Fantasy MMA (MagWar) TMMAC Alphas Season 2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
If anyone in our league is attending the Conor v Khabib presser tomorrow in L.A. or UFC 227 on Saturday, look for me in a MagWar shirt. Come say what's up. Let me know how much you love or hate what we're cooking over here. :)

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
La Paix @BirdWatcher, ouch, sorry dude. Having the #1 overall pick lose his belt in the first event of the season is an absolute kick in the nuts. Keep your head up though. Fight to get into Q4 and if DJ wins in that quarter to get the belt back, it'd be like Saturday night didn't even happen. Lots of skins on this cat.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
I wish I could say it was al skill, but that Cejudo pick was dumb luck on my part
Nah man, something compelled you to take Henry when the rest of the world was telling us he had no chance. I took Tiago Santos over him! :confused:

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
It makes me sad to see so many posters in other threads down on MMA. For many of them they'd change the tune if they played fantasy MMA. Real fantasy MMA. Not that DFS or pick'em bullshido.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I rolled the dice on Garbrandt and Swanson and got burnt. I still believe in myself and I promise I will make my doubters pay with their blood.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
^^^OSP will be heartbroken, but you gotta dance with the one you brought. Good news is this fight should answer whether Reyes is a keeper or a Tinder. ;)

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Nice, Tiago Santos with a 2nd Q1 fight for me, albeit against a dangerous Jimi Manuwa.

In case anyone was wondering, if a fighter fights twice in the same quarter you do not get both scores. You get the higher of the two. So while it is an advantage in that you get two shots at a good score, it's not the extreme advantage of getting to score twice.

(However, for Playoff Bonus purposes, both scores count.)

The logic behind this is that each Contract spot is designed to get one score per quarter, despite the often crazy, random scheduling in MMA. Hope that makes sense.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
BTW, I saw Manuwa up close at the 25th anniversary presser in LA a few weeks ago. Dude is huge and jacked. He had to have been at least 235 lbs that day!

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Question for the TMMAC MagWar peeps -

Do you guys find the little yellow note news updates on the site useful/helpful? On a scale of 1 (crap) - 10 (awesome), how would you grade them?

For reference, I'm referring to the yellow note icons that appear on this and other pages on the MagWar site - Rosters

The Sound of Violence

Host of a podcast about mma podcasts
Oct 28, 2015
Question for the TMMAC MagWar peeps -

Do you guys find the little yellow note news updates on the site useful/helpful? On a scale of 1 (crap) - 10 (awesome), how would you grade them?

For reference, I'm referring to the yellow note icons that appear on this and other pages on the MagWar site - Rosters
I'd give them a 7 or 8. I listen to an absurd amount of podcasts/interviews so I've heard a lot of the clips, but it's nice to have quick access to them especially when it comes to the best fight odds notes

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
I thought I was so slick taking Vick three rounds behind Gaethje in the draft. Add in Warlley and Saturday night was a complete kick in the nutz.:dizzy:

Q1 starting to slip away. Need a finish from 'good pick' Suarez to keep hope alive.

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
These regional cards have been saving my ass lately. If it wasn't for Russia and Brazil Valentina would have cursed my entire first quarter

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
Reminder that this weekend's card is the last event of this quarter. The winner of Q1 also cements their place in the playoffs. After the event all contract fighters will be unlocked and can be dropped from rosters. Good luck!

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Congrats, txstr1986 @txstr1986 on winning Q1! You get the first playoff berth for this season and a MagWar T-shirt. I'll send you a link tomorrow with the options. They're upthread somewhere if you don't want to wait. Cheers, brudda. :)

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
LawFitz @LawFitz it looks like magwar is skipping over UFC Adelaide and I need to do stuff.
Sorry about that. The start time for Adelaide was miscast, but it's fixed now, so you can adjust your roster until the start of the prelims.

That said, free agents are on waivers due to the card last night, so you can only make moves within your roster. You won't be able to pickup anyone from the free agent list today. (So hopefully you have a Flex ready to insert from your bench.)

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Added a couple new MagWar champ shirts to the collection of choices for you guys - Black Beast and Yair. Lemme know which ones you guys like/hate. Hopefully some incentive as we plow through the current quarter in the two TMMAC leagues.

Only winners get wings. :)

View: https://imgur.com/a/FO634TU