Lifestyle Fasting! Finished my first attempt at it : )

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I was just reading up on it. It's made by monks. There's one in the USA. My curiosity is peaked. Dealing with Song facts and truth aren't really necessary.
most belgian beers are trappist beers they have been doing it for hundreds of years a lot of our beer in the u.s and come from either blueprints set by germans,austrians and belgians.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
most belgian beers are trappist beers they have been doing it for hundreds of years a lot of our beer in the u.s and come from either blueprints set by germans,austrians and belgians.
Belgian beer is designed to kill the weak. It's fucken insane. Tastes like a regular beer but 3 times stronger.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm a cross between fucked and awake. Not even had no drugs either

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Ha, I tried it! 42hrs without eating :D

Thanks for the inspiration in the other thread MMAPlaywright @MMAPlaywright , Splinty @Splinty , N @Never_Rolled , Toelocku @Toelocku , BenAskrensStrikingcoach @Suicidalforlife , Hauler @Hauler , gangsterkathryn @gangsterkathryn

Thread: General - This guy fasted for 382 days straight !

Today is Friday, 4pm (my timezone).
I started with 2 days of eating very very little. Tuesday + Wednesday. Started Tuesday during the day. In those 2 days I only ate like very small portions of light stuff, like selfmade chickpeas-hummus, cucumber, celery, ginger. That was surprisingly doable.
Then I didn't ingest any food except for tea and half a cup of black coffee for 24hrs. After the 24hrs I had a small cup of vegetable broth with like a tablespoon of coffee-whitener-cream, herbs and salt and then ate zero for 16hrs until today 1pm.
(full disclosure I went picking plums last night and cooked them up into a sirup this morning so I had to taste the stuff, but at that point I wasn't hungry anymore, it didn't make a difference)

My observations during the actual not-eating period:
> I felt like I had the flu, I couldn't focus my mind or my eyes - I had actually problems reading, okay... It was like a constant fight the first 24hrs where I ate absolutely zero. I had balance problems and wouldn't have wanted to steer a vehicle. Thanks god I'm on vacation and have time for experiments.
> I slept super little, but not tired. I think I slept much better with the empty stomach. Might have also been the weakness that knocked me out, tho
> I could focus away any cravings for specific foods, it was rather the feeling sick that got me, not the hunger or lust to eat tasty stuff
> Today, as it was the second day of the fasting I was still in a bad mood, but didn't really feel sick or weak anymore. Went for a 1,5 hour walk. LOL I walked through Frankfurt and there was even a "Thai-Food"-Festival in the city today!! :D mhhh, but it didn't phase me, walked through it and looked at all the meals
> I went to the supermarket to buy some vegetables and, walking through the aisles was purely overwhelming - the unlimited possibilities of stuff to eat..
> I eventually ate rice with vegetables, 2 plates and then ate some of the plums that I had picked yesterday. That will clean out them pipes for shure.
> I drank at least twice the amount I would drink normally, but I hardly went peeing. super weird.
> I hardly felt "hungry" or "appetite" it was more a pain in the stomach, nausea and tingling in the joints
> I also did an "internet-fast" where I didn't watch any stupid videos on youtube etc. for the 4 days. That was really great!!

My conclusion:
> I will do it again, and longer. Though now I know what I'll be facing in the beginning. yesterday was a horror. Today was okay.
> the one cup of vegetable broth after 24hrs "cured" me. It was maybe less than 50 calories, but it helped so much. The headache went away. When I looked up fasting they said to do it with half a litre of vegetable broth and a cup of fruit juice every day (but I think that's cheating, no? Anyways, with the broth it could easily go. Fruit juice or tea with honey I wouldn't take.)
> It sucked. But it's possible. I'm glad that I did it because I was wondering about it for years and years. The thread gave me the last little push.
> 1,5 days is probably a ridiculously small feat, but for me it was really hard ... one step at a time, I guess
> Probably more fun to do it together with somebody. I have friends from Morocco who are doing the Ramadan every year, maybe next year I'll have the guts to join them for a few days (not for religious reasons, more for the body-and-mind experiment. For religious reasons I would have to go for 40 days solid, like Jesus did :D)
> the biggest takeway was the overwhelming feeling in the supermarket today. All the shelves were filled with different foods and it seemed like a paradise :D :D

