Fans left fearing for Mayweather after Logan Paul drops four NFL players in sparring

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
1621095119352.png

With Floyd Mayweather's bout against YouTuber Logan Paul finally confirmed for Sky Sports Box Office on June 6, people are once again waiting to see if influencer and celebrities are really taking the sport seriously, or if they are simply tourists.

One thing you have to give them is that they know how to generate buzz (it is their job after all): after a scrap between Mayweather and younger Paul brother, Jake, at the press event for the fight, footage has now been released of Logan sparring and some fight fans are taking notice.

First off, let's quash that clickbait title: he doesn't fight four people at the same time, he fights one of them at a time and, like him, they are not natural fighters. In fact, they are four NFL players known as the Gronkowski brothers from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers - so whilst they are not born boxers, they are professional athletes, at least.

It is worth reminding you that this was a video posted to his own YouTube channel, where the content is designed solely for self-promotion. We're going to straight-up suggest this was staged but just make sure to take everything with a pinch of salt.

Nevertheless, the clip is doing the rounds on social media and whether or not this truly demonstrates a level of ability high enough to overcome Mayweather, plenty of people are impressed.

While most of the comments simply point out his sheer size compared to Floyd, some are giving him the credit for having much more skill than they expected. One commenter said: "Honestly you have to admit looking sharper than most would of thought if he can keep the power up for all rounds Floyd can only run so long looking good."

However, some people exposed themselves simply by reacting, with another admitting, "I don't know much about boxing at all but I reckon Logan has a pretty fine chance at the win against Floyd after seeing this. Good job and look forward to the next round."

This is, arguably, part of the problem with this era of celebrity boxers: a large part of the audience they bring in - though it may be deemed good for business by some - are fans of these personalities and not the sport. Therefore, their expectations and discussions are often seen as ill-informed, with many saying that these new 'fighters' are detracting from the art altogether.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Lol at punching football dummies and thinking that means he can touch floyd

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Both Paul Bros appear to be saucy - are they testing?

Also are they checking their gloves? With this shady promotion I wouldn't doubt they try loading up the gloves.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I remember that
Both Paul Bros appear to be saucy - are they testing?

Also are they checking their gloves? With this shady promotion I wouldn't doubt they try loading up the gloves.
I doubt loaded gloves...askren without wrestling is zero threat standing...and the NBA guy had no skill

Saucing? maybe...both were wrestlers so they aren't new to strength building exercise

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
tHeY aRe PrOfEsSiOnaAl AtHlEtEs, At LeAsT.

Ah yes, because sportsball decreases the chance to get knocked out

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
"fuckin.gay"

if there was a rating like that, i'd use it for the OP

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
So beating up 4 people who never sparred in their life makes him better than one of the P4P best fighters in the world? Jesus christ.

Worst thing is the Paul brothers YT army is eating up all this raw, besides the whole thing looked fake as fuck, Logan's true skills came to show in the KSI fight where both looked worst than some of the shittiest journeymen I've seen in boxing.

Combat sports has become the art of conning, conning people who doesn't know shit about fighting that a Jake Paul or Logan Paul is superior athletes, It's not even laughable anymore, sure they got great trainers but you can't turn a bum into a pharaoh, that's just the name of the game.