Ferguson Gaethje signed?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
I have no life, no family and no friends

i will never surrender

until I go to bed in a bit
Hey I wrote that

It was my senior quote

Are you Kenny flordigan ?

Kenny Florian's slightly less cool younger brother from Florida who steals material ?

You can tell me

I have a PhD

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
Okay . I revised my thoughts

Hear me out

Let them go ahead with the UFC event . No problem .

BUT

If any of the people involved contract Covid 19 as a direct result of the event then they are NOT eligible for health care .

This means that they cannot take up space in the hospitals or have ventilators used on them . They are on their own and if they die they die .

They are all going out of their way on their own free wills to break social distancing and the quarantine.

Why would they deserve a hospital bed when we are already overloaded ?

Fuck em

Give it to the man who got it by going grocery shopping for basic needs!

Or the woman who is an essential employee doing her job who gets it then .

The front line workers and the ones doing what they can to stay indoors are the heros in this saga

But but but .. 'the fighters need to make money"

Yeah .. me too. I lost my fucking job over this and cannot work, why are these guys special ?

Who here is making an income right now ?

They are one of us . They can tough it out .

I have too!

Does this mean I can ignore the rules and continue my business despite all the bylaws in place ?

You would all be calling for my head if I did something like that

You are all a bunch of brainwashed fools

What a fucking multi millionaire gets to make an income but the guys out here who are being forced to shut down their businesses can't ?

Fuck you

I am going to lose my fucking business . Newsflash cunts I am not a millionaire.

In fact I am barley holding on right now

But sure let's let these fucksticks continue to make money . Let's let them take a shit on the rules . They are special . They entertain us

Fools

Fuck them . If they catch covid after this they DO NOT deserve medical attention . Leave it to the people who aren't breaking the rules .

Copied from other thread .

This is the better thread and I hope they merge it for my man @Lars

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
As I replied to another person, 'Some place on Earth' is hardly a slam dunk.

If they go ahead with this event, those of us who said it won't happen will be wrong, but for the right reasons. I think most of us were saying 'this won't be sanctioned by any state commission or national government' and it looks like we were right. But it looks like the new UFC is unconcerned with whether or not this openly flouts

There's not a chance the Fertittas, scumbags as they are, would have done this, partly because they wouldn't be a dire loan situation in the first place. They wouldn't piss all over the regulatory legitimization efforts they spent years on over a single card.

But for all my pearl clutching, do I want to see Ferguson vs Gaethje actually goes ahead? Fuck yes. That fight's awesome. If the UFC is going to go full underground dog fighting promotion, let's see the best dog fights.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
The truth is we dont know if this is dangerous. If they're testing the fighters as they previously said they would, there isn't really a lot of potential danger.
LOL WHAT ???

You don't know if this is dangerous ?

You don't at all think this sets a precedent ?

Ignorance is bliss I guess

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
LOL WHAT ???

You don't know if this is dangerous ?

You don't at all think this sets a precedent ?

Ignorance is bliss I guess
If 2 people agree to fight, and they're both tested and found to be negative. How is that dangerous?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
If 2 people agree to fight, and they're both tested and found to be negative. How is that dangerous?
because there aren't a lot of tests, they aren't super-reliable, and why would we waste them on two guys who want to punch each other in the face for fun?

and what about all the training and camps that lead up to this? Are all of those people being tested regularly?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
because there aren't a lot of tests, they aren't super-reliable, and why would we waste them on two guys who want to punch each other in the face for fun?
There's no downside to testing more people. We also have no idea where these tests would be coming from, so that's a thing.

and what about all the training and camps that lead up to this? Are all of those people being tested regularly?
They don't need to be.

M

member 3289

The truth is we dont know if this is dangerous. If they're testing the fighters as they previously said they would, there isn't really a lot of potential danger.
Gathering multiple people together in an enclosed area right now is dangerous. Are they gonna test the announcer? The cameramen? The refs? The commentators? The cutmen? The corners?

Even if they do test all of those people there is still a risk. People have to fly to this secret fucking island of Atlantis and will have contact with people who haven't been tested and may be asymptomatic carriers.

But on a very selfish level, I don't care. Just. Fucking. Bleed.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
There's no downside to testing more people. We also have no idea where these tests would be coming from, so that's a thing.

They don't need to be.
the downside to testing more people is that there are finite tests, and the only people getting advanced care are those that test positive.
so...huge fucking downside for the lady who gets told "go home and come back when you can't breathe or feel light-headed"

and if those ancillary people aren't tested, how do you know that they're not contracting and spreading the virus? Are you aware of the lag time from exposure/infection to positive test?

if your boyfriend has COVID and blows a load in your eye, you won't test positive for a couple days, at best.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Also, anyone dumb enough to expose themselves to this much risk for my entertainment should be allowed to.

Viva Liberty.