Fedor’s motivation for entering the Bellator Grand Prix is simple: ‘It’s fun’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Considered one of the all-time greats of mixed martial arts, Fedor Emelianenko is gearing up to compete in Bellator’s heavyweight tournament, mostly for the joy of fighting.

Sometimes motivations really are that simple. Fighters often talk of their goals with determination. They want to win titles, become legends, make a lot of money (that one may be more internal than vocalized). But rip away all those things – or in the case of Fedor Emelianenko, accomplish them – and the underlying reasoning is often much more down to earth.

“He likes to fight. He likes to compete. It’s fun,” Fedor’s interpreter told MMA fighting in a recent interview, paraphrasing the combat sports great’s thoughts on why he was entering the Bellator heavyweight grand prix.

“He likes the tournament format,”…

Fedor’s motivation for entering the Bellator Grand Prix is simple: ‘It’s fun’

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
it is weird to see fedor in a suit in tie it reminds me of rocky 3 fedor has rocky 3'd himself

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
It's not fun. Fedor's interpreter has a rifle pointed at him offstage when he translates these things.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Im glad it’s fun for him. I just hope it is fun for us. Seeing one of the greatest fighters ever get KO’d by Meathead in short order, was not fun for me. I think Mir is more on his level, so it could be a good scrap. Still, I don’t want to see the shell of a great fighter if they are no longer competitive.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Fedor must love brain damage.

He actually has taken a lot less damage than most heavies his age. I know in the Mitrione and Fabio fightgs he took damage, and he was ko'd by Hendo and nasty gnp by Big Foot. But overall, he actually has taken way less damage than guys like Arlovski, Overeem,Werdum,BigFoot etc....

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He actually has taken a lot less damage than most heavies his age. I know in the Mitrione and Fabio fightgs he took damage, and he was ko'd by Hendo and nasty gnp by Big Foot. But overall, he actually has taken way less damage than guys like Arlovski, Overeem,Werdum,BigFoot etc....
Well he fights a lot worse off for it. Maybe he needed to take more damage to toughen him up in his older years

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Well he fights a lot worse off for it. Maybe he needed to take more damage to toughen him up in his older years

With Fedor it is all about motivation. There is a stark difference between Fedor the Machine, during his run, where only thing that mattered to him was MMA, that guy was unbeatable at that time. Then Fedor found God, probably became a lot happier but he put no where near the same focus or care into training that he did before. Also, once you get past 36 or so, even if you have not been ko'd a lot you simply can't take the same shots you did when you where younger.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Can you imagine the very real and terrifying possibility, that Chael Sonnen could hump Fedor to a decision to win this thing? *shudders*

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Can you imagine the very real and terrifying possibility, that Chael Sonnen could hump Fedor to a decision to win this thing? *shudders*
*holds hands over ears and eyes*
LALALALALAAAAALALAAAA I can't hear or think anything LALAALAAAAA

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Also the most damage he ever really took was against bigfoot. That guy just pounded on him from mount :eek:o_O.
I'd say Maldonado. Starched against Henderson (watch him try and sit on his stool). Bigfoot, 'nuff said.

This is, of course, not counting the gym wars he's been in since early 2000s training. If he's getting rocked by the likes of Maldonado, he's probably getting flatlined in the gym.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I'd say Maldonado. Starched against Henderson (watch him try and sit on his stool). Bigfoot, 'nuff said.

This is, of course, not counting the gym wars he's been in since early 2000s training. If he's getting rocked by the likes of Maldonado, he's probably getting flatlined in the gym.
Shit i forgot about Maldonado and Hendo.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Like a lot of fighters, I think he just loves to compete.
It's true.
We just love the competition.
It's just for love of the game we do this, and we're gonna keep on doing it until we're tired of it or our bodies stop doing what our brain's are telling us to do.
We'll quit when we feel the time is right...

for us.