VID Fedor: In talks w/ UFC, would like Werdum rematch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Fedor beats 6 UFC champs and he's a can...

Ronda beats an Olympian and boxing champ and she's GOAT....

seems legit.
Fedor is ducking the 3 fighters in the UFC that beat him - Werdum, Hendo and Bigfoot. Everyone knows he didn't sign with the UFC when he came back because the competition was a lot tougher. It had nothing to do with money and everything to do with easy money.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Fedor is ducking the 3 fighters in the UFC that beat him - Werdum, Hendo and Bigfoot. Everyone knows he didn't sign with the UFC when he came back because the competition was a lot tougher. It had nothing to do with money and everything to do with easy money.
The nerve of some people right?

Edit: Forgot to add the pursuit of Gina... Hasn't fought since 09 and coming off a loss, you wanna talk about easy money?

P

Punch

:) and once someone who can't articulate an actual opinion chooses to respond with a stupid gif.
A picture's worth a thousand words, so what's a gif worth? I respond with gifs all the time. Pretty sure the truncated version is, "Some fans are ignorant." Which is a true statement. Doesn't make them dumb, or their opinion wrong; Just unaware. Please correct me if i missed the point you were making La Paix @BirdWatcher.

P

Punch

It's interpretive art. So much is being said in this classic if you're keen enough to hear it. The short version is the fan base you described is mainly people like that guy, the majority of the Western world who tune in for Ronda and Conor because they're told they are superheros and believe it.
Nvm, you already did. Thanks homie.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I loved Fedor back in the day and if he ever decides to fight real competition again I'll watch. Whether that's in the UFC, Bellator, Rizin, or in a field in the middle of Russia I don't really care. But if he's going to continue fighting I'd prefer it to be against challengers that can actually challenge him.

Until then, I'll continue to settle for gifs of him finishing off his victims instead of trying to figure out what stream or channel I have to find in order to watch him beat the Singhs of the world.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'm as sick of seeing this headline as I am seeing "This could be the year for legal MMA in NY." We're 1/2 this year. Make it happen, Dana, and all will be forgiven.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I'm as sick of seeing this headline as I am seeing "This could be the year for legal MMA in NY." We're 1/2 this year. Make it happen, Dana, and all will be forgiven.
Agreed.

I think a lot of people are viewing "Fedor in talks with the UFC" like they did when it was "Brett Favre to make decision on retirement soon"...

If it's going to happen then just make it happen and shut up about it. If Fedor is going to fight and be serious about it then great, if he's going to retire then great, but just make a damned decision already.

Oct 24, 2015

Never seen him complain about 5 lbs, never seen him make excuses about losing a fight, never seen him complain about people on PEDs. Always respectful, always a warrior. You guys complain about him not take challenging opponents for not signing to the UFC on a shit contract, I don't fault him taking a bigger paycheck somewhere else. On top of that fighting in front of Japanese fans, some in not the most respectful fans in the world. How many of you would take a drastic pay cut work for a dickhead of a boss that throws employees under the bus while putting your body on the line for some people that don't know about mma and only know the hype the UFC promotes? If the UFC was as legit as people say Frankie would get a title shot, Ronda would need to work herself to a title shot after getting KOed and rankings would mean something.

P

Punch

Never seen him complain about 5 lbs, never seen him make excuses about losing a fight, never seen him complain about people on PEDs. Always respectful, always a warrior. You guys complain about him not take challenging opponents for not signing to the UFC on a shit contract, I don't fault him taking a bigger paycheck somewhere else. On top of that fighting in front of Japanese fans, some in not the most respectful fans in the world. How many of you would take a drastic pay cut work for a dickhead of a boss that throws employees under the bus while putting your body on the line for some people that don't know about mma and only know the hype the UFC promotes? If the UFC was as legit as people say Frankie would get a title shot, Ronda would need to work herself to a title shot after getting KOed and rankings would mean something.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
We're coming up on almost 10 years since Pride died and yet nearly everyone but Fedor who was a star in Pride has fought in the UFC. Everyone blames different people for why he hasn't fought there (Dana, Fink, Fedor himself) and yet almost all his peers somehow got a deal done.

Fedor's fans then try to rationalize why he's somehow unique and doesn't need the UFC. Meanwhile, Fedor embarrasses these same fans by going public with comments about wanting to avenge the Werdum loss (which is only possible if he's in the UFC) and then not long after that, he's back in Japan fighting a squash match. And if you bring this incredibly weird situation up to Fedor fans, you're labeled a Fedor hater, even if you aren't. It's a joke.

M

member 3289

Fedor is 0-3 in his last 3 fights in the U.S.

