Society 'Fed up' family let 11-year-old drive, to get him off Grand Theft Auto: police

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
An 11-year-old boy was pulled over while driving a car around an English parking lot, police say, after his family became “fed up with the child playing Grand Theft Auto all day.”

The child was found behind the wheel of a red Vauxhall Astra in the seaside town of Blackpool, England.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I live more towards the countryside. One place we take the kids has a huge grass field for a carpark. I let them drive my car around at the other end, away from the other cars. They have to sit on my lap cos they can't reach the pedals.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I live more towards the countryside. One place we take the kids has a huge grass field for a carpark. I let them drive my car around at the other end, away from the other cars. They have to sit on my lap cos they can't reach the pedals.
Doesn't putting a kid on your lap take them further away from the pedals?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yes, for them to see over the dashboard, they have to be raised away from the pedals. I have to use the pedals for them.
I was learning to snow/ice drive before i could reach the pedals, on my dad's lap.

A good skill that is instinctual for me at this point.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Yes, for them to see over the dashboard, they have to be raised away from the pedals. I have to use the pedals for them.
Think 5 year old me may have done a similar thing on army not illegal property in Sandhurst.
Passed my driving test first time but fuck knows how. I was better at 5 I reckon.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
meh. I was driving legally on public roads when I was 12.
illegally for awhile before that.