FEDOR WANTS TO MAKE MMA RETURN AGAINST WERDUM

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

In an interview with Russian media outlet Union MMAlast week, Fedor Emelianenko got the mixed martial arts world all worked up when he announced that he was training again, and hoping to return to the sport.

“I was able to recover and heal old injuries. The last three years I have maintained physical form, but this level is not enough to go into battle, therefore recently I started intensive training,” the 38-year-old Russian hero said.

“We have assembled a team of versatile coaches and athletes who will help me in the training process. There is still work to do to prepare to leave the ring. Negotiations are underway with promotions. Once agreements are reached, there will be information on the date of the fight and rival.”

The UFC has never been able to reach an agreement with, and sign, Fedor in the past. And it was not for lack of trying. Most notably, the company played with the idea of a crowd-pleasing Fedor vs. Brock Lesnar match at the Dallas Cowboy’s stadium, the venue it’s now interested in for Conor McGregor vs. Jose Aldo. But since his motivation to return seems to be based simply on his love of fighting, this time may be different.

Earlier this week, Russian site Mixfight.ru dropped the first clue as to where Fedor will land, claiming that during a visit to a “youth conference" called Mashuk 2015, someone asked him point-blank who he wants to fight first.

Fedor’s response was simple and serious:

“Fabricio Werdum!”

LINK: Fedor Wants to Make MMA Return Against Werdum | FIGHTLAND

Last edited by a moderator:

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'm so ready for that fight. UFC finally has an opportunity to sign the unsignable and make a premiere fight that everyone would love to see. If they fail to capitalize, I will be eternally salty about it.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
What if he came back and demolished everybody like old times...I thought it wasn't feasible until the resurgence of the HWs of late...Werdum is better than their first fight..

MoomBah

Posting Machine
Feb 16, 2015
I'm usually against these non earned title shots but this one has to happen. Zero complaints from me and i think that's a winnable fight for Fedor.

MMA Gods, makie it happen.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I don't want to see Fedor come back and take more punishment but on the other hand i want to see him come back and tear shit up.
He's put the feelers out and now its in zuffa hands hopefully they pay whatever it takes.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
What if he came back and demolished everybody like old times...I thought it wasn't feasible until the resurgence of the HWs of late...Werdum is better than their first fight..
The thing is, Werdum has been training and fighting regularly. Fedor's last fight was 3 years ago, and I doubt he has been training as hard as an active fighter, if he even was training more than just maintenance.

Last edited:

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
cue Dana 'We offered him more money than we can imagine and he turned it down, He's shit, overrated! Wouldn't even make the prelims'...

ok Dana ok

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
cue Dana 'We offered him more money than we can imagine and he turned it down, He's shit, overrated! Wouldn't even make the prelims'...

ok Dana ok
So here's an old interview from 09 I think. The comments about Fedor are interesting but the best are what he has to say about StrikeForce and fighter pay after seeing what's gone down since this was taped.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
So here's an old interview from 09 I think. The comments about Fedor are interesting but the best are what he has to say about StrikeForce and fighter pay after seeing what's gone down since this was taped.

ahh the best fighting the best 3x a year.dana is such a greedy cunt.he can not fathom people doing things for something other that money.ya you offered fedor money but coker offered respect

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
ahh the best fighting the best 3x a year.dana is such a greedy cunt.he can not fathom people doing things for something other that money.ya you offered fedor money but coker offered respect
I was hoping somebody would write this. Maybenit disingenuous but he can't imagine somebody not doing god knows what if the price is high enough. I'll always remember Rory on the JRE completely shutting down the idea of fighting GSP regardless how many truck loads of money is offered. He's not scared, he doesn't suck he just has his priorities straight.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
This!!

Oh please Fedor vs Werdum. Werdum is def better then he was but in Fedor we trust lol

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
IF this happens I feel it's a great move for Fedor. Even if he gets finished wuick again how can anybody judge him for losing to a guy like Werdum? Guys beat him already and then Cain, the two guys in HW who have been touted as elite. If he can figure out a way to win or makenit competitive then he can face AA again, Browne, AO finally, Barnett.....man I'm hopeful. Just a few days ago I was rooting for a Bellator signing but if Fedor is serious about wanting to challeging himself against the best quickly then I'm pumped for it. I hope he's getting into shape.

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Fedor's problem against Werdum wasn't old age or injuries, it was COASTING. You could see it in the fights prior to Werdum, and the writing was on the wall in Fedor's training camp. Fedor & M1 were cutting corners, they didn't have a single BJJ blackbelt or western wrestling coach in his camp. His striking was devolving fight-to-fight, and his grappling awareness was basically gone against Werdum. He escaped a triangle/armbar less than a minute into the fight after attacking a downed Werdum, then fucking dove right back into Wedum's guard and got submitted. It was a horrible tactical error that showed his camp did basically zero gameplanning for the fight, and just "let Fedor be Fedor." Granted, he was the greatest HW of all time, but part of being the greatest HW of all time should include knowing not to dive into the full guard of the greatest HW BJJ practitioner of all time.

Unless he's planning on taking his training seriously, with a serious camp, he should stay retired.

BTW: I honestly think this is just to drive his asking price with CokerBellator up.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Fedor's problem against Werdum wasn't old age or injuries, it was COASTING. You could see it in the fights prior to Werdum, and the writing was on the wall in Fedor's training camp. Fedor & M1 were cutting corners, they didn't have a single BJJ blackbelt or western wrestling coach in his camp. His striking was devolving fight-to-fight, and his grappling awareness was basically gone against Werdum. He escaped a triangle/armbar less than a minute into the fight after attacking a downed Werdum, then fucking dove right back into Wedum's guard and got submitted. It was a horrible tactical error that showed his camp did basically zero gameplanning for the fight, and just "let Fedor be Fedor." Granted, he was the greatest HW of all time, but part of being the greatest HW of all time should include knowing not to dive into the full guard of the greatest HW BJJ practitioner of all time.

Unless he's planning on taking his training seriously, with a serious camp, he should stay retired.

BTW: I honestly think this is just to drive his asking price with CokerBellator up.
Some good insight there and I agree about his mistake in that fight. I'm just at the point where I want to see him compete again ONLY if he's in it to win it. If its a 90% effort then just relax and enjoy life. No matter how this plays out its almost impossible for me to lose respect or admiration for the guy.

MoomBah

Posting Machine
Feb 16, 2015
Even if he loses to Werdum hes still has great matchups in the division.

Who wouldnt want to see:
Fedor vs Barnett
Fedor vs Big Nog
Fedor vs Arlovski
Fedor vs Overeem
Fedor vs Mark Hunt
Fedor vs Bigfoot
Fedor vs Mir

Im creaming my pants just thinking about it.