General Favorite youtube channels

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
deer meat for dinner, flair, weed em and reap, bama bass, paul cuffaro, ALL have ponds built by aquascape

my lottery dream is a huge natural recreational swim pond by aquascape. its a million dollar (usd) pond.

my retirement goal is a small/medium backyard pond, with fresh water fish that is self sustaining. with bait fish and predator fish that taste good.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
deer meat for dinner, flair, weed em and reap, bama bass, paul cuffaro, ALL have ponds built by aquascape

my lottery dream is a huge natural recreational swim pond by aquascape. its a million dollar (usd) pond.

my retirement goal is a small/medium backyard pond, with fresh water fish that is self sustaining. with bait fish and predator fish that taste good.
I've seen deer meat for dinner before. I love watching meat eater.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
I do like watching guga foods (mostly high end beef experiments), the bearded butchers (for learning about all kinds of protein), and american monster productions (robert obersts' channel).

Treadstone06

I got 2 words for ya...
Apr 20, 2015

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
what is it about that era of audio gear that makes it collectible?
Couple reasons.

For value it’s mainly guys that were into that equipment back then & couldn’t afford it. Now they can.

Second would be build quality. Most everything was made in the USA, is fully serviceable & lasts a really long time.

Third is arguably sound quality. Much more engineering money was spent on design & even more spent on quality components. Today most is made in the same Chinese & Korean build houses.

I still have Monolithic amplifiers from the 80’s that are going strong today.

That’s not to say there isn’t any quality gear out there today. You’ll just pay a premium for it as you would have back then.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Mark Felton Productions. WW1 WW2 Vietnam Korea war
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfCKvREB11-fxyotS1ONgww

JoergSprave . builds crazy slingshots , repeating bow crossbows . he is a weird german dude but he knows how to build shit

View: https://youtu.be/hQGPcnnCNZg?list=PLatfQctFfLCamNvbMIuQkynyuN89qMyFy
I posted Mark Felton earlier in this thread. I’ve been really enjoying his content lately. He covers some cool stuff. That’s definitely one I can binge on

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
i like backyard ponds. i like small farms/lots with self sustaining gardening and farming. i like catch, clean and cooks. the philippines.

i watch deer meat for dinner. hunting, fishing and outdoors : https://www.youtube.com/user/deermeatfordinner

i like flair. hunting, outdoor, farm life : - https://www.youtube.com/user/THEBASSB0YS

greg the pond guy. owner of aquascape, visiting backyard ponds : https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePondGuyAquascape

many other similar.

arms family homestead. small farm in oklahoma: https://www.youtube.com/user/DArms319
weed em and reap. backyard homestead in arizona: https://www.youtube.com/user/DaNelleWeedemandReap
bama bass. fisherman, aquariums, and back yard pond: https://www.youtube.com/user/russe048
becoming filipino, candian living in the country side of philippines : https://www.youtube.com/user/Jennermann
paul cuffaro. pond builder, small, city farm owner: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKFtfFitaK83yBc0rlg9m1A
my grandpa used to build ponds with his dozer...probably about 300 over the course of his life, most at least 2 acres in size.

When he passed, Pheasants Forever bought his farm and turned it in to a State Park.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
My son is obsessed (and actually quite sharp) with dinosaurs and paleontology, so we mostly watch videos on those topics. But I’ve seen some others, and I know what you mean about hit or miss.
my daughter LOVES paleontology!

do you have any suggestions?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Couple reasons.

For value it’s mainly guys that were into that equipment back then & couldn’t afford it. Now they can.

Second would be build quality. Most everything was made in the USA, is fully serviceable & lasts a really long time.

Third is arguably sound quality. Much more engineering money was spent on design & even more spent on quality components. Today most is made in the same Chinese & Korean build houses.

I still have Monolithic amplifiers from the 80’s that are going strong today.

That’s not to say there isn’t any quality gear out there today. You’ll just pay a premium for it as you would have back then.
the first two reasons make sense, especially the first one. Back then everything was hand-soldered US-made, which means parts are robust and the design is serviceable without a pick-n-place. :) Many years ago I did a study of computer PSUs and learned a lot more about discrete component designs and soldering types.

Seeing the Kicker amp takes me back to popping my buddies trunk in 1993. good times. loud cars and fast pussy.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I follow this guy. I don’t know about him, though.

View: https://youtu.be/okc3N9x6RNc
lol are you actually into any of the fantasy books/shows that i dig or were you just being friendly/funny? (this vodeo was embarassing. i was just pumped after seeing the 10 minute preview last night and rambled. and instead of saying the shit i meant to say (such as how i dont watch reviews nornally, but i actually watched one for shadow and bone by IGN who gave it an 8) and instead i started just rambled about my upcoming videos and collabs. whoopsies

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
lol are you actually into any of the fantasy books/shows that i dig or were you just being friendly/funny? (this vodeo was embarassing. i was just pumped after seeing the 10 minute preview last night and rambled. and instead of saying the shit i meant to say (such as how i dont watch reviews nornally, but i actually watched one for shadow and bone by IGN who gave it an 8) and instead i started just rambled about my upcoming videos and collabs. whoopsies
It was a mix of being funny since I opened YouTube and this came up at the top of my subs, and friendly because you have a successful channel and should be featured on this thread.
I’m late to the game with a lot of shows and stuff, so most of what you speak about I haven’t watched yet (or even know it exists), but you really love it, your passion is obvious, and that vibe is sometimes really contagious.

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
the first two reasons make sense, especially the first one. Back then everything was hand-soldered US-made, which means parts are robust and the design is serviceable without a pick-n-place. :) Many years ago I did a study of computer PSUs and learned a lot more about discrete component designs and soldering types.

