VID Fedor: In talks w/ UFC, would like Werdum rematch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
good interview .it aint gonna happen though.fedor wont fight in the ufc unless they make serious concessions they arent willing to make.he would probably want to bring all his young fighters and have them fight on the same card as him.he would only want a 1 fight contract and that wont ever happen.the ufc wouldnt want to take the chance that fedor comes in and beats werdum in a rematch and deeks back to russia and retires.it would make him lineal champ forever lol.i would like to see a rematch against dan hendo though.fedor can avenge his loss to non trt hendo and bigfoot.werdum has gotten better since their fight bigfoot and hendo have declined sharply

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
He's going to keep dangling the carrot every chance he gets just to make dana lose his mind. Dana fucked this whole thing up a long time ago.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
yea right fuck out of here. no chance in hell Fedor signs with the UFC

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
He's going to keep dangling the carrot every chance he gets just to make dana lose his mind. Dana fucked this whole thing up a long time ago.
Fedor is just as much to blame. I don't blame UFC for not wanting to co-promote with an unknown company.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Fedor is just as much to blame. I don't blame UFC for not wanting to co-promote with an unknown company.
Equally to blame? There is only one sided contracts with the ufc, and the fighters have nothing they can do about it. You honestly think co-promotion was the only speedup in the road? Fedor is a hot commodity, so he has no reason to get involved in a one sided contract when he can do as he pleases elsewhere.

M

member 3289

You honestly think co-promotion was the only speedup in the road?
It was when Vadim was doing the negotiating.

Fedor is a hot commodity
More delirium from Fedor fans. No, he's not a hot commodity. A lot of hardcore fans who like to post ridiculous hyperbole on internet forums like him, but do casuals even know who he is? Does Bellator want him?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
It was when Vadim was doing the negotiating.

More delirium from Fedor fans. No, he's not a hot commodity. A lot of hardcore fans who like to post ridiculous hyperbole on internet forums like him, but do casuals even know who he is? Does Bellator want him?
Yes, Bellator would love to have him, as would any mma organization in the world. Don't kid yourself.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
Equally to blame? There is only one sided contracts with the ufc, and the fighters have nothing they can do about it. You honestly think co-promotion was the only speedup in the road? Fedor is a hot commodity, so he has no reason to get involved in a one sided contract when he can do as he pleases elsewhere.
of course the contracts are fucked up. That's the system we have right now. If you think it should have changed overnight just for one fighter, then you should think again, because then the whole system of one-sided contracts should have changed for all the fighters, not just fedor.

If you blame dana because the UFC wasn't going to give fedor a completely different contract than they did to their 300 other already employed fighters, then I dont know what to tell you.

Also Fedor aligned with someone like vadim who isn't exactly a saint himself. Vadim was quoted many times saying that the deal was not going to ever happen unless co-promotion took place, so that was one bigass speedbump in the road. Name one other fighter who wanted copromotion in order to sign with the ufc

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
The last fight he had on Spike a few months ago got a whopping 50k viewers (thats......50k).

Hes never had a ppv fight get over 100k buys. Nobody I know who watches MMA knows what a Fedor is. I have to explain that hes that Russian guy that got KO'd by Hendo and that jogs their memory a little bit.

Hes just not a draw in the states or anywhere pretty much outside of Russia or Japan.

I love Fedor as much as the next guy but hes better off fighting in Japan where the competition is easier and he can collect easy paychecks and this false aura of his invincibility can stay intact.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
The last fight he had on Spike a few months ago got a whopping 50k viewers (thats......50k).

Hes never had a ppv fight get over 100k buys. Nobody I know who watches MMA knows what a Fedor is. I have to explain that hes that Russian guy that got KO'd by Hendo and that jogs their memory a little bit.

Hes just not a draw in the states or anywhere pretty much outside of Russia or Japan.

I love Fedor as much as the next guy but hes better off fighting in Japan where the competition is easier and he can collect easy paychecks and this false aura of his invincibility can stay intact.
Based on this logic he (and ggg if you are really trying to go there) is worth $5k/$5k. Why would the ufc even attempt to sign him (time and time again)?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
of course the contracts are fucked up. That's the system we have right now. If you think it should have changed overnight just for one fighter, then you should think again, because then the whole system of one-sided contracts should have changed for all the fighters, not just fedor.

If you blame dana because the UFC wasn't going to give fedor a completely different contract than they did to their 300 other already employed fighters, then I dont know what to tell you.

Also Fedor aligned with someone like vadim who isn't exactly a saint himself. Vadim was quoted many times saying that the deal was not going to ever happen unless co-promotion took place, so that was one bigass speedbump in the road. Name one other fighter who wanted copromotion in order to sign with the ufc
Fedor has zero problem getting organizations to sign him. Fedor gets what fedor wants. Pretty simple.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Fedor has zero problem getting organizations to sign him. Fedor gets what fedor wants. Pretty simple.
yup, and he got Jeff Monson, Satoshi Ishii, Pedro Rizzo and Jaideep Singh!!!!!!!!

he is ready for UFC HW Champion Fabricio Werdum in an instant title shot, clearly.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

50k views at 7 am on a thursday

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
50k views at 7 am on a thursday
It definitely wasnt shown at the best time but that was also at 10am on the west coast. Most people had the day off from work since it was new years.

3am infomercials on the Lifetime network pulls better ratings than that.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
if they signed fedor and gave him 10% of the promotional push they gave conor he would be the hugest thing that the ufc has ever seen. almost everything he has done up to this point has been little to no promotion and fans staying up till 3 am to watch him fight with russian/japanese commentary.fedor made more to fight jaideep singh than most ufc fighters make in their entire careers.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It definitely wasnt shown at the best time but that was also at 10am on the west coast. Most people had the day off from work since it was new years.

3am infomercials on the Lifetime network pulls better ratings than that.
it was the day before new years .japan is one day ahead