Paying him anything above 60/60 would be too much

M

member 3289

We're coming up on almost 10 years since Pride died and yet nearly everyone but Fedor who was a star in Pride has fought in the UFC. Everyone blames different people for why he hasn't fought there (Dana, Fink, Fedor himself) and yet almost all his peers somehow got a deal done.

Fedor's fans then try to rationalize why he's somehow unique and doesn't need the UFC. Meanwhile, Fedor embarrasses these same fans by going public with comments about wanting to avenge the Werdum loss (which is only possible if he's in the UFC) and then not long after that, he's back in Japan fighting a squash match. And if you bring this incredibly weird situation up to Fedor fans, you're labeled a Fedor hater, even if you aren't. It's a joke.
Seriously. I thought BJ Penn fans were bad. I even admit that sometimes my fellow Nick Diaz fans and I are not the most rational bunch.

But Fedor fans take the cake. Fedor is the GOAT even though he peaked at 32, hasn't fought a top 10 opponent in 5 years, and has lost his last 3 fights in the US.

And if you deny any of that, or even suggest otherwise, you're attacked for being a hater/noob who knows nothing about the sport.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Fedor is 0-3 in his last 3 fights in the U.S.

Fedor Nick Diaz is 0-3 in his last 3 fights in the U.S.

I'm being sarcastic but you get the point. And yes I know 1 was in Canada, doesn't matter.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

One of the few posts on the matter that makes sense for an argument against his actions, nice work.

M

member 3289

Fedor Nick Diaz is 0-3 in his last 3 fights in the U.S.

Nick Diaz's last two PPV's he headlined did 800k and 1 million buys, respectively.
Fedor hasn't done over 100k buys ever.

Needle movers get paid, and a needle mover Fedor is not.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

Yes!

Also, a redirect towards Ronda or Conor or any other fighter du jour doesn't actually strengthen their argument. Just because I'm tired of Fedor talking about wanting to fight the best and then opting to fight Monson, Rizzo, and Singh doesn't mean that I excuse the way that Ronda was fed to us as the greatest thing to ever grace a fight sport and then matched up against Bethe. They're unrelated situations.

If Fedor wants to fight then I'm all for it. But I only care about great fighters fighting great opposition. If Nick Diaz or Frankie Edgar or Luke Rockhold were fighting complete nobodies or old guys that should have retired then I wouldn't care about that either. Just be honest. If he's just fighting because he misses the action and wants a pay day then so be it. But don't bring up fighting a champion if you're not actually going to do it, especially when you're no longer in a position (due to the layoff, the losses, and the lacklustre opponents since) to make as strong of demands.

Fedor is one of the best to ever fight and deserves to be compensated accordingly but no organization should have to give in to any demands for him at this point that they wouldn't give to other fighters. Likewise, he doesn't have to accept a shit offer from any organizations. If he wants the UFC to bend to him at this point then he should be actively going after the best available fighters that he can get his hands on. Hell, since Rizin works with Bellator... Throw him in with Rampage. That would make a lot of noise and get some eyes on him again. Get the casuals back on board and then tell the the UFC to pay up or to kiss his ass.

P

Punch

Yes!

Also, a redirect towards Ronda or Conor or any other fighter du jour doesn't actually strengthen their argument. Just because I'm tired of Fedor talking about wanting to fight the best and then opting to fight Monson, Rizzo, and Singh doesn't mean that I excuse the way that Ronda was fed to us as the greatest thing to ever grace a fight sport and then matched up against Bethe. They're unrelated situations.

If Fedor wants to fight then I'm all for it. But I only care about great fighters fighting great opposition. If Nick Diaz or Frankie Edgar or Luke Rockhold were fighting complete nobodies or old guys that should have retired then I wouldn't care about that either. Just be honest. If he's just fighting because he misses the action and wants a pay day then so be it. But don't bring up fighting a champion if you're not actually going to do it, especially when you're no longer in a position (due to the layoff, the losses, and the lacklustre opponents since) to make as strong of demands.

Fedor is one of the best to ever fight and deserves to be compensated accordingly but no organization should have to give in to any demands for him at this point that they wouldn't give to other fighters. Likewise, he doesn't have to accept a shit offer from any organizations. If he wants the UFC to bend to him at this point then he should be actively going after the best available fighters that he can get his hands on. Hell, since Rizin works with Bellator... Throw him in with Rampage. That would make a lot of noise and get some eyes on him again. Get the casuals back on board and then tell the the UFC to pay up or to kiss his ass.
I like the more objective viewpoint such as one like this.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yes!

Solid post

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

they got a deal done to fight for 20k/20k while fedor is fighting in affliction for 1 million dollars and strikeforce for 300k and co-promotion