Seeing the Kicker amp takes me back to popping my buddies trunk in 1993. good times. loud cars and fast pussy.
Yeah, strictly for value of components would be the first reason.

I included #3 as many/most mobile amps are class d designs nowadays. Early class d designs picked up a reputation for sounding horrible (think Alpine PDX) and that reputation has stuck with many older buyers. Back in the 80’s & 90’s class ab & very highly biased ab units were far more common. They were large & less efficient but sounded far superior to the early class d designs. That gap has been closed by the better class d designs today (think mmats) but still is argued vigorously on old school audio forums, hence my addition here.

The late 80’s through the 90’s were great times to be into cars. I had a built 66 Mustang for a hot rod & an Eldorado that competed in audio competitions. Fun times indeed.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
my daughter LOVES paleontology!

do you have any suggestions?
How old? Our son doesn't watch a ton of stuff on youtube so I don't know many kid channels, but he has always liked the "I'm a Dinosaur" channel. It's a cartoon, but loaded with various dino facts. Tons of episodes too, and they range from short 10 minute vids to longer 30-45 minutes. He's going to be 8 this summer, so he is kind of out growing that one now though. The Paleo PBS Eons are good for kids, but may be too much if too young.

Most of his learning has come from physical books, and I can share some of those if you are interested in grabbing some for your daughter.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
How old? Our son doesn't watch a ton of stuff on youtube so I don't know many kid channels, but he has always liked the "I'm a Dinosaur" channel. It's a cartoon, but loaded with various dino facts. Tons of episodes too, and they range from short 10 minute vids to longer 30-45 minutes. He's going to be 8 this summer, so he is kind of out growing that one now though. The Paleo PBS Eons are good for kids, but may be too much if too young.

Most of his learning has come from physical books, and I can share some of those if you are interested in grabbing some for your daughter.
she'll be 8 this summer, and we do lots of Dino-Science trips. We went to a museum and met Dr. Alex Hastings (the guy who first discovered the Titanoboa), and he described paleontology as Biology + Geology. Since then, we've done a lot more "biology" or "geology" trips. She wants to move to Wyoming so we can hunt fossils.

Unfortunately for her, I've actually been to Wyoming.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
she'll be 8 this summer, and we do lots of Dino-Science trips. We went to a museum and met Dr. Alex Hastings (the guy who first discovered the Titanoboa), and he described paleontology as Biology + Geology. Since then, we've done a lot more "biology" or "geology" trips. She wants to move to Wyoming so we can hunt fossils.

Unfortunately for her, I've actually been to Wyoming.
That's awesome. We have done some similar trips while we're travelling to Colorado or Utah, we take the time to go to some places where he can learn about what fossils are found in those areas. We have a park here that has about 50 full scale/size dinosaur statues. They are spread out along a trail, so you run into to them as you keep walking along through the woods. It's pretty cool for the kids to see how big some of them were, and we've had 3 of his birthday parties there.

At 7/almost 8, your daughter may still dig the I'm a Dinosaur channel. My son literally memorizes all the facts he learns on there. I've always been blown away at how much information he retains about paleo and biology. It's been really cool to watch, and it's one of those things we've just continued to feed to him. Many of his dino books are getting worn out, he just pours through them over and over. I took two college level paleo classes while I was getting my first geology degree, and I'm pretty sure this kid knows more about paleo than me haha

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The late 80’s through the 90’s were great times to be into cars. I had a built 66 Mustang for a hot rod & an Eldorado that competed in audio competitions. Fun times indeed.
i'm pretty convinced that if audiophiles actually exist, they're a lot more rare than the 'audiophile' genre. :)

preach it on cars. Crazy to think that 17 yos were rolling around with a built big block in Dodge Dart or a Honda Accord hatchback with a competition-level stereo that they assembled on their own money.

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
i'm pretty convinced that if audiophiles actually exist, they're a lot more rare than the 'audiophile' genre. :)

preach it on cars. Crazy to think that 17 yos were rolling around with a built big block in Dodge Dart or a Honda Accord hatchback with a competition-level stereo that they assembled on their own money.
Yeah I grew up in the country. Started mowing lawns for cash at 12. Grandfather let me use one of the ranch trucks as I had to mow his & my moms lawn for "free" every weekend. Decided to pickup customers in between the two. By the time I was 14, I was making $200 every weekend but busting my ass doing it as these lawns were 3-5 acres a piece. Never got into video games or other stuff. Just played sports, worked on the ranches & earned enough money to have fun later in HS.

As far as audiophiles, I mostly agree. Once you are able to experience a proper 2ch home stereo or a good car with a nice DSP tune, it'll surprise you.

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
Did you subscribe to any new channels because of this thread?

I added mark Felton, but haven't had the time to watch yet.

And pbs eons. That one is great, wish I had it during the lockdown

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Dark Docs does some interesting videos, tales from the history of warfare.

This one is a good example, it's about the time during WW1 that British forces tunneled under the German lines and set off a load of mines near Messines in Belgium. Apparently the blasts could be heard in London, and over 10,000 German soldiers were killed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4FCXbzlaPE

Dark Docs is part of a collection of channels, each with a slightly different historical focus, but presented in a similar manner and narrated by the same guy. They seem to be well researched and are usually well worth a watch.

Dark Skies is about aviation history:

Dark Space is mostly about the space race:

Dark Files goes into the history behind some amazing photos:

Dark Footage is similar, delving into the stories behind amazing or interesting videos:

Dark5 is for the ADD generation, some amazing stuff presented in a "top 5" list. Good if you only have a few mins to spare: