General Facebook advertising

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

So I want to advertise my business on FB. I've identified the segments and saved them but need some images or graphics. Does anyone here have any experience doing that?
Is there a preferred format to use?
Disclaimer:I am a bit deficient in these things so I may be using dated terminology.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
So I want to advertise my business on FB. I've identified the segments and saved them but need some images or graphics. Does anyone here have any experience doing that?
Disclaimer:I am a bit deficient in these things so I may be using dated terminology.
We advertise our BJJ program through Facebook. It is easy to do, and the targeting by keywords is straightforward. I don’t think the format matters, just test upload the image to your Facebook page to make sure it looks ok before promoting the ad. Aim for interesting pictures and short text. Add a button for more info/call the business/ message the business etc and you will get better engagement.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
If you are doing a slideshow sort of thing, RIPL makes that really easy.

We advertise our BJJ program through Facebook. It is easy to do, and the targeting by keywords is straightforward. I don’t think the format matters, just test upload the image to your Facebook page to make sure it looks ok before promoting the ad. Aim for interesting pictures and short text. Add a button for more info/call the business/ message the business etc and you will get better engagement.
Very informative.
I was considering paying someone to create the images for me.
Do you just find pictures online and upload those or do you pay a site for their content.
Thank you for the reply, it gives me a bit of confidence in this.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
I always use pictures I took during training. You can use stock photos, but I would expect you would need to pay in order to use most of them (from sites like shutterstock etc).
You can look at our Facebook page (just look through for any of the slideshow/videos to get an idea of what the RIPL stuff looks like with minimal work). Pitchblack Brazilian Jiu-jitsu

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Very informative.
I was considering paying someone to create the images for me.
Do you just find pictures online and upload those or do you pay a site for their content.
Thank you for the reply, it gives me a bit of confidence in this.
You wouldn't be able to use other people's photos from online without their permission. Let me know what you need pictures of and if I can help you out I will. Hit me with a PM if you prefer.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I've identified the segments and saved them but need some images or graphics. Does anyone here have any experience doing that?
unless you have a special demographic, the majority of your users will see your ad via the mobile stream.
in the ad manager, when it asks you to pick Graphics it gives you a suggested size. That suggested size as what you should use. They will fit the mobile advertisement ratio best will giving high quality.

do not use stock art unless you want to have nobody look at your advertisement. Keep the texts to a minimum on the pictures.

Unique picture.
Short catching phrases for the title and the subtext
add a call to action button to link over to your website or other Facebook page with further details.

Consider making two ads and using Facebook's a:b testing. That is in the ad manager when you're setting things up. From there you will know which one is more effective and can't we cure strategy in the future.

Follow the data! if something is working better than another advertisement, drop the other ads and quit wasting money on them.

do not use stock art unless you want to have nobody look at your advertisement. Keep the texts to a minimum on the pictures.
I don't think I was going to use stock art but European laws may require I pay someone for use of an image which isn't my own if I'm using it to advertise for the purposes of generating more income. But let's say that doesn't matter for the time being, from where does one select images to use which are public domain as far a copyright laws?