Fedor confirms he will fight again

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
He just said at the post fight conference that he will fight again "because he is a fighter"

Looks like the sonnen fight might actually happen

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
Sad. I hope his wife puts some sense into him. His heart might still be that of a fighter but his chin is that of a retired fighter.

T

The Big Guy

Only against chael. Thats a horrible matchup for chael and i love seeing fedor smash teamquest cheaters

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Sad. I hope his wife puts some sense into him. His heart might still be that of a fighter but his chin is that of a retired fighter.
Yeah his chin is gone. The Fedor of 10 years ago would have walked thru any of the shots he's fallen to over the past couple of years.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
Yeah his chin is gone. The Fedor of 10 years ago would have walked thru any of the shots he's fallen to over the past couple of years.
I begin to wonder if the pounding he received from Bigfoot messed with his equilibrium or something.

The first punch he received from Maldonado -> knockdown
The first punch he received from Mitrione -> knockdown
Even when he tried to climb the scale during the weigh ins he almost fell.

Prime Fedor was eating Crocop punches and it was like someone was touching him with a feather. Now a punch from Maldonado sends him to the ground. Something is way wrong and I hope his family brings him to his senses.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
Agreed. I wanna see BJ lick the gloves tonight too. But sometimes these guys dont know when to walk away. Seeing Fedor and BJ lose the same weekend will be rough if it happens.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I begin to wonder if the pounding he received from Bigfoot messed with his equilibrium or something.

Prime Fedor was eating Crocop punches and it was like someone was touching him with a feather. Now a punch from Maldonado sends him to the ground. Something is way wrong and I hope his family brings him to his senses.
Yeah I guess it's possible. He took a serious beating from Bigfoot. He's never been the same since that fight. Like you said, he used to walk thru shots by guys a hell of a lot heavier hitters than fucking Maldanado and Mitrione.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Fedor's whole defense was built around rolling with punches. If your reaction time slows even a little, you end up eating the punches, which sadly he's doing now. If he has one last fight, he needs a soft puncher. Chael would do. Bisping would be better.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Father Time wins every time. This is a young mans sport, only a few can stay competitive at the top level beyond the standard range of peak years.

I loved Fedor when the Pride heyday was current. But man, his chin is shot, whether it's from the Bigfoot fight, gym wars, or whatever abuse his dome has taken. His chin has been easier to touch too. Just looks slower and weaker, and not remotely close to the old Fedor. I'm sure he trains and does fight camp preparation, but it almost appears as if he doesn't.

I don't really want to see him fight anymore, the last few have been rough. Hope he retires and enjoys life. No reason or need to take any more damage. He can find some other way to be competitive if he has that drive still.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016

Maldonado hit him with the perfect counter on the right spot, and fedor was coming forward. That same punch drops a lot of fighters or at least rocks them. It's not like Fedor was being unpredictable with his strikes. He was in brawling mode when Maldonado timed him with the right hook.