Fedor coming back for 1-3 fights, ufc doesn't respect fighters

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Kinosis

May 26, 2015
They mentioned on the Fedor special that he said he was interested in coming back for a fight. He was asked, just one? and he said well maybe 2 or 3. Of course he could have more but it will probably depend on how he feels.

I would like to see him fight Roger Gracie on NYE in Japan. Then Randy Couture in Bellator. During that time other fighters contracts will open up and I'd like to see him rematch Bigfoot or Dan Henderson in Rizin in August. I would be happy with that career end. Though if he could also rematch Werdum and whichever guy he didn't fight before (Henderson or Bigfoot) I would love that as well.

It doesn't sound like he would go to the ufc as he mentioned they need to learn to respect their fighters on the show.

Kinosis

May 26, 2015
If I could pick his career and get him to come back for say 6 or 7 fights I'd line it up like this:

1. Roger Gracie or Blagoy Ivanov
2. Randy Couture
3. Dan Henderson
4. Bigfoot
5. Bobby Lashley or Kongo
6. Werdum

Last edited:

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
His legacy is already set. I just look forward to seeing him fight again.

If I could pick, I'd line up-

Kongo
Lashley
Minakov
Bigfoot

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
I'm to the point where instead of dying to see him in the UFC, I'd rather see him fight for Coker in Bellator and would just hope to see some of their guys come over to fight him.

Jonny Quest

Adventurer
Feb 12, 2015
Ive always just wanted to see him and Randy, but I doubt that will ever happen now. Who knows though.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
They mentioned on the Fedor special that he said he was interested in coming back for a fight. He was asked, just one? and he said well maybe 2 or 3. Of course he could have more but it will probably depend on how he feels.

I would like to see him fight Roger Gracie on NYE in Japan. Then Randy Couture in Bellator. During that time other fighters contracts will open up and I'd like to see him rematch Bigfoot or Dan Henderson in Rizin in August. I would be happy with that career end. Though if he could also rematch Werdum and whichever guy he didn't fight before (Henderson or Bigfoot) I would love that as well.

It doesn't sound like he would go to the ufc as he mentioned they need to learn to respect their fighters on the show.
The thing with Fedor is no different that with Cyborg. The so called "hardcore" fans who critizize then because they arent in the UFC tend to over look the rest of the world that dont really care if they are in the UFC. Its about sitting back watching them fight. I think Fedor will be just fine fighting the way he likes to.

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
I believe a fight with Couture is technically possible, it's just at this point in his career I would hope Randy stays retired.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You gotta respect Fedor for never putting money ahead of his convictions. He could have signed with Zuffa twice for big $$ but said fuck you because you treat fighters like a commodity. It was never about Fedor being scared to fight anyone on the UFC's rosters. That's laughable. It was always about him not giving Zuffa the satisfaction.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
You gotta respect Fedor for never putting money ahead of his convictions. He could have signed with Zuffa twice for big $$ but said fuck you because you treat fighters like a commodity. It was never about Fedor being scared to fight anyone on the UFC's rosters. That's laughable. It was always about him not giving Zuffa the satisfaction.
Woah, lets not rewrite history. If UFC had given into their crazy demands (becoming 50/50 partners with M1, signing a bunch of other Red Devil/M1 guys, building an arena in Russia, ect), Fedor would have had no problem fighting for the UFC. It was never about convictions. Vadim and Fedor priced themselves out of the UFC, then Fedor's value went to shit when Werdum, Silva and Hendo destroyed him.

And that was well before all the Reebok deal happened, and well before fighters were coming out and talking about shitty treatment in the UFC.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Fuck that I want a tune up fight then werdum or cain. Arlovski came back. Fedor was and I still beleive better than he ever was. Fuck these smaller scale events I want to see him in the big time

TalkingLeaf

Nov 4, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if Randy was still under contract with the UFC. Retiring with fights left on the contract probably just freezes it, and if you come back to fight again, the contract unfreezes. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

TalkingLeaf

Nov 4, 2015
This is from the Eddie Alvarez contract with the UFC. I need a smarter guy to interpret it for me, lol, but it sounds like if you retire under Zuffa, they can suspend your contract for the retirement period and hold you to the contract if you "unretire".

9.3 If at any time during the Term, Fighter decides to retire from mixed martial arts or other professional fighting competition or is permanently disabled, then ZUFFA may, at its election, (i) suspend the Term for the period of such retirement or disability; (ii) declare that ZUFFA has satisfied its obligation to promote all future Bouts to be promoted by ZUFFA hereunder, without any compensation due to Fighter therefor; or (iii) elect to provide Fighter with notice of an Acceleration.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Woah, lets not rewrite history. If UFC had given into their crazy demands (becoming 50/50 partners with M1, signing a bunch of other Red Devil/M1 guys, building an arena in Russia, ect), Fedor would have had no problem fighting for the UFC. It was never about convictions. Vadim and Fedor priced themselves out of the UFC, then Fedor's value went to shit when Werdum, Silva and Hendo destroyed him.

And that was well before all the Reebok deal happened, and well before fighters were coming out and talking about shitty treatment in the UFC.
We dont know the details of the negotiations, to be honest. Maybe you're right. But maybe Fedor just decided these weren't people he wanted to fight for too.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This is from the Eddie Alvarez contract with the UFC. I need a smarter guy to interpret it for me, lol, but it sounds like if you retire under Zuffa, they can suspend your contract for the retirement period and hold you to the contract if you "unretire".

9.3 If at any time during the Term, Fighter decides to retire from mixed martial arts or other professional fighting competition or is permanently disabled, then ZUFFA may, at its election, (i) suspend the Term for the period of such retirement or disability; (ii) declare that ZUFFA has satisfied its obligation to promote all future Bouts to be promoted by ZUFFA hereunder, without any compensation due to Fighter therefor; or (iii) elect to provide Fighter with notice of an Acceleration.
Means they can suspend a fighters contract, which may include being compensated for media appearances, signings, etc. So basically, the contract is frozen forever, or until the fighters chooses to return. That's the way I read it anyway. ErikMagraken @ErikMagraken?

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
Means they can suspend a fighters contract, which may include being compensated for media appearances, signings, etc. So basically, the contract is frozen forever, or until the fighters chooses to return. That's the way I read it anyway. ErikMagraken @ErikMagraken?
So that would mean Randy Couture, BJ Penn, Wanderlei Silva, Mirko Cro Cop and Chael Sonnen are all essentially in limbo, right??

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
So who the fuck is Fedor fighting in 3 weeks? Has there been any sort of announcement?

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
We dont know the details of the negotiations, to be honest. Maybe you're right. But maybe Fedor just decided these weren't people he wanted to fight for too.
If you don't want to fight for someone, you don't negotiate with them at all. To do so suggests that there is a price you will accept, so that's really not putting convictions over money.

Don't really have any reason to doubt the co-promotion demand, as it was a stipulation in the deal they made with Strikeforce.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If you don't want to fight for someone, you don't negotiate with them at all. To do so suggests that there is a price you will accept, so that's really not putting convictions over money.

Don't really have any reason to doubt the co-promotion demand, as it was a stipulation in the deal they made with Strikeforce.
Maybe he didn't realize they were people he didn't want to do business with, until he sat down with them and saw firsthand how they operate.

ErikMagraken

Posting Machine
Apr 9, 2015
Basically means that the fighters contact is frozen while 'retired'. If and when said fighter unretires the contract picks up where it left off.