Do you guys have any experiences and/or tips?
IN the middle of a fast...for no real reason than to try it out
Haven't done so in like 20 years

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Right now I am at 34 hours of fasting

no food
no cannabis of any kind

only one black coffee and a bunch of water with sea salt in it

slept great(better than usual)
not hungry at all
worked out pretty hard last night
no negative side effects

Might eat a clean dinner tonight...which will make it about a 40 or so hour fast

Occurs to me that while eating is needed to survive long term it is kind of an addiction and habit short term...still thinking this concept thru.

I went many years working 12+ hour hard labor days and only eating between 6pm and 9pm so short fasts are easy for me

kinda fun

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
I've been doing Intermittent fasting for about a month and lost almost 40lbs. It's pretty hard. When your bodyfat starts getting real low, everything tastes delicious. I could eat a whole jar of peanut butter.
I drink maybe 20 ounces of watermelon juice all day, then go do 60-90 minutes cardio, heavy bag work then lifting. Then I eat a cpl packs of tuna or a crabcake. And try to not eat anything else in the evening. And I rehydrate a little before bed. Once I get my bodyfat down to nothing I'll probly last a week and then gain weight again.
It's a good exercise for mental toughness. My kicks seem way faster when I'm smaller. And I'm kind of addicted to cardio now. Looking forward to my 60 mins on stairmaster/treadmill

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I've been doing Intermittent fasting for about a month and lost almost 40lbs. It's pretty hard. When your bodyfat starts getting real low, everything tastes delicious. I could eat a whole jar of peanut butter.
I drink maybe 20 ounces of watermelon juice all day, then go do 60-90 minutes cardio, heavy bag work then lifting. Then I eat a cpl packs of tuna or a crabcake. And try to not eat anything else in the evening. And I rehydrate a little before bed. Once I get my bodyfat down to nothing I'll probly last a week and then gain weight again.
It's a good exercise for mental toughness. My kicks seem way faster when I'm smaller. And I'm kind of addicted to cardio now. Looking forward to my 60 mins on stairmaster/treadmill
sounds good
you workout more than I do
always good to mix it up
definitely good for the mind to realize what you can do without and not use everything as a crutch

why watermelon juice?

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
Also I was at Dr yesterday and my cholesterol was 110 ( down 64 from last time) and my blood pressure was 104/70. I don't know much about blood pressure but it sounds ok. Better than when I was power lifting

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Right now I am at 34 hours of fasting

no food
no cannabis of any kind

only one black coffee and a bunch of water with sea salt in it

slept great(better than usual)
not hungry at all
worked out pretty hard last night
no negative side effects

Might eat a clean dinner tonight...which will make it about a 40 or so hour fast

Occurs to me that while eating is needed to survive long term it is kind of an addiction and habit short term...still thinking this concept thru.

I went many years working 12+ hour hard labor days and only eating between 6pm and 9pm so short fasts are easy for me

kinda fun
yup, exactly! I also did it it j to kind of prove to myself that you don't have to eat always.
I'm really glad I did it, changed my perspective on what is actually hunger and what is just a sensation that the body wants to have more bloodsugar. I'll definitely do it again!

The first 24hours were pure hell, though. Flu-like symptoms, strong joint pains, nausea and my piss smelled like pure poison.
After that it was almost back to normal. I'm curious: Was it the same for you, man?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
yup, exactly! I also did it it j to kind of prove to myself that you don't have to eat always.
I'm really glad I did it, changed my perspective on what is actually hunger and what is just a sensation that the body wants to have more bloodsugar. I'll definitely do it again!

The first 24hours were pure hell, though. Flu-like symptoms, strong joint pains, nausea and my piss smelled like pure poison.
After that it was almost back to normal. I'm curious: Was it the same for you, man?
I had none of those effects...I often go all day and eat a single meal at night though
just hit 35 hours of nothing but water and black coffee(the coffee just "filled me up" lol)