striker landing more volume and win a dec. Hes not going to be desperate to close the distance like hunt and will know to avoid the clinch. I think reem will be too patient looking for a big shot and werdum will outwork him

Last edited by a moderator: