Fantasy MMA (MagWar) TMMAC Alphas Season 2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

The Sound of Violence

Host of a podcast about mma podcasts
Oct 28, 2015
Yeah she was my pick but I fucked up and didn't refresh before the start so I had to log back in and everything. *shrug* still happy with it

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Effing GFL. I can't believe he took Adesanya right before me. I've been dreaming about Stylebender on my squad all week.

GFL, if you are lurking... Well played.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Overall stoked with my team. Conor falling to me is the pivot. Now just need to knockout a Dagestani bear. C'mon Oct 6!

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Remember guys, if you don't have 7 fighters scheduled to fight (or at least with a chance to be scheduled) in Q1, you should re-tool your roster a bit after the draft to get more Q1 fighters. Generally every quarter - and especially during Q1 - it's important to play a full roster of Contract fighters... Meaning all seven of your Contract fighters get a fight score for you... by fighting. :)

Your bench is where you can hoard fighters you like who aren't scheduled to fight between Aug-Oct.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Congrats, The Sound of Violence @The Sound of Violence on winning TMMAC MagWar Season 1!! Helluva Q4 dude. Even Jeremy Stephens' liver couldn't stop you.

Let me know which TMMAC item you'd like as your prize. (Or if you'd rather a MagWar T-shirt, that works too.)

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
Congrats, The Sound of Violence @The Sound of Violence on winning TMMAC MagWar Season 1!! Helluva Q4 dude. Even Jeremy Stephens' liver couldn't stop you.

Let me know which TMMAC item you'd like as your prize. (Or if you'd rather a MagWar T-shirt, that works too.)
Woooo! Yeah I really rallied hard towards the end. I'd love a TMMAC mug thanks man super fun season can't wait for this next one

Mar 22, 2018
Hey guys, glad to be able to participate in season 2 of TMMAC MagWar. I'm pretty satisfied with my team I got considering it was an autodraft for me. I look forward to this weekend to see how things get started off.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
FYI, for anyone looking for prospects -
Last night's DWCS contract winners were just added to the MagWar fighter database. They will be on waivers today and tomorrow, if you want to make claims. Juan the Kraken looks like a beast. Four more contracts handed out on Week 7 of DWTNCS

---

Also, here are our new Twitter folders to help you track MMA news/fights. I had posted these in the draft review thread previously. These will be updated regularly, and have more breaking news content (for now) than does the actual MagWar website. We'll be adding staff to beef up the MagWar site news content in the months ahead, but for now, these two curated sources are quick and easy ways to help you keep track of relevant fantasy MMA information.

Fantasy MMA News

Fight Announcements

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
When playing the game, I like to use the Rosters page often. I'd say even as much as my team page. The Rosters screen let's me see all the teams in one place, with color codes to see who has fighters lined up to fight in the current quarter. As the season moves along, this page helps me see which teams have fight opportunities remaining, since fights obviously take place at different times within each quarter.

(And for anyone lurking this thread who is not in our league... You can see our teams by clicking the Rosters link above. You don't need to be logged in to see that page.)

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
Reminder: It's highly recommended to have a "flex" fighter on every card. These fighters only get half the points of contract fighters, but they don't lock to your roster and can be swapped out as needed.