Fallout 4

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015
Anybody else here excited for Fallout 4?

The Fallout and DragonAge series are pretty much the only games I get super pumped for!

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Anybody else here excited for Fallout 4?

The Fallout and DragonAge series are pretty much the only games I get super pumped for!

Dragon Age have really gone down hill, The Witcher series is significantly higher quality, in every metric. Be that storyline, graphics, gameplay, or world building. I am super pumped for Fallout 4 though.

canofsticks

Aug 4, 2015
Dragon Age have really gone down hill, The Witcher series is significantly higher quality, in every metric. Be that storyline, graphics, gameplay, or world building. I am super pumped for Fallout 4 though.
I agree Dragon Age 2 was a let down with how they recycled their dungeon maps throughout the game. But I love DA3. Kingdom of Amalur might of had the most beautiful environments of any game I've played

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I have it pre-ordered on Steam, but I don't really game on PC anymore. I bought it with money from selling skins on CSGO, so not that big of a lost. May get it for PS4, but BO3 will have my attention for a little while.

canofsticks

Aug 4, 2015
I have it pre-ordered on Steam, but I don't really game on PC anymore. I bought it with money from selling skins on CSGO, so not that big of a lost. May get it for PS4, but BO3 will have my attention for a little while.
Steam Link might be worth it for you. Stream your games from the PC to the TV and play with a controller. At least that way your library isn't totally worthless because you prefer the console.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Steam Link might be worth it for you. Stream your games from the PC to the TV and play with a controller. At least that way your library isn't totally worthless because you prefer the console.
I'll look into that. My PC is running an EVGA GTX670 and I just don't feel like dropping the dough on upgrading the GPU. I have an expensive hobby I'm trying to start, so need all my extra change lol

canofsticks

Aug 4, 2015
I'll look into that. My PC is running an EVGA GTX670 and I just don't feel like dropping the dough on upgrading the GPU. I have an expensive hobby I'm trying to start, so need all my extra change lol
I feel your pain. I have an AMD Firepro card for rendering that I try to game off of...low/medium graphics for me

Oct 24, 2015
I'm pumped for Fallout4. Mods on consoles. I just hope it's not like Skyrim on the PS3. I own a PS4 and Skyrim was unplayable for like 6 months.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I'm pumped for Fallout4. Mods on consoles. I just hope it's not like Skyrim on the PS3. I own a PS4 and Skyrim was unplayable for like 6 months.
I'm curious what mods will be out . I'm assuming visual mods are out of the question. I'm guessing they will either pick them for us or allow the community to vote. Really interested in this...

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I'm curious what mods will be out . I'm assuming visual mods are out of the question. I'm guessing they will either pick them for us or allow the community to vote. Really interested in this...
Visual mods, IE. new textures, should be the easiest to implement.

canofsticks

Aug 4, 2015
Been a PC gamer since PS2...didn't know Bethesda had prohibited mods on consoles. Glad you guys will be able to enjoy mods too this go around (to a degree?)

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Apparently that is offset by the abilities tree.

Going to get it end of the month.
Not really.. instead of putting in perks you're putting them in the special stats.. just odd.. I REALLY HATE the fucking minecraft bullshit.. give me a god damn room like megaton or in new vegas.. I dont want to make shit like that.. guns, sure.. but houses and defenses and fucking shit like that? No.

canofsticks

Aug 4, 2015
Not really.. instead of putting in perks you're putting them in the special stats.. just odd.. I REALLY HATE the fucking minecraft bullshit.. give me a god damn room like megaton or in new vegas.. I dont want to make shit like that.. guns, sure.. but houses and defenses and fucking shit like that? No.
My brother took an adderall and built a stronghold for 12 hours straight. I guess he likes that aspect of the game.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
My brother took an adderall and built a stronghold for 12 hours straight. I guess he likes that aspect of the game.
to each their own.. I just fucking loathe it. I never liked minecraft and I never will, I dont like this aspect. I just want a god damn house like megaton to hoard all my shit in and head back to.. thats it.

CaffeineBomb

Sep 8, 2015
Is the base building not optional after it makes you do the tutorial?

I've not started yet, been too busy, but my flatmate is utterly addicted. Game looks great but as a dev I'm pretty apalled the companions barely have been improved since 3 (they're still using the same tech so it'll be the exact same code). Still as incredibly dumb as ever.

Case in point:

View: http://fat.gfycat.com/UniformRealImperialeagle.webm

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
to each their own.. I just fucking loathe it. I never liked minecraft and I never will, I dont like this aspect. I just want a god damn house like megaton to hoard all my shit in and head back to.. thats it.
Eh, I've gotten by without it for the most part. I just made a couple containers to separate a couple of things in the one building in Sanctuary with all the workshops. Then a bed or 2. Real worth is just sending all your companions to Sanctuary so they can farm Corn, Multifruit, and Tato for you so ya can make unlimited adhesives for mods.

Jtrigg

Nov 27, 2015
All my free time has been consumed with fallout 4 since release, of course did midnight release lol. Only real issue is survivor could have been more. Wish they would have went hardcore route from new vegas.

CaffeineBomb

Sep 8, 2015
The owner of @jonjones on Twitter has taken a lot of flak over the years being mistaken for Jon "Bones" Jones, so he's getting a little of his own back and playing through Fallout 4 as him and documenting Fallout "Bones" adventures on Tumblr
Fallout Bones Adventures