Ferguson Gaethje signed?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
the downside to testing more people is that there are finite tests, and the only people getting advanced care are those that test positive.
so...huge fucking downside for the lady who gets told "go home and come back when you can't breathe or feel light-headed"

and if those ancillary people aren't tested, how do you know that they're not contracting and spreading the virus? Are you aware of the lag time from exposure/infection to positive test?

if your boyfriend has COVID and blows a load in your eye, you won't test positive for a couple days, at best.
So you know both what type of test they're using and where they're getting them from?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
So you know both what type of test they're using and where they're getting them from?
i know that the tests are finite.

They should just go fight and everyone should be sequestered on that island for 8 weeks after the fight.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Gathering multiple people together in an enclosed area right now is dangerous. Are they gonna test the announcer? The cameramen? The refs? The commentators? The cutmen? The corners?

Even if they do test all of those people there is still a risk. People have to fly to this secret fucking island of Atlantis and will have contact with people who haven't been tested and may be asymptomatic carriers.
The thing is, we have no idea about any of these details. Now, what do we know for sure? We know with 1000% certainty that Dana is a greedy fuck and that WME is even worse. It seems more likely to me that they have in fact developed a watertight plan than it does that they're rolling the dice on having a single event.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
M

member 3289

The thing is, we have no idea about any of these details. Now, what do we know for sure? We know with 1000% certainty that Dana is a greedy fuck and that WME is even worse. It seems more likely to me that they have in fact developed a watertight plan than it does that they're rolling the dice on having a single event.
A watertight plan to avoid COVID-19 infections when even world leaders are catching it?

Lol

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
If 2 people agree to fight, and they're both tested and found to be negative. How is that dangerous?
Okay fair .

Would you agree that if by the small chance anyone involved becomes infected with covid19 as a direct result of this event that they should be ineligible for any health care related to covid 19?

Would it be fair to give them a ventilator and a bed in an already over crowded hospital when they are INTENTIONALLY breaking social distancing and being fully aware of the risk they are taking ?

Or would you prefer that spot to go to someone who is following the rules ?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Would you agree that if by the small chance anyone involved becomes infected with covid19 as a direct result of this event that they should be ineligible for any health care related to covid 19?
No, they're human beings.

Would it be fair to give them a ventilator and a bed in an already over crowded hospital when they are INTENTIONALLY breaking social distancing and being fully aware of the risk they are taking ?
You're going to be really hard pressed to make this argument when they're attempting to provide the only live sports anywhere on the planet. That in itself has a value that's almost impossible to quanitfy.

Or would you prefer that spot to go to someone who is following the rules ?
It's already a toss up as to whether or not people are "following the rules". I encounter people everyday not following the rules, and they're contrubiting jackshit to society, but they aren't going to be questioned and then denied healthcare.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
No, they're human beings.

You're going to be really hard pressed to make this argument when they're attempting to provide the only live sports anywhere on the planet. That in itself has a value that's almost impossible to quanitfy.

It's already a toss up as to whether or not people are "following the rules". I encounter people everyday not following the rules, and they're contrubiting jackshit to society, but they aren't going to be questioned and then denied healthcare.
To play devil's advocate

What exactly are they contributing to society ?

3 hours of entertainment to maybe half a million people . Seems pretty insignificant compared to what is happening in the world . But to each their own

Also I know that they are human being . But if I have to stop my business and forfeit my income they should have to as well . And if not then they should omit any chance of medical attention as a result . They know the risk and are willing to ignore it .

If chemo was just as in demand would you be okay with giving a life long smoker with lung cancer the chemo over a child who got it through bad luck?

Lastly I understand it will be the only live sport and that in itself is a problem . Everyone else can follow the rules. Why can't MMA ?

Makes our whole community as a whole look like trash.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
What exactly are they contributing to society ?

3 hours of entertainment to maybe half a million people . Seems pretty insignificant compared to what is happening in the world . But to each their own
A little normalcy in a crazy world is worth an immeasurable amount in times like this whether the people who really hate Dana want to admit it or not. I can tell you right now, the things I'm most looking forward to once things are "back to normal" are things that most people would think are frivilous wastes of time.

If chemo was just as in demand would you be okay with giving a life long smoker with lung cancer the chemo over a child who got it through bad luck?
That's already a possibility. Healthcare is essentially first come, first served so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
A little normalcy in a crazy world is worth an immeasurable amount in times like this whether the people who really hate Dana want to admit it or not. I can tell you right now, the things I'm most looking forward to once things are "back to normal" are things that most people would think are frivilous wastes of time.

That's already a possibility. Healthcare is essentially first come, first served so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.
I cannot say I agree with you . But I will say I hear what you are saying and respect your opinion .

Cheers pal. I sincerely hope we get normalcy back. I don't see it fully happening but I too am hopeful

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
LOL WHAT ???

You don't know if this is dangerous ?

You don't at all think this sets a precedent ?

Ignorance is bliss I guess
restaurant and super market workers are still working
many office buildings are still open

let the fighters be men, let them fight

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
You got a source on that?

pretty bold claim sir
FAKE NEWS

Someone is putting words in my mouth

I'm going to out all these criminals .. yes I am

BIGLY and beautifully

Dare I say this is an INSIDE JOB

I would never not source my material . I am not a SUBHUMAN trashbag who would throw out a claim without sufficient backup

Here's looking at you SuperPig @Willthiswork