VID Fedor: In talks w/ UFC, would like Werdum rematch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
with the rumors that ufc is looking to sell, they might actually bite the bullet and get Fedor for real this time

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Edit: Forgot to add the pursuit of Gina... Hasn't fought since 09 and coming off a loss, you wanna talk about easy money?
Ronda has repeatedly said Gina is the reason she got into mma. If the opportunity to fight her idol presented itself she was going to take it, as anyone else would. It had nothing to do with pushing for an easy fight.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
We're coming up on almost 10 years since Pride died and yet nearly everyone but Fedor who was a star in Pride has fought in the UFC. Everyone blames different people for why he hasn't fought there (Dana, Fink, Fedor himself) and yet almost all his peers somehow got a deal done.

Fedor's fans then try to rationalize why he's somehow unique and doesn't need the UFC. Meanwhile, Fedor embarrasses these same fans by going public with comments about wanting to avenge the Werdum loss (which is only possible if he's in the UFC) and then not long after that, he's back in Japan fighting a squash match. And if you bring this incredibly weird situation up to Fedor fans, you're labeled a Fedor hater, even if you aren't. It's a joke.
Before I respond directly to your post, I will first post this:

This interview took place in a youth forum in Russia right after Fedor announced he's coming back. Back then I was at the shillfested UG, and touch had translated some important parts. In this interview he said very clearly: I've been away from the sport for 3 years, so first I will take two tune-up fights, one in Japan and perhaps one in Russia and then I will move to the US.

So far he is doing exactly as he said he would do. Those who hate him for taking the tune-up fights have either never fought in their entire life (or done sports at all) or they're younger than 20 years old and have no clue what 3 years away from a sport might do to you.

As for you Fade to black, I don't know if you are a Fedor hater or not, but I will say this. When the other Pride stars went to the ufc, Fedor and some other Pride stars went to other orgs like Affliction and Strikeforce. Josh Barnett - and whatever fuckery took place behind the scenes - brought down Affliction. If you want to look at how legitimate Strikeforce was, take a look at the current ufc champions list. What happened then was that Fedor, sadly, became old, never went the TRT route, had a really bad year and went 0-3. At the same time the ufc eliminated the competition like every scum organization on this earth knows best... by buying their competition out.

Due to the shitty relationship between Dana and Fedor, Dana found an excellent opportunity to turn Fedor into an example for the braindead audience in the USA, as in if you don't bend over when we tell you to do so we're going to fuck you. So they released Fedor from Strikeforce. Fedor having already lost the will to fight went on a retirement tour...and even if he didn't want to, all the legit hw were bound by contracts to the ufc.

For me Fedor is the GOAT, no matter what happens now down the road, he was the first fight to be great in all aspects of mma, and he combined everything with amazing explosion, animal brutality and the will to kill. Modern MMA fighters or goat contenders might be a little more technical in certain aspects here and there but they're all point-fighter pussies compared to the way Fedor fought and as far as character traits outside the ring and charisma goes there's not even a discussion there.

I don't expect everyone to be a Fedor fan, but giving him shit because he takes a couple of easy tune-ups before fighting stronger competition is just people being clueless about sports in general.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015

This interview took place in a youth forum in Russia right after Fedor announced he's coming back. Back then I was at the shillfested UG, and touch had translated some important parts. In this interview he said very clearly: I've been away from the sport for 3 years, so first I will take two tune-up fights, one in Japan and perhaps one in Russia and then I will move to the US.

So far he is doing exactly as he said he would do. Those who hate him for taking the tune-up fights have either never fought in their entire life (or done sports at all) or they're younger than 20 years old and have no clue what 3 years away from a sport might do to you.

As for you Fade to black, I don't know if you are a Fedor hater or not, but I will say this. When the other Pride stars went to the ufc, Fedor and some other Pride stars went to other orgs like Affliction and Strikeforce. Josh Barnett - and whatever fuckery took place behind the scenes - brought down Affliction. If you want to look at how legitimate Strikeforce was, take a look at the current ufc champions list. What happened then was that Fedor, sadly, became old, never went the TRT route, had a really bad year and went 0-3. At the same time the ufc eliminated the competition like every scum organization on this earth knows best... by buying their competition out.

Due to the shitty relationship between Dana and Fedor, Dana found an excellent opportunity to turn Fedor into an example for the braindead audience in the USA, as in if you don't bend over when we tell you to do so we're going to fuck you. So they released Fedor from Strikeforce. Fedor having already lost the will to fight went on a retirement tour...and even if he didn't want to, all the legit hw were bound by contracts to the ufc.

For me Fedor is the GOAT, no matter what happens now down the road, he was the first fight to be great in all aspects of mma, and he combined everything with amazing explosion, animal brutality and the will to kill. Modern MMA fighters or goat contenders might be a little more technical in certain aspects here and there but they're all point-fighter pussies compared to the way Fedor fought and as far as character traits outside the ring and charisma goes there's not even a discussion there.

I don't expect everyone to be a Fedor fan, but giving him shit because he takes a couple of easy tune-ups before fighting stronger competition is just people being clueless about sports in general.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

MMA DUDE BRO

Mar 2, 2016
These "in talks" with the UFC rumors are so agitating. Just be done with it man. Fedor's not going to get anything close to what he wants. And I say this as a long-time Fedor fan. He was my favorite fighter. All they have to do is point to him losing to a middleweight Henderson and his going out on fights against has-beens in a poorly monitored TV market as grounds for not having a proper metric on his worth in the US.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015

I never saw this interview and was unaware of what his plans were, so that changes things.

Not sure whether to call you out on this, but if you're trying to insinuate that I'm not a Fedor fan or I don't have a clue about sports all because I am against his decision to duck the UFC for so long, that's bullshit. In fact my position comes from frustration of wanting to see Fedor fight in the UFC and not seeing it, while most of the relevant Pride fighters just like him signed deals, including even Barnett who had a strained relationship with Dana just like Fedor did. In fact Dana said Barnett would "never" fight in he UFC again and yet here he is!

So if Fedor wanted to fight the top fighters after Affliction folded, he'd have one UFC fight under his belt by now.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Dana is a piece of shit and I applaud Fedor not fighting for him. Nick and Nate are compromising their manhood in doing so.

PhoenixFire

Dec 13, 2015
A picture's worth a thousand words, so what's a gif worth? I respond with gifs all the time. Pretty sure the truncated version is, "Some fans are ignorant." Which is a true statement. Doesn't make them dumb, or their opinion wrong; Just unaware. Please correct me if i missed the point you were making La Paix @BirdWatcher.
Actually you just made a valid point but, in answer to your question, I think artists paint pictures, morons post stupid gifs, stupid gifs are a forum killer, I noticed that a moderator later in this thread posted a stupid gif, in my book this moderator is a moron...

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Actually you just made a valid point but, in answer to your question, I think artists paint pictures, morons post stupid gifs, stupid gifs are a forum killer, I noticed that a moderator later in this thread posted a stupid gif, in my book this moderator is a moron...
Woah, calm down mate. Firstly, that sort of disrespect is directly against forum rules.

Secondly, I think you misinterpreted the meaning of the gif. It's a classic gif that was posted to reflect the mentality of a lot of casual MMA fans. I don't think it was a dig at you or your argument.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

The forum will be just fine.