Fertitta predicts McGregor will be MMA's first $100 million man

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Conor McGregor, who won the UFC featherweight title Saturday night with a one-punch knockout of Jose Aldo, is going to be a rich man by the time his UFC career is done.

At least that's the prediction of UFC chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta, who said Tuesday night that he thought McGregor would be "our first $100 millionaire."

Fertitta said that number, which assumes McGregor will continue to dominate, would be in just fight earnings, bonuses and pay-per-view revenue and would not include his outside income from the likes of Monster, his autograph deal with Fanatics or entertainment deals.

If McGregor, 27, is going to reach that figure, it appears he's going to have to stay relevant for a while. Filings with the Nevada Athletic Commission reveal McGregor was paid $500,000 for the fight against Aldo. He also gets a $40,000 bonus paid by the UFC for the Reebok outfitting deal and a $50,000 bonus from the UFC for the performance of the night. In addition, he'll get a cut of the revenue from what is expected to be more than one million pay-per-view buys.

Fertitta, who declined to predict a final number for McGregor's earnings Saturday, said McGregor's quick work of Aldo "left people wanting more."

LINK: Conor McGregor will be first UFC fighter to hit $100M in earnings, CEO predicts

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
When you are the Owner of an organization and are caught partying with a fighter, why stop at 100 million, Hell go with 200 million after alll you control the amount of money he is given.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
If this were boxing he'd only be two or three fights away from reaching that goal now. Even if the UFC was paying Conor what some articles have claimed he's being paid, then he'd be three or four fights away, depending on whether his pay per view numbers continue to grow. At the end of the day we have no idea how much he's being paid, or even if he's actually getting a decent cut of the pay per view money. Lorenzo had that one quote a few weeks ago where he said that fans would still complain if Zuffa paid the fighters 200% of the profits, or something along those lines. Start with 20% and go from there.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
If this were boxing he'd only be two or three fights away from reaching that goal now. Even if the UFC was paying Conor what some articles have claimed he's being paid, then he'd be three or four fights away, depending on whether his pay per view numbers continue to grow. At the end of the day we have no idea how much he's being paid, or even if he's actually getting a decent cut of the pay per view money. Lorenzo had that one quote a few weeks ago where he said that fans would still complain if Zuffa paid the fighters 200% of the profits, or something along those lines. Start with 20% and go from there.
i agree listening to Zuffa comments is like listening to a record player on the high seas... sounds different every time a wave comes

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
He'll make 100 million if he fights 30 or 40 times in the UFC without losing lol.

I don't buy any of this shit, I think this is Zuffa's way of fighting the latest concerns about their payouts. They're saying "look what you can do if you're a company man, if you keep your mouth shut and do what we say." Keeps the young guys hungrier and more willing to fight for peanuts if they think they can make those huge pay days in the future. Zuffa are writing a fairy tale here and McGregor is more than happy to be the main character.

MadFatChickKilla

Oct 25, 2015
I hope he gets that money but shady crooks are shady.

If they want they could give him bad match ups and fuck it all up.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
I hope he gets that money but shady crooks are shady.

If they want they could give him bad match ups and fuck it all up.
I'm curious, who do you think a bad match up for him is. It's certainly not in the featherweight division, and Connor has proved that thus far.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This all smells like a way to hide low pay.

Just say he's gonna be the first xxx million man!! See the money is here! You can make it if your are skilled enoguh.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
A quote about pay:

Forbes Magazine estimated that between fights and endorsements, Rousey made an estimated $6.5 million from June 2014 to June 2015 alone.

Rousey is making about 3 million a fight altogether with endorsements, etc.
If conor is 50% more draw (doubt it) he'd be making 4.5

Gonnna take Conor 20+ fights to make 100 million at the current rate.

Even if he doubles his income half way through the run, he'd need 15+ fights paying him larger sums until the end.

MadFatChickKilla

Oct 25, 2015
I'm curious, who do you think a bad match up for him is. It's certainly not in the featherweight division, and Connor has proved that thus far.
Any one with decent wrestling who can close the distance, frankie come to mind for the featherweight as does clay guida who would take seven punches just to grab a hold of you, I would like to see a Chad who completed a full a camp not one who competed on short notice and then Max has been chomping at the bit since his loss to Conor that would be an interesting match up to see if goes the same way without Conor injured.

I think his first loss comes at lightweight, the men are bigger hit harder and have both legit strikers in petits, RDA, Barboza, I think Cerone will be a good match up but he has shown in the Diaz fight his mentle game isn't as mature as his fighting game and don't think he would take the mind games well from Conor, shit I'd like to see bobby green have a go as I would like to see Benson Henderson have a go.

Then you have the wrestler in Khabib if he can stay healthy for a camp.

Tony ferguson would be a great match up but likes to get hit a bit so it's if he could reduce the distance, clinch and put the pressure on I think he could be a crazy outsider.

Conor has had quite an easy path to the title and fair play to him for dispatching Aldo in 13 seconds, didn't see that coming.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Any one with decent wrestling who can close the distance, frankie come to mind for the featherweight as does clay guida who would take seven punches just to grab a hold of you, I would like to see a Chad who completed a full a camp not one who competed on short notice and then Max has been chomping at the bit since his loss to Conor that would be an interesting match up to see if goes the same way without Conor injured.

I think his first loss comes at lightweight, the men are bigger hit harder and have both legit strikers in petits, RDA, Barboza, I think Cerone will be a good match up but he has shown in the Diaz fight his mentle game isn't as mature as his fighting game and don't think he would take the mind games well from Conor, shit I'd like to see bobby green have a go as I would like to see Benson Henderson have a go.

Then you have the wrestler in Khabib if he can stay healthy for a camp.

