Fedor on WMMA - Fighting is for men

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
During a lengthy interview with WHOATV, the MMA legend was asked about UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey. He explained through an interpreter that he doesn’t support women competing in the sport that made him a star.

“He saw her fight,” Fedor’s interpreter said. “She has really interesting fights. Maybe a little bit of improvement to striking, but he doesn’t support women’s MMA.”

Rousey has become one of the biggest stars in the sport while dominating challengers in the UFC, a promotion which company president Dana White once famously said would never play host to women athletes.

Emelianenko offered up a cringeworthy explanation of his objection to women’s MMA while bringing a physical aspect to his criticism.

“Women shouldn’t compete in UFC/MMA because this sport is for men,” Emelianenko said through his interpreter. “There are a lot of sports where women look like women – like gymnastics, water sports, maybe some athletics.

“He’s telling that women shouldn’t fight. MMA is for men. It’s a man sport.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/03/fedor-emelianenko-on-female-fighters-mma-is-for-men-its-a-man-sport

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Invicta I havent missed an event.. Glory I've missed a couple.. One FC hardly seen any.
I would encourage you to pay $10 for the OneFC event this Friday. I think you will find it to be the best value in MMA today.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
"Women voting and drive car? What is this? Alien planet that most glorious and deciding who wins fight God made too?

That is most amusing. Pass me large hat"

Still, gotta love the way the man fights.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Is it surprising that a devout Orthodox Christian is misogynist? Not really.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
I don't think men should decide what women should do with their bodies.

Im sure Fedor's mother doesnt approve of him fighting either but that's not stopping him.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I don't think men should decide what women should do with their bodies.

Im sure Fedor's mother doesnt approve of him fighting either but that's not stopping him.
Oh, I think we SHOULD decide what women do with their bodies sir.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
lol, sorry, I'm just not impressed with his views, have you seen him talk politics? It's just as narrow minded.

disclaimer: he's an awesome fighter who I really enjoy watching :)
He's from a different culture, none of us are familiar with...where religion plays a huge part in political beliefs as well. So I can't fault for him of that. He seems like a genuinely nice person, which is more than I can say about A LOT of people that I know with what would be considered "rational political views" lol.

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
He's from a different culture, none of us are familiar with...where religion plays a huge part in political beliefs as well. So I can't fault for him of that. He seems like a genuinely nice person, which is more than I can say about A LOT of people that I know with what would be considered "rational political views" lol.
The guy comes from a small town indeed. He did have the chance to travel the world and experience a lot of things the average Russian has no access to. You'd think he would be a bit more open minded.

He also represent MMA in Russia, will he try to squash any WMMA participation in Russia?

There's a huge difference between not being a fan of WMMA and being against the participation of women, especially as the President of a MMA body.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The guy comes from a small town indeed. He did have the chance to travel the world and experience a lot of things the average Russian has no access to. You'd think he would be a bit more open minded.

He also represent MMA in Russia, will he try to squash any WMMA participation in Russia?

There's a huge difference between not being a fan of WMMA and being against the participation of women, especially as the President of a MMA body.
BLAF wasn't a fan of WMMA at one time either. People's opinions change, and Fedor seems like a pretty laid back personality to me...so I wouldn't read too much into this. Just my opinion.

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
We're all too familiar with that line of thinking, it used to be like that 60-70 years ago here.

Aleks on WMMA:

What do you think about women’s MMA?

Oh! I don’t respect it at all! There are women and men’s type of sport. Would you fancy dating a girl with broken ears or nose? There are feminine types of sport like rhythmic gymnastics or figure skating that develop and make women look beautiful. Imagine you have a wife who does weightlifting. She is going to pick you up and carry away.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm a big fan of wmma so I disagree.