Fastlane: Official Thread and Discussion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
Worst PPV of the year. Vince will blame everyone else but he does this every year or has since Cena became number 1. Frustrating build up to mania then mania is supposed to right all the wrongs. Well I'm sorry Vince you fucked it up with Bryan by leaving it too late and what you're doing now with faces acting as heels and heels acting as a grey area is hurting the business. The crowd don't know who to cheer for. That's why the crowd is dead.

Why build Stauman up, why have Charlotte react like that in defeat? It makes us feel sorry for her she should have been raging and calling out Dana and been a huge diva. Goldberg I get I'm in the minority but I get that booking. Honestly the 205 guys were the only positive thing tonight and don't get me started on the bland news readers and back stage interviewers you call commentators zzzzzzzz.

Bring back the Brain and JR I want to feel something when I watch Pro wrestling.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
Goldberg's always been super. I imagine he will have a big fall against Brock at mania. Vince'S final nail in the coffin for WCW . He crossed Sting off he only has Goldberg to go now.

Psionic

The Bruiserweight of the MMAC
Mar 22, 2016
Predictable Vince booked garbage beside Bayley retaining and a botched Jericho cue by Kevin Dunn.

Useless retard garbage PPV.

Even Braun getting pinned clean that people thought might not occur was predictable by Vince's raging homosexual butt love for Samoans.
Joe v Sami was good, Tag match was good and so was the Cruiserweight title match. Stop acting like this was the worst ppv ever, you guys don't know what you're talking about. You marks are getting worse and worse. Sure, the main even sucked, and Charlotte shouldn't have lost the ppv streak at fastlane, and braun should've won. But, There have been wayyyyyyy worse ppv's before. Remember December to Dismember 2006? And also, it took a lot for Braun to lose. He's only the 3rd (i think) guy to kick out of roman's spear.The other two were Brock and Seth. It shows he took 2 spears, at least 2 super punches and missed the frog splash. This isn't the worst ppv. It's an okay one at worse. The undercard was really good. Nia lost, she's Samoan? You guys sometimes make me sick (marks, not you guys specifically). Sorry if that came across as rude, but it really bothered me.

Psionic

Mar 22, 2016
Worst PPV of the year. Vince will blame everyone else but he does this every year or has since Cena became number 1. Frustrating build up to mania then mania is supposed to right all the wrongs. Well I'm sorry Vince you fucked it up with Bryan by leaving it too late and what you're doing now with faces acting as heels and heels acting as a grey area is hurting the business. The crowd don't know who to cheer for. That's why the crowd is dead.

Why build Stauman up, why have Charlotte react like that in defeat? It makes us feel sorry for her she should have been raging and calling out Dana and been a huge diva. Goldberg I get I'm in the minority but I get that booking. Honestly the 205 guys were the only positive thing tonight and don't get me started on the bland news readers and back stage interviewers you call commentators zzzzzzzz.

Bring back the Brain and JR I want to feel something when I watch Pro wrestling.
The commentators are trash. Except for Corey.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Joe v Sami was good, Tag match was good and so was the Cruiserweight title match. Stop acting like this was the worst ppv ever, you guys don't know what you're talking about. You marks are getting worse and worse. Sure, the main even sucked, and Charlotte shouldn't have lost the ppv streak at fastlane, and braun should've won. But, There have been wayyyyyyy worse ppv's before. Remember December to Dismember 2006? And also, it took a lot for Braun to lose. He's only the 3rd (i think) guy to kick out of roman's spear.The other two were Brock and Seth. It shows he took 2 spears, at least 2 super punches and missed the frog splash. This isn't the worst ppv. It's an okay one at worse. The undercard was really good. Nia lost, she's Samoan? You guys sometimes make me sick (marks, not you guys specifically). Sorry if that came across as rude, but it really bothered me.
Mark? Lol k. Because I want the product to push booking suspense & the quality of work together in the obvious need and evolution of the industry?

If you can't get that, don't read what I write. This was predictable and good work is not enough in this business, it never has been, it's a symbiotic relationship between the work and the booking, and often the booking matters more. You can book bad wrestlers into interesting feuds, you cannot make the work matter on its own if you know who will win the vast majority of the time, suspense is the nature of competition's intrigue, real or scripted.

The event was shit, it is leading into a shitly booked wrestlemania. I never called it the worst either, it's up there with all the bad predictable PPV's Vince is responsible for, the rank of worst doesn't matter to me.

BOOK THIS PRODUCT BETTER. AJ STYLES WRESTLING SHANE IS AN ATROCITY OF BOOKING and if people on Sunday night after WM want to have lowered expectations still for a product that has been the equivalent of an abuse spouse lowering their faith in it, then that is their business, my standard for what is possible remains, I do not accept that this is good enough, I do not accept that the work overcomes bad booking, that is a fundamental reality of wrestling and how it gains and loses ratings and fans.