Tony ferguson would be a great match up but likes to get hit a bit so it's if he could reduce the distance, clinch and put the pressure on I think he could be a crazy outsider.

Conor has had quite an easy path to the title and fair play to him for dispatching Aldo in 13 seconds, didn't see that coming.
Just for the record, I believe a couple guys in the lightweight division are capable of beating Connor. RDA, Cerrone, and Khabib. (Provided he can stay healthy)

As far as the whole 'full camp Mendes' talk that keeps flying around, that's a hard sell. Mendes was just knocked out first round, after a full camp.

MadFatChickKilla

Oct 25, 2015
Just for the record, I believe a couple guys in the lightweight division are capable of beating Connor. RDA, Cerrone, and Khabib. (Provided he can stay healthy)

As far as the whole 'full camp Mendes' talk that keeps flying around, that's a hard sell. Mendes was just knocked out first round, after a full camp.
I agree Mendes might be a hard sell but if he goes on some absolute tear then that's the sell right there, same for Aldo a rematch is a hard sell but if he beats a few of the contenders then that's the sell.

Both of those dude have fallen in the last week so it at least 1 1/2 year until we see any rematchs and Conor has himself booked up until the beginning of 2018 anyway so we might not ever see it.

I would also like to see Joe Duffy, as long as he can finish Dustin.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If he keeps holding his own press conferences and knocking out top fighters. He'll hit 100mil easily, the media love him, I've seen far more interest in him over here in the UK than Ronda. People sharing his quotes / gifs all over social media.

He's a phenomenon and 100mil is just tip of the iceberg.

I've never seen a fighter look so natural in front of a media, that's a one way ticket to lots of cash.

MadFatChickKilla

Oct 25, 2015
If he keeps holding his own press conferences and knocking out top fighters. He'll hit 100mil easily, the media love him, I've seen far more interest in him over here in the UK than Ronda. People sharing his quotes / gifs all over social media.

He's a phenomenon and 100mil is just tip of the iceberg.

I've never seen a fighter look so natural in front of a media, that's a one way ticket to lots of cash.
Have to agree he's a natural under pressure and it's crazy the interest he has generated over here, I had the taxi driver on Sunday morning talking him up and getting interested in the sport (he watched boxing only) so it can only be a good thing.

Hope he gets that 100 million.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
A quote about pay:

Forbes Magazine estimated that between fights and endorsements, Rousey made an estimated $6.5 million from June 2014 to June 2015 alone.

Even if he doubles his income half way through the run, he'd need 15+ fights paying him larger sums until the end.
Aint happening, remember they have signed Sage, a few more fights and Conor will end up like GSP did.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
A quote about pay:

Forbes doesn't know shit. They don't calculate ppv points becauae they don't know. They see Ronda got paid $65,000 to show and $65,000 to win and think she only got paid $130,000 for her fight with Cat and Cat was paid $100,000.

I agree though. It would be hard for someone in the UFC to get to $100 million.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Forbes doesn't know shit. They don't calculate ppv points becauae they don't know. They see Ronda got paid $65,000 to show and $65,000 to win and think she only got paid $130,000 for her fight with Cat and Cat was paid $100,000.

While I believe that if anyone knows Rousey's actual network, its you, I'm not sure I buy that.
Forbes estimated 6+ million for a period involving only two fights.

You think she earned more? Sounds like they estimated a bunch of other stuff.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Now is Zuffa gonna estimate the 100 million or is someone else with credit? I wonder if the mansion Zuffa is renting for Conor added into the figure.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
Ehhhhh. Even with Zuffa tossing money at him, that's a lot of fights he's got to win.
motivation to work as hard as possible for the next couple years in order to be a rich man and not brain dead by the time of retirement

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015

not for mcgoat. i hear he made 12 mil or close to it against aldo (somewhere on this site actually LOL)... give him 5 fights he'll make it at least half way based on opponent (opponents name might not even matter as long as he's a good fighter) + all his money making deals outside the UFC

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
not for mcgoat. i hear he made 12 mil or close to it against aldo (somewhere on this site actually LOL)... give him 5 fights he'll make it at least half way based on opponent (opponents name might not even matter as long as he's a good fighter) + all his money making deals outside the UFC
I dont believe the 12 million figure.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
While I believe that if anyone knows Rousey's actual network, its you, I'm not sure I buy that.
Forbes estimated 6+ million for a period involving only two fights.

You think she earned more? Sounds like they estimated a bunch of other stuff.
I think it's closer to $5-$6 million a fight not counting endorsements, TV and movie appearances and photo shoots, of which she has been everywhere for the past 2 years. If she was saying she is the highest paid UFC fighter then I think it would be more than $3 million a fight because I'm positive there are other fighters making more than that.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Hmmm...just found this article with Conor talking about wanting a 9 figure contract. Maybe Fertitta is going to give it to him.

“I’m still here the highest-paid. Let’s compare contracts. Because the contract that I’m talking now is nine figures, nine figures I’m talking. Nobody in the game has talked nine figures. That’s $100 million plus. That’s my contract, so, that’s where I’m at and I’ve done it the way I’ve done it,” he continued.
“When you’re bringing in $60 million revenue on a fight where the main event guy has pulled out two weeks before, you think anyone else can do that? This next one, we are estimating a gate of $10 million for the gate alone. This is going to bring in $90 to $100 million this card here. So you’re damn right I’ll get it.

“I came at them with fact, numbers and I didn’t go round about. I looked them dead in the eye with straight facts. When someone comes at you with clear facts, there’s only one thing you can do and that’s respect it. You got to respect good business, if you don’t respect good business, then that’s on you. I am very confident we will come to a deal and it will be in the nine-figure mark, and rightfully so.”
Conor McGregor Claims to be Highest Paid, Wants $100-Million-Plus | MMAWeekly.com