Last edited:

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
What the defenders of this product have become is Mad TV's lowered expectations, that's being a mark: knowing it is bad and then convincing yourself it isn't or that it's better than no WWE, which is not an argument and looking for concessions why pointing out it should be better is somehow pointless or bad violating the laws of the cult of forced positivity or whatever the reason is. Even so, I don't berate people for it because they like it, it is disrespectful to single people out for disagreeing in an offended manner I move on and state my own opinion on things in general. If someone challenges me as some kind of irrational problem, I will defend my opinion and fire back at them like now, this is NOT what they promised in a new era, this is nonsense that an old man who has contempt for his little personal ATM's and the reasons he is a billionaire thinks he needs to do to to balance a dying product and instead of changing it which takes risk, he'll let is slowly bleed to death.

I don't care if people like this product for whatever reason, I don't like it the booking and writing is abysmal, and I don't stand on a island, but I like enough people involved in this product to ride it out until that old codger finally kicks the bucket as morbid as it is to say, but shit like last night is trying my patience to the end of its wits.

The nutshell of the problem is the fact that the WM is card turning out to be the same one rumored months ago. How is that a good thing? Having WM's card be told to you before the Rumble is shooting the idea of suspense in the forehead and facefucking the hole.

Last edited:

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Why was Omega vs Okada a 6 star match?

-It was incredible work

-It was led into well, and the intros suited the moment

-People argued either could win up until the match and it legitimately made sense for either to win

=Ultimate Wrestling success formula, but if you only took the incredible work in a bubble and put it up against Hogan vs Warrior's build up to essentially garbage wrestling, people will mark out for Hogan vs Warrior 100/100 over 6 star work without the story because of the suspense of the booking. Now that you have 6 star workers, not feeding even HALF of what you gave Hogan and Warrior in terms of focused build up for any event is either INTENTIONAL (Ryback and other ex-worker's theory on not wanting stars anymore), or completely incompetent on Vince's part. Not to mention leaking plans to people like Meltzer and willfully sabotaging yourself.

Vince manages to have the first a lot now by no effort of his own other than having guys like AJ Sami, Cesaro, Seth etc on the roster and using them, the other two elements are non-existent as they cannot push faces AT ALL ANYMORE which means you have no support for one side in a feud most of the time and you cannot build proper suspense, it is not that difficult.

If achieving these things was very difficult, if it was out of reach of the WWE, if it was not financially viable or whatever legitimate reason, then people would not care to bitch and point out when they lazily cop out and do the minimum as a company, but the reality is that it is not rocket science when you have such amazing workers to put out there. It gives you better bullets in the gun, all you have to do is now dress that work up with a story that makes the moves and work psychology land and matter more.

That dead crowd last night for most of the event is not the fault of the crowd, it is the fault of the company booking policies, does anyone actually think, whether last night was or wasn't awful to you, that dead crowds so often is a good thing to keep having? That it is an unlimited leash with consumers?

I respect you differ in view, I respect that it bothers you that people shit on the whole when certain elements were good. My counter view is that it is not good enough, not nearly good enough, and it is disrespectful to the hard work of the this new era of worker to fail them so miserably in getting traction with the crowd to the point where they only cheer comedy heels and favourites of Vince losing.

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I can honestly say that was the worst PPV I've ever watched. Granted I haven't seen every PPV. I saw many, years and years ago, and I've seen every one since I got the Network (about 2.5 years ago) and that was by far the worst. The highlights of the show were the 3 or 4 really strong workers stealing the show. The main event was absolute garbage and that's a serious problem leading into Mania.

Psionic

Mar 22, 2016
I can honestly say that was the worst PPV I've ever watched. Granted I haven't seen every PPV. I saw many, years and years ago, and I've seen every one since I got the Network (about 2.5 years ago) and that was by far the worst. The highlights of the show were the 3 or 4 really strong workers stealing the show. The main event was absolute garbage and that's a serious problem leading into Mania.
What about December to Dismember? That was 1000 times worse than this. This wasn't good. You're correct with that. But there were worse PPV's and Main events. Ever see WrestleMania IX?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
WrestleMania IX? The one at Caesar's Palace? That was definitely better than last night. It also featured one of the Undertaker's 2 best entrances of all time:

Never saw Decemeber to Remember

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Worst, not worst, it's irrelevant really. There was a bunch last year that I think were more or less the same, most of it ruined going in, nothing interesting coming out.

Just some good work in a bubble. The business doesn't live on good work in a bubble. I'd rather not rank these, just like I wouldn't rank the dumps I take on a worst scale.

Psionic

Mar 22, 2016
WrestleMania IX? The one at Caesar's Palace? That was definitely better than last night. It also featured one of the Undertaker's 2 best entrances of all time:

Never saw Decemeber to Remember
Yeah, and he won by DQ after getting chloroformed by Giant Gonzales.
And Yokozuna beat Bret for the title dirty and Hogan came out and did the "I'm Hogan" card and wrestled Yoko and won. Definitely worse than Fastlane.